Is he any good?

Is he any good?

Only that album, his others are pretty hit or miss
>inb4 some p4k pleb says Salad Days or This Old Dog is better

salad days is better ^

Its okay but for some reason he triggers Sup Forums a lot and i have no idea why

Why would someone be triggered by this guy? He isn't a lot more than a hipster smoking his ass off

It's because he used to be a small-time artist that Sup Forums generally liked but he became popular and now everyone hates him

Arcade Fire syndrome basically

Yeah I'd even say he's great.

objectively good

The music isn't awful, I just can't get past the persona or the fans

rock n roll nightclub is my fave

Salad Days is literally 2 but with better songwriting

Care to elaborate?

Not at all, 2 actually has some diversity but all of salad days sounds the same

The fans think they're hot shit listening to him and his persona seems contrived

Im a fan. Fuck you

What are the fans actually like though? I only recently discovered mac and I love his music because it makes me feel happy. I'd imagine a fan of him would be a laid-back, carefree kinda guy like me

Salad Days or This Old Dog is better

>What are the fans actually like though?

Generally? Young

I really like Salad Days. Didn't like This Old Dog and I've never listened to 2.

You should give TOD some more listens. It didn't really stick on me until the 6th or so listen.

Arcade Fire sold out hard though. Mac still hasn't gotten to that level yet.

Specially on their last POS album.

this old dog is better

Passing Out Pieces is the only song on Salad Days that approaches the best songs on 2, plus it has skippable tracks like Let Get Go and Let My Baby Stay. 2 is clearly superior

Nah basically since The Suburbs they've been phoning it in, Reflector was them stating the obvious to anyone who didnt get it yet

i like his music

No he isn't.

One of my favorite artists. Never understood the hate he gets on Sup Forums

Haven't seen much hate, although I can see where the "contrived persona" criticism comes from.

how about you listen to the music

His fans best described as college alt-boys that obsess over weed and think they are true patricians for listening to mark demacro

why don't you listen to it and decide for yourself you fucking drone

salad days is betta

because he went famous and got a cancer fanbase

I love Mac

Yes, some people on Sup Forums just hate on him because they are contrarians who dislike the fanbase and his popularity.

>his "persona" is nothing but him being kind of always relaxed / kind to people who interview him

fuck I can stand that, opposed to some other people in the music business.