40 years old

>40 years old
>is yet to be surpassed by any TV show
Have you watched it yet Sup Forums?

it sucked

based sun god

I saw it recently, at first it was difficult to watch with the shitty sets but then it paid off

Absolute pleb

While cinema is in a obvious decline, and has been for 20-30 years, tv has only gotten better. I don't think anything has surpassed I, Claudius, but it's only a matter of time. The mini series War and Peace, along with The Young Pope have shown that telekino can still be produced.

WATCH IT CLAU-CLAU

what show is this? googled I clavdivs and got nothing

Is it worth watching if I know nothing of roman history?
Is before or after Caesar crashed the republic with no survivors?

How can someone be THIS plebeian.

Right after, it's the history of the first family of Emperors. FUcked up lads to be honest

>Is it worth watching if I know nothing of roman history?
Yes. It may make you more interested in roman history than anything.
>Is before or after Caesar crashed the republic with no survivors?
After. It starts off well into the reign of Augustus. It actually works pretty well watching it as a sequel to HBO's Rome

yes

I wanted to watch this for the longest time.

It's after Julius Ceasar, during Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula and Claudius reigns, mostly from the point of view of Claudius.

Chronologically speaking it would be decades after HBO's Rome ending, so you might want to watch that before if it's in your backlog.

Caligula reign episodes > Augustus Reign episodes > Tiberius reign episodes > Claudius reign episodes
They're all GOAT though

>you will never take part in a whore off between the champion of the guild of prostitutes and the biggest slut in rome

>muh Livia is evil
>muh let's restore the senate
It's shit

>muh god emperor

Only patricians allowed in this thread

This was pretty gruesome for 1976 BBC

Blu ray never

Could they even convert it to HD?

It's actually a great intro to Roman history. Just know that Augustus beat Marc Antony at a place called Actium after Julius Caesar died and civil war had broken out. He was helped by his friend Marcus Aggrippa. That's all you need to know for the first episode, and honestly, you don't even really need to know that. It's a good show.