> good world building

Things I didn't like

> bad sfx
> tonal clashes
> Grindewald gives himself up at the end for no reason
> unnecessary sub-plots about religious nuts and Jon Voight

>Good performances
Stopped reading there

I didn't like how much of a mumbling sperg the main character was. Nigger needed subtitles

>bad sfx
I don't know what you're on about but they were fine.

Legit question: Was he an autist? He was at least on the spectrum right?

Whether or not it was in the script or dictated by the director, that's how he was played by the actor.

Just saw it tonight and I liked it, but my biggest complaint is that the B plot, catching the fantastic beasts, took 80% of the runtime, while the A plot, the Grindelwald/obscuris plot, only got about 20%. The two plots were also disconnected, so the whole thing felt kind of messy and disjointed.

Of course not. Try talking to someone who's actually on the spectrum and then come back. He's just kind of awkward and introverted.

Not op, but the sfx were mostly fine, at a couple places they were however horrendous.

Basically the same as the first few Harry Potter-books where the real plot with Voldemost almost never happened. I think they are doing it with a purpose though. The beast-stuff will probably be important in later movies. They could go to africa and spray grindewald with some of that fancy oil and watch him be fucked to death by giant magic rhinos.

The point was that he's shy around people but talks openly and enthusiastically around his animals.

>good world building

dropped right there. learn how to appreciate good stories

I enjoyed it. I'm glad it wasn't slobbering all over the HP franchises dick. It felt like it could stand on it's own. I wish there was a little more "whimsy" when it came to the setting, 1920's NY looked boring as fuck. Also wished the whole obscuria plot was the main and creatures were a side plot like OP stated. Also wished they picked someone else to play Grindelwald.

Yep.

How are you guys so fucking stupid that you don't understand this?

>fat comedy relief man

He was one of the keys to the movies success.

Someone for the wizards to explain shit to, so we know what the fuck is going on.

This move was an 8/10 for me. Pretty good.

I really liked it. In fact i'd rank it as the 2nd best HP film after DH2 (fuck off cuaron fags)

But I disliked a few things:

>that main actor has a ridiculously oversized jaw which results in a very mumbled/incoherent manner of speech
>the title is completely misleading seeing how the titular fantastic beasts are caught less than halfway throughout the movie. The plots feel disjointed.
>also noticed some plotholes like the bank guy never getting neuralized, modesty actuallt having an obscure fuck and the photographer's cameras all keeping the pictures of the magical barriers

Btw op grindewald was surrounded by at least 30 aurors and the best magicians ofthe time, thats certainly a reason to give up

>mayne actor
Dick-sucking lips make it really hard to talk. You would know.

I thought at first it was Eddie redmayne-ing out but if you read the screenplay JKR designed a specific way for him to walk/talk/act etc.

He sort of shuffles instead of walks and slouches a lot, hates making eye contact with people and talking to them in general. hates socializing. only seems interested in talking to animals. hates when people contradict previous rules and thinks a lot of rules are ridiculous to begin with. again, only likes talking about animals. and that's pretty much why he only becomes interesting when he gets in the newtcase.

I think she definitely meant for him to be on the spectrum.

Was grindewald supposed to have killed graves? Or was he graves all along? How did he managed to change his appearance without a multijuice potion?

It is extremely common for aspergers to develop an obsession and in 99% of the cases they love telling people all about it

Its implied that he killed Graves during one of the raids described in the intro and he just took his place. As for the potion thing idk

Yes hence i fucking agreed with you. I just can't believe people on Sup Forums are so stupid that they don't understand any protagonist who's not a quipping machine

Things I liked:

>American wizards have the death penalty and are led by a black woman

Things I didnt like:

>Everything else