You can learn/can be taught how to sing!

>You can learn/can be taught how to sing!

You can, from a young age.

The single dumbest post I've ever read on Sup Forums

Have your (you), you pathetic excuse of a human being.

A girl I went to college with "couldn't sing" and is now a singer in operas here in New York. So?

So she could sing

define "could"

past tense of can

Idiot

>

pic unrelated i guess

name 1 good singer that was taught by someone else how to sing

I don't think anybody can learn to sing any style.
Everybody probability has at least one style they could get good at.

DOLT

Plácido Domingo.

Luciano Pavarotti
Andrea Bocelli

literally who, all of them.

>tfw the best i can do is a grungey punk rock kind of controlled yelling
i'm trying to learn guitar so that when i sing and play at the same time i don't get as much shit for being mediocre at either bc im doing both instead of focusing solely on one

Logan Paul

so you're retarded?

>b-but they have a combined total of 300 youtube views!

you're not born knowing how to sing any more than you're born knowing how to speak English or do calculus

these are all things you learn; barring some physical defect you should be able to do it at least competently with practice

>not knowing Bocelli and Pavarotti
Fucking hell

And there we go, the bait signal. Look, I know you're baiting, but for whoever is reading and is actually interested, you'll find that most great opera singers were taught by someone else, which is why their voices have such fantastic projection.

no they're all literally famous

i guess if you consider selling out a 50 seat theater full of granpdas is "famous"

then why don't they have more views on youtube?

A single Pavarotti video has 39 million of views. He's literally the symbol of opera singers. Just admit you are 12 years old and fuck off

Bocelli is the solo foreign artist that has sold the best in Canada, the dude's still holds the record for "most albums sold by an Italian artist" since 1997, and it went No. 1 in multiple countries, including the USA.

>39 million
>out of 7.5 billion

wow so %.005 of the world's population have heard his most famous song, wow!

Andrea Bocelli has sold out Quicken Loans Arena tonight.

>opera ''''''''''''''''''''''singers''''''''''''''''''''''''

wow good meme

no-one who does proper singing was taught. you seriously think the likes of kurt cobain, david bowie and steven morrissey had lessons to sound how they do? take a hike you fuckin plebs

not like there's anything else to do in cleveland lmao

On YouTube. Internet access is available to 3 billion right now. You're also forgetting people who actually go to operas, and the many many recordings that were made on television. Let me flip the question on its head - who do you consider a great singer?

there are litterally videos with billions of views, what's your point?

Chris Cornell

$355 for floor seats
$75 for nosebleeds

Right, right. One, how is opera not proper singing, two, if we're going that way, Cedric Bixler-Zavala has had singing lessons.

Do you think they didn't practice? Your autism is deafening.

>practicing = being taught

>what's your point?
that you're obviously retarded as fuck, incapable of reason on any level and not worth talking to

>I'm dense as fucking osmium

you're obviously retarded as fuck and not worth talking to

Phil Elverum

Most great singers are still being taught, the learning doesn't stop.
Most have some sort of vocal coach on tour with them

ITT: What vocal type/range are you?

>Lyric Tenor
>F2-F5-D6

how so? you said that these no names were famous because of how many views they get on youtube, but actual famous people get billions, or at the very least hundreds of millions of views on their videos. It's fine if you like some hipster indie shit, but don't go around pretending that these people are superstars

(You)

they're still household names and you're a total pleb if you don't know who they are

baritone
D2-B4-A5
my falsetto isn't really good, but with practice I've improved my range considerably and found that I don't really have to use it

in that sense almost anyone "can sing"

>i suck at singing and i am bitter and i refuse to practice
okay lad

>Countertenor
>B2-F4-G5
Honestly, being a countertenor isn't nearly as bad as it seems, but it's not fantastic at all.

>be girl
>can't sing
>whisper into microphone
>pass it through a fuzz pedal
>call it dream pop
>thousands of fans

I'm sure there's some combination of distortion and deep throating the mic that works for male vocals too

>male version
Try every soundcloud rapper
chorus+reverb+light delay+light distortion =sound like a black guy

what's my vocal range if I can go from B1 to B5?

You mean type? It kind of depends; do you go up to B5 using falsetto?

Playboi carti - s/t

Yeah that's what I meant. My falsetto starts at about D5

Well I'm sure they're famous in their respective circles/countries, but as an American I can tell you they are not household names

You took the bait. If a person is so musically ignorant they don't know who pavarotti is, they're not worth arguing with.

posting on Sup Forums to begin with is taking the bait

would you say grandmaster flash is famous? how about Marylin Manson? Smashing Pumpkins? Wu-Tang Clan? Paul Wall? ect.

all under 100m views on youtube

I was and you're being silly too, do you really think opera singers are common household names?? In these parts, household names are Drake, Beyoncé, Eminem, the list goes on even for baby boomers with Steven Tyler, David Bowie, Janis Joplin

How could these opera singers be household names when Thom fucking Yorke and Bjork aren't even known off the top of most citizens heads?

A1-C5

Well, if you can go to C5 in chest voice, then that might make you a tenor. But what about the lower end of your voice? Is it a vocal fry? And what's your tessitura (comfortable singing range)?

All of those people are more famous than opera singers in the United States, you just proved my point ()

Not like Dave Mustaine is a great singer by himself, but he's fine for the genre. You have to find the niche of your voice

Bocelli gets around the same view counts as Bowie, a little lower but not much. He gets more than Janis Joplin

You said that popular acts have more than 100M views on youtube. I provided examples of popular acts that do not have more than 100M views on youtube.

You're mistaking relevancy for notoriety.

All of the acts I listed are very well known, they just haven't been relevant since the internet was a thing. The same thing applies to Pavarotti.

There was a time when Pavarotti was hot shit and just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The Beatles only have one video over 100mill, they are "literally who's" I guess

I'm not the user who autistically used YouTube views as an indicator of popularity, I just joined the convo to put in my opinion

I was just saying that when it comes to the masses, nobody knows opera singers, only pop acts

Guys, just stop feeding him.

Pavarotti, who died in 2007 did songs with
-Elton John
-Mariah Carey
-U2
-Eric Clapton
-Sting
among many many many others popstars.
But since you don't know shit about him let's pretend he was irrelevant

for the most part, yes.

Back in the day, Pavarotti was a major crossover star though.

This is possibly the most retarded bait thread I've ever seen and there's some tough competition for that title.

Op here, are you talking to me?
Because it seems as if you're talking to another poster. Just a heads up new friend, you have to quote a post number in order to respond to the correct poster, have fun channing! :)

>Really? I have to?
Because I'm easily not doing it right now

Pavarotti was exceptionally good at marketing himself. He sang during the 2006 Winter Olympics, and as part of the Three Tenors won a grammy for an album that was certified at triple platinum. Their second televised appearance was watched by 1.3 billion people. To argue that opera singers aren't famous is to argue in bad faith.

>He sang during the 2006 Winter Olympics, and as part of the Three Tenors won a grammy for an album that was certified at triple platinum. Their second televised appearance was watched by 1.3 billion people
and yet no-one's heard of him :( all that effort for nothing.

>he hasnt heard of pavarotti

He died a very rich man, so I wouldn't say it was all for nothing, user.

lost in his own maze of an argument.
> great singers don't get lessons

>They aren't more famous than Emenim so they aren't great singers

I've never heard of this Pavarotti chick either, maybe she should've sung some real music instead of corny fake-ass shit like opera.

>tfw voice isn't low enough to be a bass voice
>tfw voice isn't high enough to be baritone

end my suffering

Eminem fame is the bar for a great singing voice. Anyone less popular than him is not a great singer.

Umm, think again sweetie

It takes talent, but it is also a skill. For some people. Others are just gifted as hell.

if you have a shit voice you can get better or you can find some very left of field style that works with your music but you will never have a pristine top 40 voice if you cant sing from the get go

this is not debatable

>complaining about being a bass-baritone
plenty of opera roles for that fach, user

sad post t b h hoping the best for you user

All you got to do is find your range and practice. I couldn't sing for shit because I thought my range was low, but when I found out it was actually higher and I practiced I got sort of decent at it.

The Beatles had some fucking awful timbre.

Fucking kek

David Byrne.

What exactly does the "D2-B4-A5" terminology mean?

>tfw only able to do the Pere Ubu style

chest/head voice from D2 to B4, falsetto to A4, i.e. 3.5 octaves total, it's not hard to figure out