Am I the only one who refuses to watch films that aren't in English?

Am I the only one who refuses to watch films that aren't in English?

Am I missing out on anything?

>Am I the only one who refuses to watch films that aren't in English?
>Am I missing out on anything?

Probably some chromosomes

Eh, since my first language isn't english, I have to read even hollywood film with subtitles, and yes, you're missing stuff like City of God, YiYi, Close-Up, Céline and Julie Go Boating and there is nothing like that in Hollywood.

pwnd

fpbp

Kino.

quite frankly I don't think a life has been lived until you enjoy Traumschiff Surprise – Periode 1.

the American way of shutting its eyes to the world baffles me, but it is your life to live.

I don't either. I only watch Spanish movies since I can speak it and I'm learning it.
You won't get the full experience without being near fluent anyway.

I certainly prefer not reading subtitles, but you're missing out. A lot of great non-anglophone movies out there, of every genre

Probably.

Thread should have ended here

>Americans are too slow to read subtitles

Explains a lot desu

>the American way of shutting its eyes to the world baffles me
You're an idiot. Americans are the most traveled nationality in the world despite being the most isolated.
The reason the rest of the world watches American media isn't because they care about American culture it's because the majority of media in the world comes from America.

not him but I like watching movies when I drink, and subtitles can definitely be annoying after I've had a few

When you grow up reading subtitles because most movies and shows are foreign you don't even notice when you read subtitles. You do it unconsciously. I can be drunk out of my mind and still quickly understand subtitles, even English subtitles.

Top quality shade right there.

>You're gonna miss some good movies!
who cares

without being near fluent you aren't experiencing the movie the way it was meant to be experienced. translations arent accurate and you lose a lot of emotional intonation through subtitles. this is fact.

foreign films is just something autists like to circle jerk over

Interesting

As an American I grew up watching American films almost exclusively. Didn't even think about subtitles until I went through my teenage anime phase. I still watch non-English movies from time to time but I need my wits about me or I'll get lost

Thats like listening to music with lyrics that are in a different language. It still sounds good you fucking faggot

>without being near fluent you aren't experiencing the movie the way it was meant to be experienced.
>this is what dumb americucks actually believe

Kill yourself

And yet I'm still being entertained and am glad to experience good movies I hadn't seen before. If you don't watch foreign films just because something is lost in translation, you're the fucking autist

what a horrible analogy

unless its kino, it's true.

So if you're not american youre screwed? that sounds right

>cousin and me get to talking about movies
>not many recent ones he liked
>ask him if he liked Sicario
>"Oh yeah that movie was fucking good."
>think about recommending him Incendies
>"Do you mind subtitles?"
>"Yeah I definitely mind. Hate em. Quickest way to make me drop a movie."

But why

if you're not a fluent english speaker, yea

>tfw too intelligent to get this joke

I had one friend who insisted on only watching the American remake of Old Boy after I constantly told him to watch the Korean one.

It must be that some people are slow readers so they end up watching the bottom quarter of the screen for most of the movie

Films about gooks, brown people and smelly Europeans, so no. Anglo cinema is best cinema.

Quality.

Yea that's definitely it. It's not that subtitles completely remove you from intended experience of the movie.

You're missing the best parts of the greatest movie of all time

ITT:
>anyone who doesn't enjoy what I enjoy is obviously not as intelligent as I am

Get over yourselves

>most americans don't have a passport
>thinks domestic travel counts as seeing the world

you can't make this shit up, but please try to wake up amerifriend

>saving a thumbnail

Being the third most populous country and by far the richest has something to do with that. You don't see Chinese factory workers taking a one-week summer vacay to Puerto Rico

I talk some italian and i can assure you De Niro travelling to sicily to learn it is a bull. He mostly mumbles his lines alongside with english. There's a scene where he's talking supposedly on italian to Clemenza and Tessio about killing Fanucchi where he just says *mumble* ill fix everything *mumble*

Used to wonder the same about hollywood kinos since american is my second language.

Wasn't missing out a lot

City of God, one of the best films in the last 20 years or so. Your loss.

The Seven Samurai is one of the best movies ever made. Everyone should see it.

Seven Samurais is fucking top notch. Seriously.

thread ended

everyone go home, thread is over

D U H S T R O I D E

Holy fuck, why didnt you delete the thread OP?

couple of Godzilla movies and this one Spanish horror flick with a faceless dude

Lol.

>overdose of autism looks like this

>visual medium
>spend it reading

i mean, i'll watch them and enjoy them occasionally, but a good non-subtitled movie is a better experience than a great subtitled movie

I must be an autist like you, I don't know how you can enjoy the film when your eyes are always on the subtitles

for all the retards quoting this down syndrome is indicated by an EXTRA chromosome. hes saying that people who watch foreign films are retarded, NOT op.

>he can't read and watch the scenes at the same time
>missing a fucking frame of the scene significantly affects the quality of the experience
Is this board that full of handicapped people?

Just watched ip man for the first time today. YEAH ur Fookin missing oot big time m8

Australian here. How exactly are you the most isolated?

This, fucking this. Came to post
All the failed biology cretins slap yourself

>Americans are the most traveled nationality in the world
Yeah, if you count domestic travel you doofus. You aren't seeing anything but another shade of burger.