Look at the top grossing films of 2016 and tell me that film isn't dead

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2000
boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=1995
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It isn't
You just watch pleb garbage instead of actual film

Film isn't de

Jesus Christ The Mermaid is the best film on that list. I like Chow but that's sad.

Only one great film on that list.

_____BvS_____

Cinema audience are plebs, more news at 11

Refn, deliever us from Hollywood

>Batman V Superman not #1

Film is truly dead

>tfw waiting for The Modern Ocean to get released and wipe franchise filmmaking off the map and usher in new Hollywood 2.0

Refn and everything on the list are trash

That's a weird way to say tsunami/earthquake to decimate hollywood so we can start over again

Based WB putting up a fight agains the fucking Mouse

@76603206
Not even worth a proper reply or (you)

I'm watching the most-grossing movie of 2016 this night and there is nothing you can do about it

:^3

it'll have to get funding and start filming first

Rogue One hasn't even been released yet.

Star Wars will be on there soon. Can't bounce the mouse.

It got funding and knowing Carruth he's probably been filming in secret and it'll just show up at this sundance or the next one.

go ahead, waste your time

it's a pretty shit film tbqhwyf

Trying too hard: The Post.

That's gross

what is dead may never die and film died in the 80s

Fuck Mickey Mouse cancerous nigger rat.

>he doesn't realize that rogue one is on track for sub-$1b gross

How does it feel to be a box office pleb?

Top Gun did kill mainstream cinema.

So many DCucks tears

Seriously, are fucking any of these worth watching?

Refn is fucking trash you autist

Yes.

find them by yourself

Walt would be puking in his grave.
He would hate this shit.

You're either new to this or young as fuck. Cinema/kino doesn't make big bucks, popcorn flicks do. I mean come the fuck on. And if a kino did make the big bucks and become popular, you fucks would hate it and spend countless hours deriding it for being "normie trash". The amount of insular, self-delusional, hipster logic on all of Sup Forums is fucking hysterical.

It appears to be. But on the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen chinese films. Maybe they can save us.

nice fucking stock image MCUck

tyrone won't let you buy some to get the watermarks off?

>Almost $five billion worth of gross right there
>This doesn't yet inclue Moana just came out yesterday, Rogue One which is coming next month, and Doctor Strange is not done running yet

Is there any stopping Disney at this point?

It's a piece of shit so be my guest to punish yourself for being such plebelord

Deadpool
cloverfield
nice goys
semen daemon
jungle gook
arrival
wilderpeople

There are an unnatural amount of racial minorities on Sup Forums, possibly explaining why this board sucks so much. Can anyone imagine these subhuman mudpeople conversing intelligently about film? The self identified niggers on the board, OP, spike, bigbeast and prydon, have never been seen to do anything but shitpost. The spics, DemiLove, KOZ, MrMomsen, that Mexican tripfag and BefriendedStraightFemale, are the same. Even Kaiji is a gook. Of course the braindead subservient races incapable of creativity or rational thought are only capable of lust driven spam. This board would be so much better if it were whites only.

Keep crying DCuck

>The Nice Guys
>Hail, Ceasar!
>Arrival
>Midnight Special
>Swiss Army Man
>Everybody Wants Some!
>Kubo And The Two Strings
>Hell Or High Water
>Sing Street
>Hunt For The Wilderpeople
>The Handmaiden
>Moonlight
>Captain Fantastic
>Keanu (soft recommendation, not great but I see good potential for Key and Peele to make funny films in the future)
>Nocturnal Animals

La La Land is also on there but it's not even out yet.

zootopia was good at least

t. furry

The whitest board is Sup Forums so no, not really

Disney is cancer. George Lucas was right. They are jew slavers.

The Nice Guys
Hail, Caesar!
The Neon Demon
Arrival
Midnight Special
Don't Breathe
The Conjuring 2
Hell and High Water
Hush
Hacksaw Ridge
Elle

>Is there any stopping Disney at this point?
Nope. Couple of more decades now and we'll all be going to our respective disney-cola theatre, to see our disney-cola movie of the week, then go home to our disney-cola house to eat our disney-cola meal (containing all your daily nutrient needs), before we all go brush our teeth with our special disney-cola toothpaste and go to sleep in our disney-cola bed.

how come i've never seen this before

did you guys talk about me after i left

>marlel generic borefest quipshit #98359
>shit sequel of a decent child flick
>child flick
>shit remake of a great child flick
>shit child flick
>tryhard capeshit
>decent capeshit
>marlel generic borefest quipshit #98360
>haven't seen it

Why should I keep on living lads?

>tenth movie only grossed 550 mill
wow what a shit year for movies

10 Cloverfield Lane

He said white slavers.

Don't keep living family. The less DCucks the better.

>Finding Dori
HOW? Who the fuck went to watch that movie?

You shouldn't.

Kids, just the same as every other movie in that list. The more kid friendly it is the more it grosses.

Literally everyone.

It was sold out at my theater for four days advanced before I was able to go see it.

Film isn't dea.....

Jesus christ this is awful.

Disney and WB are both fucking cancer run by hacks.

Is Mel Gibson the only real filmmaker left?
What happend?.

>the mermaid on that list.
At least we have Based Stephen Chow representing.

Thanks boys, knowing that at least Sup Forums is full with disney shills makes me happy. I've always hated this place

>Suicide Squad
>Decent

You guys are hilarious.

>3DPD Jungle Book made almost a Billion dollars
How?

Fuck I was talking about Deadpool, Suicide Squad was awful

There were plenty of decent films to come out this year.

The problem is that out of all of them only like 3 or 4 were worth paying fucking 13 dollars a person to go see.

Hollywood is slowly killing anything creative and being pigeon-holed into making the most bland, safe bet shit it possibly can. Hence how Disney is at the top spot.

Disney has proven to be a safe bet thus it makes money. Make a bunch of stinkers? Yeah, surprise. Nobody wants to waste money to go see them until they're out for rental/streaming.

ITT idiots who think box office receipts are an indicator of quality

No idea. Civil War was also wholly forgettable. Even Disney is straying into the waters of being so safe and uncontroversial with their writing that I cannot even tell you what the plot of that movie was and I actually went to go see it.

Winter Soldier was far more memorable and it wasn't even that good of a movie.

Yeah I don't know how trash like BvS made so much money. Guess people still will pay to see Batman even though the movie is garbage.

I'm truly amazed by Civil War. I mean I know it's an Avengers movie so it was going to make money, especially with Spidey, but the movie in itself is absolute shit. It looks like shit, the plot is shit, the conflict is shit, the perfomances are at their all time worst. RDJ seems to don't give a fuck anymore, and the quips, don't get me started.

I understand it making money but people defending that piece of shit? I just can't believe it

Give one example in which the best film of the year was in the top 10 best grossing films.

10 Cloverfield Lane is pretty good as thrillers go the last 10 minutes kind of ruin it but it's easy enough to pretend it didn't happen

Deadpool is pretty nice and refreshing for a capeshit even if it is a little reddit with its humour, Don't Breathe and The Neon Demon are decent.

The Nice Guys sounds like it's worth checking out, I'm watching it later tonight. Nothing has had much of a wow-factor this year, I'm hoping Arrival will be the one for me, but I'm not too excited. Aside from that the only other movie I'm interested in is Nocturnal Animals.

So yeah it's a pretty fucking weak year, but there's at least some stuff to entertain yourself with.

>I can't remember the movie, therefore it was a bad movie

No, you just have a shitty memory.

>Film about two most iconic heroes lost to skirmish war, autisitc fish, furifest, CGI book and film about retarded animals
>Film with Joker, Harley and other bad guys lost to memepool
DCEU is definition of wasted potential

>I cannot even tell you what the plot of that movie was and I actually went to go see it.

I'm sorry user. Alzheimer's is a terrible thing for anyone to go through.

The Nice Guys
Hail Caesar
Swiss Army Man
Kubo
Captain Fantastic
La La Land

None of them are very good, but I think those are all worth a watch.

Hey they did put up a fight agains the Mouse propaganda machine. They are pulling a thermopyles at this point

Zootopia was legitimately great, man. I felt like I was back in my childhood self, watching The Lion King when it came out.

I mean plot point by plot point. No shit everyone fights. I just remember the fight at the airport, spiderman showing up, and AntMan getting big.

Oh wait, all that shit happened in the trailer. It was a wholly forgettable movie.

BvS made half of the profit during first weekend. What propaganda? People just realized that they were fooled by 10/10 trailers and spread the words of truth.

they are not only not very good, they are utter trash. I've rarely seen such utter dick sucking faggot taste.

>10/10 trailers

Come on son, also they went to see Suicide Squad by millions a few months later and that piece of shit had better legs than Civil War so that's that

People just like shit, so Disney wins. Simple as that

>Secret Life of Pets above BvS

I don't even usually go in for the manchild comic shitposting but lmfao

>ITT idiots who think box office receipts are an indicator of quality

I absolutely do not think that but is big problem when the top list is such shit.

Arent you at least worried that they use this money to make even more trash films?.

At least the only thing that i care is getting bombarded with marketing with capeshit and animated garbage, invading all of our spaces.

They are even using marketing in video games. thanks a lot rocket league.

>plebs act like Raiders of the Lost Ark is any better than your marvel schlock
It truly is entertaining watching middle schoolers make fun of grade schoolers

Yeah, it was a really enjoyable movie. One of the few this year.

What's your movie of the year?

Well, SS has the biggest pr-company of 2016. It did pretty bad with all that hype, because it's fucking worst capeshit of 2016. Most people have really shitty taste, I agree. But SS and BvS lost because it's even more shitty than all shit on the top.

The only reason Suicide Squad made money is because all advertisements and trailers featuring Batman the Joker and Harley. DC's most popular hero and villains.

That shitty Life of Pets movie made THAT much? Wow, that's genuinely depressing me.

boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2000

Yes, yes, we all know How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a classic but is What Women Want a modern pillar of Hollywood?

boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=1995

Hmm I do recall how truly amazing Batman Forever was, but every year has its flukes like yet another Die Hard sequel

Well, americucks have literally disgusting taste. You should bring worldwide

What Women Want is awesome. I need to watch that again sometime.

When I say "better legs" I mean the box office term, meaning the movies that keep on making money weeks after its release. BvS for instance had very bad legs because it was really front loaded. It's usually measured as a multiplier of the first weekend grossings. "Legs" in my post meant that people went to see it AFTER the hype was dead, after everyone knew that the Joker was in like 5 minutes and Batman almost nothing at all.

And it had better legs than Civil War. I will repeat: people like shit, so Disney wins. And they'll win next year and the following too

>Disney diversity pandering: the movie.

Come on now.

Disney would win anyway. Because their shit is not as bad as DCEU shit. Disney shit at least good for normies. DCEU is good only for edgy teens.

You seem to imply Suicide Squad was not shit.

All I saw was a bunch of animals, but you're welcomed to say it has diversity in it. Last time I check it mirrored actual life decently enough.

There was a time when top grossing movies weren't bad by default, but what would an underage b& like you know.

I LOVED Suicide Squad. Harley Quinn was so fucking awesome. Just like my gf, badass and oh so beautufil. The Joker was great too. I'm like the Joker irl, I don't care about rules. FUCK Batman and fuck rules. Fuck Amanda Waller, but not because she's a woman or black, because she's authority and I don't respect authority.

>the jungle book
Damn how much did it profit

Do you like watching your girlfriend get fucked by black Bulls too?

Stop watching blockbusters, there's plenty of great films

Not at all, Suicide Squad was really and I mean really bad, and it performed better than Civil War with the expectations considered (Avengers + Spider vs Harley Quinn fanservice). I was trying to prove you guys, my dear shills, that people enjoy feces in their silver screen and that those numbers in that chart mean nothing at all

Before DC shills (if they exist) jump at me, yes, Civil War and Doctor Strange were ALSO atrocious. I'm neutral in your memewar