Father is below average/average pro athlete

>father is below average/average pro athlete
>son becomes elite

>father is elite
>son is shit
Why does this happen?

Mom's genetics can come into play...If Shaq and Serena Williams had a baby it would be a god of some sort

Why is Enzo shit? Why were the Brett/Bobby Hull family elite?

It's the same reason that most great coaches were only average players. Average players understand the game on a deeper level than the elite because greatness doesn't come naturally to them. They have to study and practice more just to be competitive.

Imagine being Jordan's kid. His great advice would be to tell you to shoot 100 FT's every day.

Why dont more athlete's do this? Why even waste your time with a normie tier mortal human?

The son lacks the fight of the father.

Because the left does not believe in biological determinism. Or won't accept it, at least.

It's a mixture of this, and an average playing career not necessarily guaranteeing future comfort, which means the son will still need to work if he wants to have a good future for himself. Elite players make big money, enough for at least them and their kids to live without worry, it's hard to motivate yourself, if you know you can always fall back on your dad's money.

There's a substantial amount of luck involved with genetics. It's why two lanklets can still produce only above average height offspring, for example.

There are way more below average athletes having way more total children than great athletes. Simple.

Explain kobi or curry?

sometimes both father and son are shit

Because sons aren't identical to their fathers? Is Mexico really this dumb? As with literally everything else, how good a person is at a sport is determined partly by nurture and partly by nature.

more likely to spend their childhood pissing around on holidays and wasting money than the intense training their dad had to do from the age of like 10

Expectations.

Set the bar low and it's easy to improve.

Start high and you're bound to fail.

I do my bit by ensuring my gf only breeds with athletic black men as their seed is superior to mine

>wtf why aren't people clones?

Because Genetics are an incredibly confusing fields that the most useless of doctors study so no breakthroughs ever get discovered.

We'll get there eventually though.

>father works hard and provides for his family, giving his children opportunity to make something of themselves
>son spends all his time on anime message board

Less about clones, more about evolution.

If evolution is the mandate that the human species is suppose to biologically evolve with each new generation, even if just marginally, then the successor should still have greater the ability of the predecessor.

The fact that it doesn't work that way is the confusing part

>If evolution is the mandate that the human species is suppose to biologically evolve with each new generation

What

Evolution is the natural selection of survivors and is effectively void with modern medicine. We don't just become superhumans overtime

1) both parents matter
- if athlete maries some barby doll he'll probably have a weaker son then he would have marrying a /fit/ girl

2) some sports aren't always about technique and talent. sometimes willpower and mindset matters too. If you grow up poor, sports can become your way to get rich, so you can have a strong will to move forward and get better. if you grow up rich, you don't have that strong desire to "eat" to make you better.
3) sometimes genes + opportunity + expert instruction == an insurmountable advantage and yields peyton manning.

You think being a professional athlete is a low bar to set?

This board is so full of dumb faggots, you literally believe yourselves when you say some athlete is 'shit' just because they're not world class even though they're better than 99.9999% of other people in the world.

Genetics is a meme

>Both my parents are 5'6 or so
>I'm 6'2

There are many examples of average father, average son.

Only few become elite. Unlikely to have two in the same family.

Also if you're dad was elite you were probably a spoiled rich kid lacking the motivation to become elite

>implying the man that you think is your father is actually your father

All of the men in my dad's family are between 6'2"-6'5". It's no coincidence.

Not really the case until very recently. I mean now, yeah, people like Zidane's kids or Beckham's kids are probably spoilt brats, but go back one more generation and top football players simply weren't earning enough for their kids to be spoilt.

There was this kid I went to school with whose dad used to play professional football in the lower leagues and he was really driven and committed to being a football player as well but the simple truth is he just wasn't good enough.

Evolution doesn't work like that.

Youre an idiot

Americans are creationists, he doesn't understand evolution. It's not his fault.

this

even semi-pro footballers playing in the 6th division are miles better than the average person

Because athletes marry some slut with no talent or brain who is most likely short so their son ends up with her shitty genetics

Pro athletes marry dainty little femlettes, not strong alpha females. So their kids end up being not as strong as athletic as their dads.

do you actually not understand evolution? or are you just trying to trigger yuros

GOAT athletes tens to marry super models. Meh-tier athletes tend to marry people that are similarly interested in athletics.

This is incredibly accurate.

/thread

Reversion to the mean

For every memorable father/son duo, there are thousands of forgotten ones. I don't know how many times I've heard a sportscaster say "his dad also played the game" but dad wasn't HOF material.