When will this "The Beatles are the most revolutionary band that ever existed" meme end?

When will this "The Beatles are the most revolutionary band that ever existed" meme end?
I don't hate them, but they are far from being the most original/revolutionary.

Name a band more revolutionary.

>*listens to band decades after they released material*
>"dude how were they revolutionary?"
fucking retard

Mothers of invention
Beach Boys
Velvet Underground
Kinks

Of course I'm only naming contemporary bands. Naming krautrock bands would be unfair.

Lol no

Velvet Underground maybe, (but not as influential). The rest of them, no fucking way.

all beatles clones

When the Beatles were recording "And Your Bird Can Sing", Velvet Undergrounds were perfoming "Heroin" during the orgies of the Factory.

What do you think influential means?

The Beatles didn't innovate shit, everything they ever did was done before, good job OP on spreading the word

>Naming krautrock bands would be unfair.

i wish people would atleast understand that experimental =/= good.
a lot of their music is interesting for a few listens every now and then, but it rarely lasts.

They were innovative as far as popular music went. Be glad that someone in pop music was doing it.

>Mothers of invention
meme

The fact that

>Beach Boys
jaj xD

what about the Beach Boys and the Kinks

The more you believe the Beatles were revolutionary, the less you know about 60s experimental rock.

For sure they were influential. Because they were part of pop culture. Abbie Hoffman and Nixon influenced 60s music, but they weren't revolutionary musicians.

I love all those bands you listed, but yikes.

Popular music is NOT innovative music, you don't actually LISTEN to pop music, do you user?

That's implying pop music has too many restrictions. Which it didn't.

>picks one of the least acclaimed tracks from Revolver
>it's still better than muh overlong musical rambling about drugs

Orgies with art students and traps, grittier types of drug abuse and edgy fashions? The Beatles did all that in Hamburg.

Heroin is orgasm. Heroin is trip. Heroin is delirium. Heroin is catharsis. Heroin is art.

I also (and forever will) love Revolver as you, but damn... if you think avant-rock is overlong rambling shit you can't simply say the Beatles are the most reviolutionary band ever, because you don't know what are you talking about. I'm curious to know what do you think about free jazz lol.

Heroin is better than every Beatles song you pleb NIGGER

Are you really comparing Heroin to My Bonnie?

No, I'm saying that the Beatles had done all that art school shit at actual art school and then in Hamburg years before.

I wouldn't go down this route of comparing dates of recording because very quickly you're comparing Norwegian Wood to Lou Reed's advertising jingles.

Norwegian Wood is a See my friends (song by The Kinks) rip-off

Kinks invented punk rock

Velvet Underground invented alternative rock/sort of punk rock

The Band invented Americana

The Who invented opera rock

Dylan and the Byrds invented folk rock, and Dylan especially pioneered confessional/stream of consciousness songwriting in general

Precisely what genre or style of songwriting did the Beatles or the Stones ever invent?

>In ten years time some middle-class kids will mutter derivative versions of what I'm saying now over an amateurish dirge and people will think its revolutionary.

The Velvet Underground were only even vaguely innovative if you have no idea of 20th century artistic movements.

Dylan only pioneered the idea of tribute acts.
His legacy is people like Fake No More, Bjorn Again, The Bootleg Beatles and the Australian Pink Floyd.

And the Beach Boys were doing psychedelic rock before them, Sergeant Pepper's wouldn't have existed without Pet Sounds

lol, do people really think that the fucking Beach Boys were better than The Beatles? Americans will say anything to try to get on top. baka.

Pet Sounds wouldn't have existed without Rubber Soul

It's not, though. Guitar work is radically different, uses an actual situar, the bass is more interesting and the guitar more minimal.
Arguably folk rock, actually, while The Beatles pioneered psychodelic pop and baroque pop.

The Beatles invented Art Rock

Which wouldn't have existed without Dylan the Byrds, and the Who

THIS THREAD GAVE ME CANCER

The Who would've never broke the US if not for The Beatles

Can we at least agree in this thread that the Stones are shit and they're only considered revolutionary because OOOH DARK DANGEROUS ALTERNATIVE TO BEATLES even though they were preppy college kids who were always a step behind and the Beatles were actual Liverpool brawlers

Dylan and The Beatles were all fairly close, The Who and The Byrds were influenced by The Beatles as well. A Hard Day's Night had a pretty distinct move away from blues, for example.

Lmao at you, White Noise for example was light years ahead in experimentation with pop. Fuck off with your Beatles bullshit to reddit

Who considers the Stones revolutionary though?

But friend

Without beatles in America

Dylan no motivation

The influence on the Beatles by Dylan is pretty apparent (Lennon was jealous as shit of Subterranean Homesick Blues apparently) but the reverse doesn't really seem as true. Dylan's most acclaimed album was basically a return to blues when everyone else was trying to top one another with a new sound

Stones fans probably

The Beatles were pretty tough guys, surprisingly. Working class lads in Liverpool, spent years playing in Hamburg in the fucking Red Light District when the audience was about 50% drunk American sailors and members of the Navy, then two years later broke America with "I Want To Hold Your Hand". Fairly sure at the beginning they were in it for the money.

>Oh no I'm losing

Don’t forget jangle.

Dylan was a big fan of The Beatles, apparently he heard them on the radio back in 1963 and his jaw just dropped due to the chords sequences they were pulling.

Jangle pop is debatable - the inspiration certainly was there but what we know today as jangle pop is more akin to R.E.M's and The Smiths' sound.

cringe

I'm sure he was a fan, but I don't think it was a major influence on his work, at least not at first. He went electric for his own reasons

The Stones weren't really revolutionary, they just took stuff from others and took it to it's height

What tard thinks the Velvet Underground are Beatles clones, Lou Reed was on record as hating them

>somehow no one in this thread has mentioned that none of these acts would have existed without Chuck Berry

You lost in advance by liking Beatles

Saying someone took influence from someone else isn't a knock against their originality. All art, no matter how innovative, is influenced by other art and the '60s in particular were a big old orgy of musicians influencing each other because of how fast people put out music.

I feel that the influence they might have had on him was a bit more subtle, his move away from straight protest singer-songwriter to his far more abstract and borderline surreal lyrics with an emphasis on wordplay is probably a big overt aspect of that but it's just my interpretation of things.

The Beach Boys

This is fair enough to say, but there are still people in the world today who will be on the verge of punching you in the face if you don't acknowledge all music as being a spoke-hub model, with the Beatles being the only hub and everyone else being a tiny spoke. It's silly

There's a quote from Cale that he and Lou were amazed by Rubber Soul, especially Norwegian Wood.

Here's Brian Wilson on Sgt. Pepper.

Brian is basically egoless, so Paul or John's account of how they were influenced by the album would probably be more reliable

Both loved it, so there's that.

It's not a "meme".
Yes, the information is wildly inaccurate, but it's not a meme.

Everything is a meme, every thought since the beginning of time has become a meme, we are, in short, just repositories for various combinations of memes. Some memes survive, some memes die out

don't you understand the world yet

Lol, none of the above. Not even sort of.

You don't understand life!

t. 13 year old