What's the deal with this album? Sure, it's an epitome of early 2000s pop music...

What's the deal with this album? Sure, it's an epitome of early 2000s pop music, with most of its tracks dominating the charts during its year (one of which still subsisting in the UK), but was it really that good? Listening to it in retrospect, it sounds really cheesy to me. But, it still solicits an emotional response in me when I listen to it. Is that just a result of nostalgia?

I really fucking hate Mr Brightside

Whenever it comes on in some shitty club at 1am and all the white 'ladz' start chanting along like the goons they are I just fantasize about walking around hitting their drinks to the floor.

This is the only thing that's stopping me from fully enjoying it desu

Maybe deep down, that album has opened the chest inside your heart. For me, Smile Like You Mean It still makes me wonder about how much has changed since my childhood, and how I grew to be the person I became today.

I'VE GOT SOUL BUT I'M NOT A SOLDIER

The first five songs are great, it’s spotty after that. Under the Gun is great and should’ve been on the main version of the album.
Sam’s Town, on the other hand, only gets better and better as time goes on

SMILE LIKE YOU MEAN IT

One of the shittier lines ever to take as much place as it does desu

I agree with this user.

Hot Fuss is the most exemplary, prototypical ideal of a front loaded album.

Andy You're a Star, Midnight Show, On Top, and Change Your Mind are all great.

listen to Turn On the Bright Lights by Interpol

Agreed, Sam's Town has aged incredibly well. This River Is Wild is one of the best songs of the 00s.

>2004
>early 2000s

early-2000s: 2000 - 2199
mid-2000s: 2200 - 2699
late-2000s: 2700 - 2999

2004 seems p. early-2000s to me my man

you've really given me something to think about

Hot Fuss and Sam's Town are both 10/10 albums and if you can't admit that then you're in denial.

my nigga

This

This

God I fucking hate The Killers. Out of all the rock bands that got big in the 2000s why are they the ones with staying power?

they actually hold up pretty well

especially compared to a lot of those mid 2000s dance/alt bands