When will they remake these for good? Twenty something years Id say. Maybe even less...

When will they remake these for good? Twenty something years Id say. Maybe even less. You could do something worthwhile and in the nature of the books with a good director.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ti5OaadrS9I
youtube.com/watch?v=52Kkr2vyXU8
youtube.com/watch?v=N4I7myAG_mY
youtube.com/watch?v=a_EHnWzJbYw
youtube.com/watch?v=ywZ5uo_3Y_A
youtube.com/watch?v=GCJALRvjljY
youtube.com/watch?v=sqjfq5gsfYk
youtube.com/watch?v=K3I8I_i8Syw
youtube.com/watch?v=_i3Ax4YJySg
youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do
youtube.com/watch?v=51oEk21ax5A
youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0
youtube.com/watch?v=T5y99rpk8to
youtube.com/watch?v=zmj25u5mVvg
youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs
youtube.com/watch?v=34CqtpYE-1k
youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g
youtube.com/watch?v=FcPOv8lmEi8
youtube.com/watch?v=dvwcjDrm0OY
youtube.com/watch?v=qTstBMkeAH8
youtube.com/watch?v=hhHvj3_si_o
youtube.com/watch?v=TrJJ6ncp1fc&t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=CvAXidAPTRM
youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc
youtube.com/watch?v=hDkvpZRZ_rE
youtube.com/watch?v=Om1OlQEMjz8
youtube.com/watch?v=sIhnYFRu4ao
youtube.com/watch?v=gkbVo8JZ_bU
youtube.com/watch?v=4FPkVl_aeOM
youtube.com/watch?v=eMWnDC__o4s
youtube.com/watch?v=6GA5AtPl5EY
youtube.com/watch?v=BKIgv8AhffA
youtube.com/watch?v=c24-0Amwyik
youtube.com/watch?v=FyzE9thQIPo
youtube.com/watch?v=dOnhBKPSuWA
youtube.com/watch?v=wgtMW38vsUs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It should be a TV series and Faramir shouldn't be a fucking twink.

Why did the jews who own hollywood greenlight this in the first place

Bumping for discussion

No one will ever remake them.
It's widely claimed as a brilliant masterpiece and there was many factors in the production of those movies that made them a huge success Factors that today you couldn't put them back together again.

It would be career suicide.

Lmao how old are you. Lmfao
>brilliant masterpiece
Of action flicks for tweens sure

Narnia needs a remake more than this, to be honest

For all the changes he made, PJ gave us the most faithful adaption you're ever going to get from a big hollywood movie.

The next remake will be horrific.

They should do a film adaptation of Shadow of Mordor instead desu

>It was only after Jackson's pet project - a remake of King Kong- stalled in pre-production that the director started thinking about Tolkien's tome, a book he had read only once, aged 18, after watching Ralph Bakshi's much-maligned animated version. After tracking the rights to Zaentz, Miramax and Jackson made a joint pitch to the veteran producer. As luck would have it, Zaentz did not take much convincing. "When you saw Heavenly Creatures, you knew he was director," Zaentz said later. "Even now you get goosebumps... Only because of him, I gave away the rights."

>In January 1997, Miramax, with typical fanfare, announced that they had secured the LOTR rights on behalf of Peter Jackson. And then... nothing. The production stalled for a year. Rumours were rife that Miramax's parent company, Disney, would not okay the budget. Jackson later admitted that Miramax had asked him to "abandon the idea of two films and compress it into one as their way of dealing with the budget". Jackson refused; there was simply too much story, too many characters for one film. The project looked destined for development hell.

>Re-enter Mark Ordesky. The '90s had been kind to both New Line and Ordesky. Austin Powers had given the company an appetite for non-horror franchises, while the recently released Boogie Nights had given the indie studio a taste of critical acclaim, Ordesky, meanwhile, had risen through the New Line ranks, reaching the position where he could comfortably bend the ear of chairman and CEO Robert Shayne. As soon as he heard about the hiccup at Miramax, Ordesky arranged for Jackson and partner/collaborator Fran Walsh to meet with Shayne. One 45-minute presentation later and Shayne, who turned out to be something of a Tolkien fan, had just one question for Jackson: "Why are you pitching two films if there were three books?".

I think the biggest problem with remaking these movies would be the art direction. It would be hard to make a movie that looked different, but still looked good.

More than you faggot.

whether you like it or not, it's one of the best movies ever.

eleven fucking oscars. suck it

Not that just.
>amazing soundtrack
>perfect casting
>people poured everything they had in their work
>amazing practical effects
How do you recreate this?

What is there to do in a remake? You told the story of the books, more or less. You got an A list cast, huge budget, quality SFX, a good director with total control and a smaller studio that was willing to push chips in and not compromise the story for the most part.

I don't even like LOTR and even I think there's any reason to remake LOTR. What you might want to ask is why more epic fantasy stories don't make it to the big screen. Considering that LOTR and Hobbit trilogies both made mountains of cash, you'd think more than just "WarCraft" would get adapted to motion picture.

>amazing soundtrack
>perfect casting

this. you can't just whip that shit out of thin air, the casting alone was pure fucking luck

fuck that, remake the hobbit.

And New Zealand locations too.

they'll never remake it. to do it right, they'd need to devote like 3-4 years to writing and research like Jackson's crew did. modern hollywood does not like doing that.

>the writing was good

They would make everything CGI and it would suck balls.

LOTR set the bar too high. That's why that if a fantasy movie gets compared to LOTR, it turns out to be disappointing.

It's literally shocking to look back and see how great it was.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ti5OaadrS9I

youtube.com/watch?v=52Kkr2vyXU8

youtube.com/watch?v=N4I7myAG_mY

youtube.com/watch?v=a_EHnWzJbYw

youtube.com/watch?v=ywZ5uo_3Y_A

youtube.com/watch?v=GCJALRvjljY

youtube.com/watch?v=sqjfq5gsfYk

- - - - - -

youtube.com/watch?v=K3I8I_i8Syw

youtube.com/watch?v=_i3Ax4YJySg

youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do

youtube.com/watch?v=51oEk21ax5A

youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0

- - - - - -

youtube.com/watch?v=T5y99rpk8to

youtube.com/watch?v=zmj25u5mVvg

youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs

youtube.com/watch?v=34CqtpYE-1k

youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g

youtube.com/watch?v=FcPOv8lmEi8

youtube.com/watch?v=dvwcjDrm0OY

youtube.com/watch?v=qTstBMkeAH8

this
Hobbit could have been brilliant if it had the same level of work and dedication that LOTR had.
I'm still mad.

You don't. You can't.

>council of elrond
>ring goes south
>death of gandalf
>lothlorien departure
>boromir death
>breaking of fellowship

>the three hunters
>shadowfax galloping towards gandalf
>arwen's fate and rivendell leaving
>"where is the horse and the rider
>forth eorlingas
>tales that really mattered

>arwen's vision
>narsil reforge
>gandalf rides to minas tirith
>lighting of the beacons
>edge of the night
>rohirrim charge
>theoden's death
>gandalf speech to pippin
>aragorn's speech
>aragorn's coronation
>grey havens
>elanor

Perfect

Hopefully soon

>oscars
Go back

yeah i missed a few great ones.

stick them in and we have something great

youtube.com/watch?v=hhHvj3_si_o

youtube.com/watch?v=TrJJ6ncp1fc&t=7s

youtube.com/watch?v=CvAXidAPTRM

youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc

- - - - - -

youtube.com/watch?v=hDkvpZRZ_rE

- - - - - -

youtube.com/watch?v=Om1OlQEMjz8

youtube.com/watch?v=sIhnYFRu4ao

youtube.com/watch?v=gkbVo8JZ_bU

youtube.com/watch?v=4FPkVl_aeOM

youtube.com/watch?v=eMWnDC__o4s

youtube.com/watch?v=6GA5AtPl5EY

>i can't do this sam.

>i know.

and still they fight on. that's why they're the greatest of friends.

No one will b remake them, because you can't half ass it. This means that you'd have to dedicate all your energy into it, have the actors and production staff do so, etc. All this to make a film that will most likely pale in comparison to the Jackson films + will definitely make a lot less. No studio would take the risk

Yes they should make the movie more diverse,

>I will see a lord of the plebs remake in my lifetime complete with black aragorn and a DIVERSE cast of elves and gondorians

also i want to say i really liked eowyn but i hated her scenes with aragorn, i think because it was a dead end romance since i knew the story. Her scenes with her brother and uncle were great. I wish she had been more of an ice queen, more solitary and remote like she was in the books.

Yeah......It'll never fucking happen. Regardless of whether anyone like the movies or not, it not only reached but surpassed the milestone it was trying to reach. It took wayy too much time, money, creative expertise and man hours to make each movie. The result was not only the movies being a box office success but even the fucking books got a re-release and outsold any new book for years and lets not forget the countless other things it spawned (games, toys etc) which were all hits and of course 11 fucking oscars (even though we may see them as irrelevant they still do matter to the wider public).

On top of that with the Hobbit movies bombing and there being no other Tolkien material to adapt (unless his family dig up something from his work), there no scope for new movies.

Imagine being the director tasked to remake the trilogy AND have the expectation riding on you to surpass that milestone. Its fucking scary and impossible and no one would take that responsibility.

Sony is remaking it.

>checkd

Pretty much this. Also need to add that the remakes will never make nearly as much at the box office either.

I don't think they'll be remade

youtube.com/watch?v=BKIgv8AhffA

youtube.com/watch?v=c24-0Amwyik

youtube.com/watch?v=FyzE9thQIPo

youtube.com/watch?v=dOnhBKPSuWA

youtube.com/watch?v=wgtMW38vsUs

i hope they won't. but if they are remade it doesn't matter. we'll always have these films.

The wraiths were really shitty fighters or?

Lets not forget the fact that the actors who played the characters are also a main factor. Like I cant imagine anyone else being Aragorn other than Viggo or anyone else playing Legolas other than Orlando Bloom. They have been cemented in history as the LOTR dream team.

they're afraid of fire

When Aragorn and the Hobbits are on Weathertop, just after seeing the Nazgul below them and prior to inflicting Frodo's knife wound, Aragorn says the following:

Sauron can put fire to his evil uses, as he can all things, but these Riders do not love it, and fear those who wield it. Fire is our friend in the wilderness.

>Rosie Cotton dancin', she had ribbons in her hair. If ever i was to marry someone it would've been 'er. It would've been 'er.

>you grew up thinking the lotr films and 90s Disney were the standard in quality and that the popularity of lotr would bring in a renaissance of amazing fantasy trilogies

tears start flowing out of my eyes everytime

>tfw you find out that Viggo was gonna turn down the part but his kid fucking loved LOTR and begged him to do it

Goddamn.

Also,
>watching extended extras for Two Towers
>the extras for the Urak Hai at helms deep were mostly maori
>the chanting/spear tromping on ground/etc was completely improv haka style

Little things like that man. Honestly watching the Extended Versions behind the scenes stuff is just as heartfelt and epic as the movies themselves.

How do you guys feel about The Hobbit movies?

Hobbit 1 was alright. The other two were 5/10 CGI cashgrab explosionfests thanks to studio dickings and peter being a little bitch.