Tame impala

What do you honestly think about his music? What do you think about his production abilities not just with his own albums but with Ponds etc. What do you think the next album will be like? More pop like Prince or maybe hopefully more electronic and experimental like Tangerine Dream -ish/Com Truise

open.spotify.com/album/04uXkrNhFJ1iWEo88MGPva?si=3bcBAajISRiSp6692I48UQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iTbviVpmaeA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bass lines are tight as fuck

>it's popular so it's bad!

better than ariel pink

Mediocre but decent background to the videos they make, which are way cooler

One of the best writers today. Someone hurt him and he knows exactly how to write music about it.

if Beatles made music in 2010s they would sound exactly the same like Tame Impala

feel the same way

>someone or something

Great production. Lonerism and Innerspeaker are good. Currents is awful. Parker is undeniably talented.

A tad overrated but they're definitely a band that deserves to be overrated, the writing, production, and instrumentation are all exceptional and I fail to see how currents is that bad. Literally one of the best pop records of the last 10 years

They played one of the best concerts I've ever seen but the music hasn't really held up over the years, kevin just went the pop route and other bands have eclipsed it. I doubt he'll still be relevant by the time he makes another.

His first two albums are great, even if they didn't exactly cover any new ground. Innerspeaker probably has his best songwriting but Lonerism might be more impressive production wise.

Seconded

>I was picking up a suit from the dry cleaners
Which was standard for me
Thursday, 12:30, I gotta pretty solid routine these days
I don't know it just works for me
Anyway, I was leaving I was getting in my car
And I went to adjust the rearview mirror, but in its reflection
Just for a second, I saw a figure, started to trigger
Memories of what I had learned, stopped me in my tracks
Who was that? it was my lover, my lover, from a past life

Yup very exceptional writing

>best album
>awful
Sure thing m8

>he produced this song
youtube.com/watch?v=iTbviVpmaeA

hows high school going?

How's it going being the kind of person that doesn't realize Tame Impala are at their best the poppier they are? Try exposing yourself to a bit of psychedelic rock. Shit like Lonerism doesn't stack up.

Overall, I think that Tame Impala is one of the best and most consistent (well known) bands of this decade so far.

Like Is This It, Lonerism is a once-in-a-decade album that draws heavily on past influences put manages to push the genre forward (garage rock for The Strokes, psych rock for Tame Impala).

Currents has a lot of standout tracks and it's super funky. I wasn't hot about it when it came out, but it has since grown on me. I think it's praise upon release was well deserved.

Innerspeaker is a great album in its own right, but it's not nearly as dynamic as the albums that follow. I could see a new fan of Tame Impala pushing this record aside as somewhat dull.

I really dont see the appeal, i love Feels Like We Only Go Backwards though

yup

Of course Tame Impala is really dull compared to other psychedelic rock bands but its really what they were best at. Currents was a derivative 80s synthpop album with great production but it has been done to death already. Combine that with terrible cringey lyrics that sound like they were from a teenage girls diary, its not his best effort. Theres two instrumental fluff tracks on there for crying out loud. There are standout tracks on the album but it wont stand the test of time for being so unimaginative.

I think it was the most instantly gratifying and I think Kevin has a real knack for writing that kind of shit, I think that's what he'll be remembered for. it's also reflected in critical reception (p4k, Anthony Fantano)