Post the last 5 things you rated from rym

Post the last 5 things you rated from rym

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7zjYu1rsxTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Finished my Korn's marathon. Retaking the Bowie's one

Favorite Korn album? Also, thoughts on the Path of Totality? It's my guilty pleasure from them.

Either S/T or Follow The Leader. I like almost all of their albums, surprisingly. The Path Of Totality is technically my least favorite Korn album, even if the singles are great (specially Narcissistic Cannibal) but I would probably take it over Korn III, which was a just a snooze fest.

Bowie's title tracks always stood out in some way or other

would they kick you out if you were a street musician but still had functioning eyes? do you think any of them poked their own eyes out to be a member?

based af
i cant even
good bowie choices

The Blind Streets Musicians of Cusco is one of the most patrician things I've ever heard.

I always liked Biosphere's stuff when listen to Echoes of Blue Mars

>tfw
I'm actually depressed and hardly listen to music anymore

I need to listen to more new music

>Bad
>5

good swans ratings

>tfw RYM only recommends you old indie/alternative rock because of last 100
Is there a way for this to stop. I'm sick of bein recommended the Pixies, they are okay.

pretty sure you can actually dismiss recs, and the recs for last 100 and overall are different

>dismiss recs
That feels like cheating though, I mean I guess Bossanova had a few good tracks so the rec isn't completely unjustified

Adding on to that, can you get recommendatioms based on your entire library if you sub?

2.5=i liked

sup

Raukes and Heldon, yey

Howdy

Red Medicine is underrated
No bully Swans pls
Harsh

I feel like a lot of people in here post their scores just to show people the obscure music they listened to and to say that they didn't even liked it that much... Nothing wrong with that btw
Also, unironically phoneposting lol

>I feel like a lot of people in here post their scores just to show people the obscure music they listened to and to say that they didn't even liked it that much
nobody does that
some people listen to stuff you don't know about, you should deal with it and stop being so insecure

so what, is 2.5 like the highest score you give?epic
nice bowie ratings, never listened to korn though

>so what, is 2.5 like the highest score you give?
no, i just have more range in scores for the albums i like

obscurity is relative

I hardly know any of the stuff posted here

hey

RYM auto recs are kinda shit tbqh
what's your favorite Bowie album so far

bumpo

Ziggy Stardust, Hunky Dory, Station To Station or Aladdin Sane. Can't believe how consistent and how different every album is with each other.
Here are my ratings for the other albums.

I've listened to a lot of stuff I've really liked recently. Still gotta rate After Laughter and Passed Me By, but they'll both probably get high ones (like at least 7s)

We have similar bowie ratings. I'd give Hunky Dory and Station to Station 10/10 though

Interesting. Pass me your RYM

pleb

ok
>Surfer Rosa
>3 Stars
End your life.
>R.A.P Music
>4 Stars
Good boy

>Zulfaqar Askarian is better musician than Bjork
Damn.......
Do you idiots even think or have any conscious activated while listen music?
Also you even rated 4 albums in a day, you probably didnt even listen to all before rated it

@76623184
top b8

being this new

or

this meme is awful

Yeah I don't listen to music, I just want creed on rate your music

@76623324
either of those interpretations coming from a guy using the reddit spacing meme is rich

Same on the Bjork album. Shes got much better
>pilots and bo
Yikes
The diamond and station scores are perfect

Hello boys

are you implying 4 albums is a lot for 1 day

>CAS

so disappointing after the EP
Agree on Substrata, kinda overrated
>Alvvays and RHP that low

You’re fucking nuts

Sorry to hear that man. Do you take meds? Also that Ariel record took forever to grow on me but ya it’s pretty damn good
I don’t know what people see in that Tragically hip album
Im a huge albini fan but he FUCKED surfer rosa
>LYSF 1 star

Sheesh. Why do you rate so low
Hhmm that Armagedon record looks cool
Good taste. Fugazi is great at their most noise rocky

Death and 8ball are so fucking good. Timmy turners way better than panda but shitvi wouldn’t go calling it any good
Solid ranks for TBK and HILY. I never got into PHM tho. Just seems like a lesser and less interesting version of his good shit

Pixies are fucking trash

Honestly this is the closest I've ever been to unironically say you're objectively wrong.

>21 pilots higher than Daft Punk
dude

good taste desu, how meme is that hip hop/black metal album?

what's the best converge album?
nj correctly rating welcome to hell

Don't know why I never bothered to listen to Alive 2007 until now.

Glad I did.
I agree on Loveless. It's alright but still hasn't grabbed me over time.
Only really like Only Shallow honestly.
Not a fan of TBK personally.
It's not bad, but it's not as good as the Seer in my opinon.
Same score I gave homogenic I believe.
Don't really get the hype over it.
Haven't bothered to give her new album a listen yet because nothing I've heard from her has wow'd me.
Seconding those WO and OK scores.
>Tame Impala
>4.5 stars
Currents is among my favorites so I approve of some love.

I need to listen to more Boris, have only heard Flood and it was great. Honestly not nearly as meme As I expected. It definitely doesn’t take itself seriously, but the dudes have talent. There’s a Mort Garson sounding Ambient song too that sounds awesome

I don’t know man I should like Glow and some stuff on it is perfect but there’s so many tracks i just don’t give a fuck about. I think mount eeries better. Also Seer >>> TBK any day

Ya Without warning sucked first listen but it’s growing on me. Every converge album is dooe pretty much and I dig me some Tjader
>best converge album

Why Jane Doe of course, then You Fail Me, then Axe To Fall, then Petition The Sky, then the new album

I can see why you would think that.
Nothing really floored me but there was a lot of beautiful moments to it all the same. Which sounds odd considering the score but normally for me there's at least a track or two that stands out and in this case, the entire album is solid for my tastes.
I have a feeling it could grow on me over time though.tends to happen with albums I like alot musically when I first hear them.
As I learn the lyrics more and find my own depth to them and stuff.
And the lyircs on this seem ripe for that sort of relistening.

Haven't heard mount eerie yet though.
What would you say the biggest difference is between the two?

Ya it’s certainly that kind of album. Its dense as hell and over an hour long lol. Mount eerie is way more about atmosphere than songwriting, and more progressive and immersive. Less folky

How does Calling Out of Context compare to World of Echo? I found Another Thought a little disappointing

David Bowie is not that good

I prefer Sexy Pee Story-style Cows

All those need to be lowered in rating by at least a full star (some of them more)

Throbbing Gristle >>>>>>>>> Boris

decent ratings
good boris ratings though i think Pink is a 10
great ratings
good ratings
great ratings
disagree with Filth and M3LL155X, both are 9's tbqh
yeah pretty accurate
very nice
i honestly thought Moenai Hai was a 9/10 but yeah pretty good

Drukqs is Aphex’s best easily and Sound of Silver is so 3.5, way overrated. Good rates

>Blind Street Musicians
peruANO here, luv u

>Honestly this is the closest I've ever been to unironically say you're objectively wrong.
>3.0 to Loveless

I haven't rated something above 3 stars in a long time. Feels good.

desu

>Bum Tickley that low
HOW DARE YOU

ill just say that i really enjoy currents. i just find these b sides terrible

Too high I know, I just really like Only Shallow

Ya, that Sean Price album is pretty damn good. Probably his second best. You’re sleeping on Peasant though, that shit is incredible. How many times have you heard it?
I’ve heard albums from all of these artists and none of them are the albums you’ve posted lol
Jackson Frank is wayy too low. That album’s gold
>2 stars Echo
>3 stars ANY Unwound album

I almost just had a fucking hesrt attack
That Ulver album is dope, their best imo. Enema is way too high tho

Calling out is pretty much just as good as World of echo, both are solid albums pretty much are on pare with each other

Idc who you are but you're a wanker for those ratings

How are you even rating multiple albums a day? Do you even listen to them properly?

I listened to them on different days I just put up rating for them On December 1st

stupid people need to stop pretending music is that complex and that I can't knock out my impressions and opinions on a album in a day

Sorry I thought shitty utopia sucked my dick but ultimately it's alright. all the arca produced tracks are dull and most of her album is dull besides the a few stand out tracks, but most of it blends together. All her new music is from the help of people that work in one style when her best work is when she covers are wider range of sounds. This is were she stands out and this is how she makes her best music.

some albums are easy to rate

I’m too much of a brainlet to rate albums on a scale of 1-10. There are simply things I like and things I don’t.

Just listen to it a time or two, give it a day or two, come back to it then rate it. It really just depends on the album. Obviously a 3 hour album is gonna take some time but you can listen to a 30 minute pop album once and gather most of your thoughts as long as you actively listen
Converge is waayyy too low my man

>You’re sleeping on Peasant though, that shit is incredible. How many times have you heard it?
I've only heard it twice so far
There is something really off putting about the guitar on it imo, the playing it great but it sounds like the strings are so de-tuned that they're barely hanging onto the guitar.

Yeah, so actually that’s Richard’s like only guitar he plays. He dropped it years ago and it took on a completely new sound, and he liked how it sounded after dropping it so he just uses it. I think it makes the record sound really unique and DIY, like someone back hundreds of years ago who was really good at this homemade string instrument he jerry rigged up hahah. Maybe give it another listen but it’s certainly not the album for everyone. The lyrics are also a grower and you kinda have to figure out exactly what he’s saying on the more esoteric tracks. I had to look up what the hell shit like a “smithy” is

rym fags should be executed

I just use it to keep track of records I've liked.

You should be executed.

youtube.com/watch?v=7zjYu1rsxTE

Lol I love how he puts the cig back in his ear after posing
Why do some people here hate the site so much? It’s literally just a tool for cataloging what you listen to

He's straight edge, american badass can't brake edge

Clearing out my 2017 queue tbqh.

I wanna get into Joel's music just don't like that kind of metal.

I fucking hate the internet. Suddenly everyone became a critic. A music critic a film critic you name it.

Fuck off rym fags that collect music albums as if they were pokemon cards.

got any rare albums for trade?

no but I have a shiny TMR

the "killyourself" album. 5/5

No, fuck you for thinking there should be any barrier to voicing your opinion. Obviously there are a lot of shitty opinions and reviews on RYM, but it's a great resource for cataloguing tons of recorded material, much of which would get far less exposure without it.

You don't even understand what you're whining about. If you hate the internet so much, then turn off your fucking computer.

>t. butthurt internet music critic
cagaloguing is one thing. Rating is another. Do you even read vro?

I use RYM to catalogue, but I do that by rating. Granted, because that's my goal, my ratings are disproportionately high, and I only rate things I want to remember. But it seems like you're more upset that people would dare downrate things they don't like, which is silly.

Keep whining, tho

>suddenly everyone’s a music critic

What’s the difference between us and music critics? Christgau’s a bumbling moron that is terrible with inaccessible music anyway, for example. Anyone has a right to voice their opinions on music and who are you to say they don’t? I never understand this bullshit way of thinking, as if art isn’t meant to provoke thought, opinion, feelings, and discussion. Why is that such a bad thing to you?