Legitimately great

Legitimately great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mDsAs5dxuiA
youtube.com/watch?v=feHZDLSHkPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also, better than the Next Gen movies by a country mile.

>OP claims first response to his own very thread

I thought of something else to say. Fuck it.

It was decent.
too bad they fucked up the first two so bad that no one was willing to give it a chance.

most movies are.

I really liked it but god damn did the credits rile my autism. The credits are supposed to be a recap of all the different flavors of music shown, normally rearranged just a tad as well. It is consistently one of the things I look forward to most and it was replaced for fucking pop bullshit.
Beyond > 2009 > Into Darkness.

Speaking of soundtracks, no matter what you think of 2009 or Into Darkness, they had a great OST.
youtube.com/watch?v=mDsAs5dxuiA
youtube.com/watch?v=feHZDLSHkPM

Micheal Giacchino is a god, no matter what he does.

He's 50% of the reason anyone gave a shit about Star Trek '09 at all. Without his score underlining the elder Kirk's sacrifice, I really don't think the movie would have anywhere near the emotional impact it wanted

The beginning and ending were good... Krall could have been much better and ultimately the wacky inconsistency of the movie, as well as no real stakes after the Enterprise death and predictable action scenes bog it down to a 5/10

First Contact > TWoK > 2009 > Into Darkness > Beyond

^rated as movies, not Star Trek movies

>Three Star Trek 09 movies
>Three uses of Beastie Boys songs
>ZERO uses of Intergalactic

ONE JOB

And it was shit too
Congratulations

It's certainly the best of the Nu-Trek movies, I'll give you that much - I tried watching the other two again, I just can't get over the laughably retarded writing of the first movie and the second was just a piss-poor rehash of WoK.

They don't travel between galaxies, though.

>>Three uses of Beastie Boys songs

I know it was in the first and third, what was the second use of Beastie Boys?

is this the one where they were fighting in the clear ventilation in the end

its hard not to think of that drama as contrived, a core implementation of teleportation technology would be instant mobilization and deployment of elite armed guards

but in star trek, the bridge officers do everything

Nah, they can't use that song. It has the line "like a pince from the neck of Mr. Spock" in it. It's better to assume that while Beastie Boys exist in ST canon, that song or that specific line does not.

all the more reason to use it.

what the fuck excuse was that?

>line plays during the movie
>Bones looks at Spock quizzically
>"It would seem my older self has affected the timeline in ways even he could not predict."

>shitty story
>shitty action
>boring bad guy
>muh motorcycle
>muh beastie boys
It was literally the worst star trek movie of all time, even worse than nemesis.

All that is true, but that alien chick was pretty hot, though.

Fuck sake that would have been awesome

best part of the movie desu

I think this was documented in the episode of Futurama where Spock travels back to the 20th century and meets the Beastie Boys.

Yup.

The first half was great. Exploration, star ships, just the right amount of action.
On the planet if felt like a high budget episode. The end was a bit over the top imo and the villain kind of sucked.
Still one of the best star trek movies.

Each of the three worst than the last. This one just being less offensive than ID

are you fucking serious?
it's the worst star trek ever! the cartoon had to do more with science fiction that this shit.
If you remotely liked star trek beyond, you're the cancer pleb that's spreading rapidly and you need to be removed at once!
fucking plebs I hate you

but Simon Pegg wrote it so it must be good

Simon Pegg sucks. He turned his character into Poochy.

>ZERO uses of Intergalactic

wouldn't make sense because Star Trek is INTRAgalactic

>that throwback to classic rock and using it to derail the enemy

They really did fucking rip off Guardians of the Galaxy.

They used one in Into Darkness for the scene where Kirk is playing with the nice cat ladies.

This, and GotG was absolute dogshit so the copy won't come off better

>Simon Pegg writes it
>his character has way more of a spotlight than others

Pretty terrible fanfic shit desu

Was there a dance off?

Worst of the 3

Yeah, the opening scenes from 2009 are really fucking powerful.

The transition to Beastie Boys right after, though, was jarring.

Movie was fucking shit

>when will the make 'the whole film greenscreen meme' die?

Some of those scenes on the planet look pretty on location though, really curious now to see how much of it was green screen