What is the story behind your country's flag?

What is the story behind your country's flag?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nd2wixlJEYM
youtube.com/watch?v=vFDNoyja36g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

imitating france

imitating france

Freedom or Death.

imitating chink t*rks

>France

Put some fucking respek on our name

>The first association of the tricolour with republicanism is the orange-white-blue design of thePrince's Flag(Prinsenvlag, predecessor of the flagsof the NetherlandsandLuxembourg), used from 1579 byWilliam I of Orange-Nassauin theEighty Years' War, establishing the independence of theDutch Republicfrom theSpanish Empire.

Imitating the borbons (spaniard house, originally born in france)

so imitating france

>wow, those dutch faggots got some nice colors on their flag. These colors are mine now.

>establishing the independence of theDutch Republicfrom theSpanish Empire.

Red and white are our official colours given to us by King George V

A fucking leaf as been a symbol of Canada since at least the 1800s, although the original "Canadians" were French and later British settlers along the St. Lawrence River

youtube.com/watch?v=nd2wixlJEYM

Ok.
*Imitating the netherlands (a vassal state of france thus imitating france)

You're French

Better than Jesus in the red triangle.

We thought that we could be like the Dutch if we take their flag. Didn't work out well though.

The idea of a tricolour flag was invented in Russia by Vladimir the Great in the 10th century and was later stolen by filthy euros. Colours represent originality, uniqueness and ingenuity.

Some peasant had bloody diarrhea and he wiped his ass with a rag, thought it looks nice and here we are now.

It was inspired by the United Provinces of Central America flag, a flag that was unironically inspired by the flag from the whitest country in the world

>The flag was introduced to the area by Commodore Louis-Michel Aury inspired by the Argentine flag. The term United Provinces was also used in Argentina's first title Provincias Unidas del Río de la Plata ("United Provinces of the River Plate")(Plata actually means silver in context). Commodore Aury established the first independent republic in Old Providence Island (Isla de Providencia) in 1818, off the coast of Nicaragua.

The people of Aztlan, north of what is today Mexico, had to leave their homes by orders of their gods in search of the promised land. Aztecs, whose name means the people of Aztlan, began to emigrate in the 6th century. On orders of their god Huitzilopochtli (the Sun and War god) they had to abandon the place where they lived and start a pilgrimage to find a place where an eagle perched on a prickly pear cactus, devouring a snake. reached land where they would build the most powerful empire in Mesoamerica.

+

Imitating France

imitating Denmark

Sure thing. I didn't meant it to be something bad.

God let it fall from heaven during a battle fighting chinks in Estonia, and we won.

>three colors in rows
>idea
>invented
We also invented rectangles, everyone else stole that idea from us.

True. Now they all must pay for it.

>imitating France

It was chosen in a contest.

>We also invented rectangles
Yes, they were famously invented by Nicolai Teslov.

Cultural appropriation as is. I think we must go to a court for reparations.

>Spain flag could have been Austrian flag with a castle on it
Wew.

Some peasant had bloody diarrhea, let it into one hose then put on blue slippers, thought it looks nice and here we are now.

Ironically it was made to was made to differentiate our flag from the French one, cause they were confused in the sea.

Imitating France

Anyone else think Euro flags are mostly boring?

-was made

What is it with Eastern Europe and bloody diarrhea?

Most prominent are really good.

We don't have money for refrigerators and good food.

What are you doing in Russia?

The tricolour and tribands are shit. As too the Nordic crosses.

British East India Company flag + 50 stars for each of our states

I live here. And you? Russia is a country in Eastern Europe. If you aren't in that part of the world how come you have a Russian flag? Proxyfag?

imitating italy

They may seem shit because there are too many of them. Take only French for example and put it in a row with other types of flags. Looks nice.

>Proxyfag
Look who's talking

Fuck off Russia

>Russia is a country in Eastern Europe
is a thing that no Russian or European would ever write. Try better next time, your proxy is showing.

>Eastern Europe
You wish. Russia is Northern Asia, Europe ends to Russian borders in the East and Mediterranean to the south.

>76601779
Fuckf ovfs Russhia

Fuck off colony
Fuck off mongol from a former colony

>Northern Asia
That would be Finland. North-western Mongolia, to be precise.

Fuck off proxyshit

Interesting alternative facts you have here mongrel

>Russia is a special snowflake despite being the biggest country in Europe, having most it's population in Europe, speaking a European language, being mostly European Slavs and having it's capital and main cultural centers in Europe

5 White Dots inside the blue shields: The wounds where Jesus was crucified
5 Blue shields in a cross shape: 5 Moorish Kings defeated in the battle of Ourique(Seville, Badajoz, Elvas, Évora and Beja) - white field for Christianity
Red Trim: Some King's mother was Castilian before we started fighting each other and he wanted to honour his mother's country (plus it looked good so we kept it after the wars with Castille later on)
Yellow Castles: 7 castles conquered to the moors in Algarve (the number has changed throughout the years)
Yellow armilary sphere: the exploration/control of land in every continent (a symbol of the united kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarve, actually)
Red Field: bullshit. Supposed to be the "blood lost at war". Copied from the masonry flag when the (((republicans))) took control.
Green Field: bullshit. Supposed to be the "hope for a brighter future". Copied from the masonry flag when the (((republicans))) took control.

Blue/White field: Colours of the Portuguese people and crown. Present in our sidewalks, mosaic murals, our ancient connection to the Sea for fishing and exploring.

By our powers combined, we become strong.

He's a mental neet who spends most of his time shitposting about how Russia isn't Europe in every thread where it was mentioned, don't mind him.

symbol of konstantiniyye which was the ottoman capital
it lost some weight after we switched to the turkish republic though

Lol, he was finnish all along.

>In this episode of "Learning geography with Americans"

>Muscovite
>Finnish
How many layers of autism are you on right now?

It's such a simple, iconic design. It's definitely the best looking flag, and it wouldn't work with any other colour set or without simple details like the red saltire being slightly offset.

Interesting, given that the UK was never really known for aesthetic design.

HOL UP

*SMACKS LIPS*

SO YOU TELLIN ME

*COLLECTS WELFARE*

THAT THEY BE 13

*PUFFS ON WEED JOINT*

13 CRACKA COLONIES

*VOTES FOR HILLARY*

THEY BE FITTY STATES?

*GOES TO PRISON*

AN FITTY STARS???

*GETS SHANKED*

AND THAT According to custom and tradition, white signifies purity and innocence; red, hardiness and valor; and blue signifies vigilance, perseverance, and justice.SHEEEEET

*dies*

You wish, poorfag. Give you monies to Muscovites and be quiet, pleb.

it was cheaper just to add a blue line than to make entirely new flags once denmark freed us

Green is supposed to represent the House of Bragança(D. Pedro I) and the yellow, the house of Habsburg Lorraine (D. Maria Leopoldina). The Rhombus comes from some Bourbon designed flag.

so imitating france a bit

true m8 true

Brazil suffers from the Portuguese syndrome of leaving perfectly great flags behind for the sake of trying to be modern.

Your monarchy flag is pretty great. I'd just remove a couple details (the laurel crown, for example) and it'd be perfect.

>memeposting
Yeah, what else could you do? But the thing is, you know that almost everything in Russia outside of Moscow looks like shit while your picture is pure cherrypicking. If you had been to Moscow at least once in your life you'd have known that Asians aren't common in the streets.

In the final form (we use these colors for nearly 1000 years now) they pretty much come from the Lützowsches Freikorps, a volunteer devision of the Prussian army which used these colors in the wars against Napoleon.

They even have their own song
>youtube.com/watch?v=vFDNoyja36g

Yeah yeah, you've got photos from one day when they all get together in several streets, I got it.

you just have to look at the australian flag to learn where australia came from, best flag possible

I'm surprised you guys haven't voted to change your flag to be the exact same but with the British stamp on another corner.

FUCK UP CUNT

Some nice teeth cunts from a small island in an irrelevant corner of the world came then sent their supposedly shit people here to contain them but it turned out much better than that shitty tiny island in the corner of irrelevance THE END

Clothes of the Virgin Mary + the Sun of May/Inca Sun

Red=Britain
White=France

2 bars represent West and East coast, as per our National motto "From Sea to Sea"

Maple Leaf has been a symbol of Canada since the late 1800s

OOOOO CAAAANAAADDAAA

imitating texas

>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

russia was literally a khanate

>

Anyone want to swap their gf with me?

>Kievan Rus
>Khagante
too early to affirm that, my fellow amerilard

Underrated story

>50 stars stand for the 50 states
>13 stripes stand for the 13 orginal colonies
>White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice

they were gonna do a stripe for every nee state but then they realized that would not be fa

1. United Kingdom
2. South Korea
3. Kazakhstan
4. Mexico
5. Estonia

if you disagree with this list u might be gay lol

cool story

Christians came with crosses some thousand years ago and cleansed the barbarians out of us I guess.

imitating sweden, denmark, france and the anglos

we should just have used the old flag instead of trying to fit in with our neighbours

Cross flags are cool though, 'cus unique & iconic.

>unique

They aren't though

>we are about to announce our independence
>so now we have to decide what flag will we stand under!
>I say "Vytis" shouts a man in the tribunal
>Vytis? But its all red and shit and that's the color of the bolsheviks?!!?!
>the tribunal goes silent
>well for now temporary we can use this basic yellow,green and red flag we will FOR SURE change it in the future
and here we are, its actually what happened

it might be pretty and iconic, but not unique. the lion would be way better and it would actually have a history behind it

a copy of turkey flag

>lion
>in scandinavia
what did he mean by that?