Seriously
What am I missing?
Why can't I wrap my head around this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qfQE0SOGG-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not a hard film to comprehend

You're dumb.

I believe the movie is about parallel universes. Like that movie Coherence. Naomi Watts was sent into a paraller dimension after opening the box and killed herself because the latino hottie was straight in this dimension.

Ok explain it then smart guy

wrong

the first section of the movie is a dream. everything after the blue box is the real world.

in the dream world she is a great actress, and Rita/Camilla depends on her and loves her and the director's life is miserable.

Notice the movie begins with a camera zooming in on a pillow to signify that what you are about to see is a dream. Also Diane's dialog "I feel like I just stepped in to some sort of dream place".

this. I got it first time I watched it.

It is just very boring and pretentious

you're boring and pretentious

>doesn't understand film
>knocks it for intelli-points
>kek

I'd be surprised if people didn't get that.

The issue I had is how everything is pretty much unresolved or never cleared up. People hide behind the 'defence' that it was originally meant to be a TV series, so Lynch didn't bother to cut them out - but that doesn't make it ok.

Did I enjoy those scenes? Yes. But you can't just ignore them and claim the film makes complete sense. If it wasn't Lynch, the director would have received a lot of criticism.

Soft-focus=dream/fantasy
Sharp=reality

There is nothing to "get", there is no universal meaning for the secret patrician dissecting club.

There are some general themes and ideas, but no "the point".
You either enjoy the experience or you don't

The sex scenes distracted you. You better watch them again.

That's why I could never finish watching this movie

Lost Highway is better

The box contained a shrinkray. The entire 'parallel dimension' was actually contained in cubic millimeter of space.

dreams often don't make complete sense

>76596668
You have to study philosofy , in particoular Freud.

That's a bollocks excuse, and you know it.

Why would she be dreaming about things that don't involve her? She isn't even present for them.

For this one too

Well to be honest most of Lynch's movies involve philosofy

because youre a typically uneducated american.

the only people dancing at the start of the movie are JITTERBUGGING, also a slang term for the shakes & delusional states old alkies get drying out in rehab... JUST LIKE THE MISSING "AUNT" IS DOING.

youre welcome dumb american.
canadians will always be here to explain theworld to your stupid ass.

They do involve her. In the dream she misses out on the part due to an overarching conspiracy, when in reality it's just the other girl slept with the director. The dream show her in her idealized life, as this great actress with a passionate relationship, and where whenever something goes wrong it's the fault of others.

The vignettes like the diner scene represent her fear of failure and death, from a detached perspective. Just because she's not there at winkys doesn't mean it doesn't involve her.

Her real life in contrast to her idealized one shows her flaws and insecurities, and though we never see her in action, implies she's not the best actress either.

youtube.com/watch?v=qfQE0SOGG-g

Here you go OP

>The vignettes like the diner scene represent her fear of failure and death, from a detached perspective. Just because she's not there at winkys doesn't mean it doesn't involve her.
How does the diner scene relate to her in anyway? Why would she be thinking about some guy that collapses after seeing a monster?

The conspiracy stuff is all legit, but the man passing out/dying at the diner has no relation.