Star Wars Episode 9 could be the franchises final saga film

nme.com/news/film/star-wars-9-last-episode-standalone-films-1872777

>Speaking toEntertainment Weekly, the franchise’s producer and head of Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, speculated that the franchise could only release standalone films in the future.

>“That’s a conversation going on right now,too,” she said. “I have to honestly tell you, could we [do nothing but standalones]? Sure.But I don’t know.We are looking at all of that.”

How would Sup Forums feel if we got pure anthology movies after Ep9?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uVd7fiaFbE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't care.

George always wanted 3 trilogies, 9 episodes. At least they're respecting his vision there.

I would rather we have no more movies at all

Episode III is star wars final film.

Finally. Fuck the Skywalker family. Here's hoping Kylo doesn't knock up Rey, thus killing the Skywalker lineage.

Bullshit.

Also, don't care.

This nigga gets it.

Also, the ongoing subplot of only people with Force powers really mattering is annoying.

>no no there will only be three films
>no no there will only be six films
>no no there will only be nine films
>no no there will only be mine films plus countless spinoffs

Fuck off. The Almighty Jewish dollar guarantees that Disney will shit out one new Star Wars film a year at the VERY least.

I don't know if I like this or not.
On one hand I want the full 12 episodes that Lucas envisioned.
On the other hand this means they won't drive the franchise into the ground.
Is it to much to ask for a final trilogy in 2030?

>Opening up the thread just to let everyone know how little you care about it

Imagine being this autistic

nu Star Wars is Marvel capeshit.
There will be at least one new flick a year till Disney goes bankrupt.

the sagas are supposed to be generational. also kennedy is racist towards whites or some shit so it might be better if they wait for her to retire

if they did do a X-XI-XII, I would want it to be far away either in the future or the past

Yeah, but then we will have the Old Republic saga, and then perhaps a Legacy saga, and also a heads up to the Legends as a Legends saga. Like an alternate Universe, Marvel style.

But you know what we will never have? An Empire movie.

No he didn't he wanted 12 like the Flash Gordon serials

RotS was the last Star Wars film

kek yeah right they will dig it up 50 years later and torture me once again

Isn't that Rogue One?

lmao whatever they do they're gonna milk it for all it's worth until star wars is dead

Didn't never 'always' wanted fucking anything. People need to stop saying this. He changed his mind all the god damn time. It was supposed to 12, and 9 and 5 and 3 and 6 and 9 and it kept jumping around. He wanted whole movies focused on wookies and whole movies focused on droids and eventually realized there would be no narrative there. Though he allowed the cartoon Droids and since Ewoks were midget wookies 2 ewok specials.

Disney payed way too much to drop the franchise after a few movies. They will milk it for as longer as it makes them money.

No, I mean a movie from the perspective of the Empire. Not the era. You know, not necessarily portrayed as good guys, but a bit more... Human and relatable. But nope, they must be space nazi janissaries.

TFA made the whole saga meaningless. 8 and 9 are going to need to be very very original for me to give a damn about Star Wars again.

But at least it makes sense for Disney to make six episodes and then reboot.
Six Lucas episodes.
Six Disney episodes.
The OT and the ST are too simalar we need a dramatically different trilogy to cap off the series.

This tbqh

That's a fucked up manface. Is that a man? Weird hunched shoulders.

But they're not relatable. The Fist Galactic Empire didn't build roads or schools or provide medicine to the frontier. There was an Imperial Garrison on Tatooine and yet they let Jabba the Hutt operate freely and would utilize unsavory bounty hunters at their whim.

Face it, there's nothing good or relatable to be had about the Empire. Not even the "Sheev was preparing the galaxy for the Yuzzan Vong" meme.

Lol
>1/10 would not bang

They have no idea what they have yet. How people will react to rogue one and han solo and episode 8 and so on. Don't let disney fool you, they are very careful how they market franchises, characters and all of their products. Pixar had a nightmare when they were making Brave because Disney oversaw a lot of it. As she was going to be part of their princess line and her marketability was important. They have blanket and umbrella terms and test things at different levels. Holding numbered episode star wars to a higher regard and leaving them be and not wanting to do those movies without original cast and music and all the elements they feel defines a "star wars episode 10".

I mean... I bet they do episode 10 by 2029 though.

I already have a feeling 8 and 9 will go in a completely rediculous direction. As someone who reads the books and shit, which the film makers DO consider canon, the first order is practically nonexistant now that starkiller is destroyed. They can't exactly function the way the empire could after losing the death star. That means there is a good chance we will see no more stormtroopers in 8. From the way the knights of Ren are being hyped up, I would expect a Ren army to be the next huge antagonist faction.

Also that scene where starkiller blows up like 5 planets, that's a HUGE deal. Those were all planets that were 200 percent important to the new republic. Now that they are destroyed, the main form of galactic government is nonexistant.

I am curious to see where they take these movies because 7 ended in a way they could not possibly be more original trilogy circlejerking

lol

Sounds good. The episodes should be spaced apart. There should be at least 10 years between the third trilogy and the fourth.

>kennedy is racist towards whites

hi stormfag

Not even following a poor young stormtrooper recruit because he had no other prospects? Could be interesting to see the moral dilemmas, like being a regular German in the 40s

I don't know if the first order is exactly out of the game. Yeah they lost a major battle station but that doesn't mean they will be gone. Maybe if the resistance wins in 8 they will be gone.

Hi mouseketeer

I just hope JJ the Jetplane learned his lesson from Into Darkness. Because holy SHIT that movie was horrendous.

So basically we now have a governmentless galaxy

Bump

This is what always gets me.

>Finally defeat the evil empire
>Leave a galaxy sized power vacuum
>The empire, or even worse, just fills back in

smdm tbph famalam

Honestly the only realistic scenario desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=uVd7fiaFbE8

if this doesn't get you hyped for rogue one you're honestly a miserable cunt

If it's true, they need to do an Old Republic trilogy next. They have no excuse.

>do nothing but standalones
>Continuity is hard, guys! Even after stripping everything else (EU) we can't even manage our own shit!
captcha: hotel new hope

>strong white woman and her alliance of aliens and nonwhites defeat the evil white patriarchy part 2

no thanks baka desu senpai

>strong white woman
I'm straight so this is great
>aliens
What aliens?
>nonwhites
I'm not a racist so this is fine

Episode 7 was a fanfic

well you should have no problem with this communist propaganda flick user

It's a fucking action spectacle you loser. Bet if you weren't too pussy to leave your house you'd be excited to see it in IMAX like the rest of us.

That will be when I completely stop watching Star Wars movies altogether anyway, so I really couldn't care less.

>just turn your brain off, bro

What a retard

So, what exactly was the point of trying to make Star Wars into a "cinematic universe"?

Without a core series to tie everything together, what purpose will any of this serve?

>what purpose will any of this serve?

Young Yoda will probably be a trilogy, after that I'm sure they will find a way to make more trilogies to milk more money.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rogue One ends up being the first part of a trilogy.

Ugh, whatever... everyone wants kotor anyway

Im ok with that.

>whole movies focused on wookies
with no subtitles

This does bother me, because I was hoping for a trilogy where a reformed Kylo has adventures and trains an apprentice. Of course, that would need things to play out with him being redeemed, but I think that's the way they are going.

I also think this will change real fast if Rogue One doesn't beat TFAs numbers, and if I'm reading things right it doesn't have a hope in hell. It will be a commercial success, but nothing groundbreaking. Using just my family as a biased test case in favor of SW it doesn't look good. I am the only one that is even going to see it in the cinema in a family that has made a tradition of seeing them all. The trailers have turned them off, and they are waiting for Ep8.

>He wanted whole movies focused on wookies
Actual Kinematique.

Just drop the "Episode XYZ" and you're good to go.

Or go the capeshit route with different movies for various characters and then a big team-up movie event

>his does bother me, because I was hoping for a trilogy where a reformed Kylo has adventures and trains an apprentice.
The Witcher: Kylo movie series would give me a big fucking boner. Also keep Luke alive and running a new order.

No fucking way anyone is gonna pay for 3 Yoda movies

I am starting to get tired of OT era. It want new stories not related to yet another sith etc

>The trailers have turned them off
What don't they like?

Lack of the original cast, and Vader isn't enough to change their minds, but this is a minor thing. More the tone, lack of interesting looking characters, not really caring about the hunt for the Death Star Plans, and just generally finding the trailers mediocre.

Being honest they echoed a lot of my own concern, but I'll see it anyway because I love Star Wars as a whole, and at least there will be pretty effects. I might get an Empire boner due to this being the height of their dominance.

Fuck, yes. I would watch the shit out of it.

All that aside, I think Driver has a good chance of sticking around. Even killing Han hasn't stopped him from getting a hell of a fanbase, and coming 2nd in most favorite character polls. Disney aren't ones for throwing away a meal ticket.

I just want an ancient story.
It's sad when a video game studio produced the best piece of Star Wars content last year(??).

>lack of interesting looking characters,
It really seems like a fucking parody that's how awful the main character is. Most cliche looking shit ever. There's a lot to hate regarding TFA but at least its trailers were intriguing.

TFA does have flaws, and I'm admit that as someone who really liked it. But it did have good characters, and the choice to keep the OT cast in the background might have been for the best. Poe is fun and likable, and they haven't even done anything with him yet. If you overlook some shitty choices, like having him leave the FO as a coward and then be blasting his comrades literally minutes later, Finn is more interesting than I originally expected. Rey has boobs, little ones to be sure, but they exist and thus her existence is validated. But Kylo is something special, and I'm genuinely looking forwards to see where they take him.

Rogue One? Fuck, Jynn might get some decent R34 of her, but the rest of the cast is a blur of diversity. Hispanic Kyle Katarn is so mild mannered he blends into the fucking scenery. Blind monk doesn't interest me. Neither does Clone Wars cameo black guy with the missing leg. Clearly doomed rebel guy is clearly doomed. I only really care about Vader and the Tarkin cameo, and I can get that from Rebels.

It's sad when the fanfic is better that the 3 last real one...

That's not the case with TFA tho.

Hey Tumblr

Well 7 is clearly better than 1 and 2. For 3, it's debatable

At this point I'm really wondering what they'll do in star Wars 8 and 9.
I mean they already blew up an entire system and blew up the new death star.
Now what?
The new empire got their ultimate weapon blown up like it's nothing
Disney isn't getting away with building a 4th death (r-right?)
The only thing they have left is a decent pool of light saber users with Mary Sue, Luke, Snoke, the emokid and his friends from the knights of Ren.

who cares, disney sucks balls

BS it will never happen.
They only remote chance of stop making new Episodes is if the standalone movies make significantly more money and sell more toys and shit.

you forgot the Ewoks cartoon

Doesn't it look AMAZING?

They need to KILL Snoke, silly!

If they decided to can the trilogy and not even make episodes 8 and 9, then I wouldn't give two fucks.

I'm done with Star Wars.

If you're really so triggered then why don't you step outside and scream at clouds?

9 films of skywalkers destroying death stars should be quite enough

YOU JUST KNOW

probably for the best

I'd much rather have a few completely different movie with Star Wars budgets that aren't beholden to the franchise beyond a few easter eggs here and there, than 4 or 5 trilogies of the same story being told again and again

They aren't suggesting dropping the franchise. If anything, it sounds like they want it to be a lot bigger than the main saga itself

You're confusing boredom with anger.

Learn the difference dumbass.

What the fuck was pic related all about? Why was it cut?

GET YE GONE

Anyone else notice that after Plinket's last review discussing how the Star Wars saga will continue even after everyone living today is already dead, Disney is now reconsidering discontinuing the saga after episode 9?
Just saying...

Are those troopers korean?

they're really cool looking

Uneasy since it would make the jedi/sith stuff take a backseat.

Frankly that's how it should have been from the start. I don't like there being a third trilogy but I'd love to see more standalone films. If the books are any indication there's plenty of potential for that.

Imagine if they did movie versions of the X-Wing books.

>Is it to much to ask for a final trilogy in 2030?

Daisy Ridley returning at 60 years old? No thank you

>Isn't that Rogue One?
Why does that movie have to exist? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Fuck off. The Almighty Jewish dollar guarantees that Disney will shit out one new Star Wars film a year at the VERY least.

Of course.

But they won't be connected to the Skywalker-Solo family saga. They won't be called Star Wars Episode ? anymore.

Did you even read it before replying, you FUCKING orangutan?