Turn on cathode ray tube television set

>turn on cathode ray tube television set
>BWAAAAAAAAANG
How did we deal with this for so many years?

>doesnt like the sound of the tubes warming up

Fucking plebs I bet you don't even like 4:3

>not keeping. Crt around for laserdiscs and dvds

I hate the sound of trucks backing up

A good CRT Television and SD content through RGB looks fucking great.

>B&O

good old days

I hate being run over by trucks

Ctr bros I must ask a question, picked up an old one for free and it works but the thing didn't come with a remote and I can't pick an input. I've heard some channels are the default dvd input but I've flipped through them all. There is No channel 00

what the hell is this crap now. what are you on about, you dementoid? you don't like when trucks reverse and beep? it's helpful to pedestrians. whadda you, hypersensitive to all stimuli because your mom drank or some shit while your stupid face was in her? can't handle when a truck beeps and backs up? i bet the engine sound cuts to your stupid core too, huh? 'the fuck up until you actually have something to add to the conversation. u disgust me

Fuck drumpf and fuck white people

It sounds like one of those douche bag sets which dont go to AV1 without the remote either pick up another high grade set or buy some universal remote for 3 dollars on ebay.

Though if you are a euro fag just use a SCART RGB cable and once you turn on the DVD it should automatically jump to AV1

>be 8
>ask my dad if the high-pitched whine of the TV ever annoys him
>he doesn't know what I'm talking about
>stop noticing it as I grow up

>visit my dad
>he's still got an old beaten-up CRT
>every second it's on there's a high-pitched "eeeeeee" noise projected from the room that perfectly matches my tinnitus

Apparently I have the hearing of a fucking dog, because nobody else understands why I leave the room when it comes on. I get him not hearing it, he's old and high-frequency noises are the first to go with age, but my siblings don't hear it either.

I still hear CRTs and mosquito buzzers and I'm 22, I don't know anyone else who hears them. Guess I don't listen to loud music enough.

>the crt faintly glows at night looking like its haunted

could be your light bulbs or other appliances

I am almost 30 and can't go into some shops for a long period of time because the noise starts making me feel dizzy

it's an insignificant sound, man the fuck up you faggot ass cunt nugget

High-pitch sensitivity actually trails off from an early age, but it varies by person. Even in early adulthood, you lose the ability to hear tones you could hear as a child.

Trinitron tubes had the best sound

That shit literally gave me tinnitus. I had injured ear drums because of something unrelated and for some reason that made my ears super sensitive to the CRT whine, and now I can hear the noise all the time.

Thanks dad, you cheap fuck.

I think I've gotten more sensitive than when I was a kid or teen, though. Either that, or it's that all the CRTs I come across these days make more noise than the new ones I was watching as a kid. Or I'm only bothered because it matches my tinnitus so well. Either way I'm hearing it way more now than I did as a kid.

And by way more I meant that as a kid I never noticed any whine.

Same, I don't specifically remember being able to hear CRTs as a kid, but I do remember always being able to tell when one was on nearby.

used to hold pillows around the tv in certain spots to muffle the sound when turning it on late.

i got addicted to the videodrome

Makes your head feel like it's gonna explode from the inside.

what's the official name of that sound? my AC has been doing something similar..or so i guess