Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GYaoKHGP0dc
youtu.be/p8oVkQzmu70?t=177
tso.ca/sites/default/files/dec-123.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no blacks

bretty good casting

Everything except that one bad CGI moment where lego takes down an Oliphant

Based on a good book, big budget, good cast, made before PC culture became too mainstream.

Only counted as one

Isn't that a bad thing?

Pretty much this
It had a great score also

Planning, more than anything.

MY PLANS FOR AN IMPREGNABLE MOUNTAIN FORTRESS

1. I will not build a solid stone ramp right the way up to my main gate. This would render pointless my going to all the trouble of building a castle on the side of a mountain.

2. I will dig a ditch in front of the fortress, so that my enemies will have a tough time advancing.

3. I will invest in this new "moat" technology, as I have great faith in it.

4. I will put crenellations on top of my battlements, so that my archers have somewhere to hide while loading their bows.

5. I will put a bannister rail along the back of my battlements, so that I do not suffer many needless casualties from men falling off the wall.

6. I will install a drawbridge. I am convinced that this will help.

7. I will make my sally-port more substantial than a simple wooden door, and will locate it where it leads somewhere useful, rather than straight onto an isolated ledge.

8. Should I sally out from my fortress, I will take care not to start a charge while still inside a room in my keep, especially if I am on horseback. This will avoid sudden embarrassing congestion in the doorway.

9. I will place the mouthpiece of my signalling horn at a height convenient for a human blower, and not a dwarf.

10. Should my fortress be attacked, I will not defend it by putting my two best men alone on the outside amongst the mass of the enemy.

(1/2)

11. When I order my archers to draw bows, I will not wait for ages before giving the order to loose, because that would tire their arms out needlessly.

12. When I do give the order to loose, I will shout "loose", perhaps "release", or even "shoot". I will not shout "fire" as this will just confuse the men who are not armed with firearms.

13. I will build a curtain wall, and I will place it somewhere where it actually defends something useful, like the main keep. I will not place it off to one side of the keep, where it defends nothing more than a little muddy cul-de-sac. My enemies cannot be relied upon to waste their men attacking a useless structure.

14. I will make my main gate very strong, because there is a chance that my enemies might try hitting it with something like a battering ram. I will do this long in advance of a siege, and not leave it to the last possible minute.

15. Behind my main gate, I will place a port-cullis. This will make it very hard for enemies to enter.

16. Behind my port cullis, I will build many arrow slits either side of the path through the bastion, so that any enemies getting past the port cullis will be shot at from both sides.

17. In the floor of the bastion tower, I will put many murder holes, so that rocks and boiling water can be poured down onto anyone who gets past the port cullis.

18. I will place a second port cullis, and perhaps a second gate at the back of the bastion, so that any enemies who get through the first port cullis will be trapped in the bastion, while falling prey to 16, and 17 (above).

19. I will pick a location for my fortress that cannot be cut off easily. A poor location would be at the head of a very steep-sided narrow valley.

20. I will place my fortress where the enemy cannot climb up and rain rocks down on top of it from the mountain above.

Lloyd 5th March 2003

(2/2)

Only if you're a swede

And the troll in FotR
Aged horribley

This
+ Producers wanted to make a good movie rather than to earn as much money as possible (like they did with the hobbit movies.)

nah, troll wasnt that bad, compare it to the troll in the harry potter movie

ottisem

>mfw i just bought the entire special extended edition on 12 dvds for 5 euros
This is gonna be the best fucking winter ever. I finally get to see allll the bonus material

Last movies before political correct hellworld we live now

Seeing FOTR with a live orchestra next week.

this

Manifest Destiny
Western Civilization is victorious
Battle of Hastings - alternate result
Teutonic fantasy done right
Only the very best women vs. feminist agenda in movies now
No damn kids

There will never be another like it.

I thought there were orcs in the movie.

What the fuck that's still a thing? You have no idea how jelly I am right now.

what about that CGI moment where he mounts the horse?

enjoyable read

>dvds

I don't care, I wouldn't see the difference on my projector anyway. Not to mention my lack of bluray drive.

Just watched this
youtube.com/watch?v=GYaoKHGP0dc
Kinda ruins the movies a bit.

Let's just say all the obvious close-up CGI. The clay-like texture and lighting of that era doesn't hold up.

I learned something today

Poorly developed new characters in Two Towers
Overpowered green blob of shit in RotK
Awkward hobbit orgy

All unforgiveable flaws

i just read the first few pages of the simarillion and its autistic as fuck

i think what went right was weaponized autism

No black characters

You already know the answer

It was made before the-sjw took the media. Similar to comics or videogames.

>No damn kids

Very, very important indeed. Kids ruins everything.

No pushed political agendas in the movie

fellowship was good

Peter Jackson and the rest of the crew involved in this movie seemed to really care about the project. Watch any of the bonus features on the blu rays and you will see how much effort and detail they put into it.

[nothing]
>everything

I saw it last year, absolutely incredible. There was a 100+ person chorus as well.

Dude where. Man that sounds awesome

>No Kids

What about the ones that escape the westfold?
It's only one scene but still.
youtu.be/p8oVkQzmu70?t=177

Toronto - Roy Thompson Hall.

All 3 days sold out.

Sounds awesome. Do you know if you're getting the theatrical or extended cut?

God damn user I'm jealous af
How did you find out about it? I found one in the states but it's in Seattle...

>All these underages

When you grow a little, you'll see it just as you see The Hobbit now

LOTR films - particularly the Fellowship - defecates on the abortions known as the Hobbit. I would legitimately put Neverending Story and Conan over the Hobbit.

>also
>stop being a turbopleb faggot

I'm not sure but most likely theatrical. Maybe the chapters can answer the question.

tso.ca/sites/default/files/dec-123.pdf

I don't remember now, I got the tickets months ago. My friend saw Gladiator at the same place and I think I just saw a poster downtown.

>stop being a turbopleb faggot

You need to be at least 18 to post here

Oh actually is says the running time is 3h20m so maybe it is extended.

>uh uh uh uh u hurt my feelings u must be underage

You, right now.

Fuck! Where you asshole, i didn't even know this was a thing

>tso.ca/sites/default/files/dec-123.pdf

This is a cool thing. Loads of information about the music and the setting. Thanks for sharing.

>what went so perfectly RIGHT?
It was probably the endless Le Olden Tymes Fancy Wizarde Phrases that we injected into every corner of the films that make it so AUTHENTIC and REALISTIC.

But seriously, the dialogue was just abominable. Seriously embarrassing to see another human being acting like that.

Not to mention the entire aim of the book was cut out of the movies. The movies are just soulless brainless LOL PREMIUM ORIGINAL WIZARDS AND MAGIC AND FANTASY FUN.

If you are an adult and you still think this stuff is good you are an ape.

Winter is coming

ok, now give me a banana

>I'm autistic and you should be too

>oh shit some one made a valid criticism of a retarded TV show that I base my identity on
>they are autistic
>not me

>TV show

Is that "Swedes are all cucks" meme a big thing outside of Sup Forums? I thought it was just a thing there. I don't get out often.

>TV show
???????

>feminist agenda
Still, if launched today, all of you manchildren would whine about Eowyn being a bullshit feminist character pusging an "agenda".
Bunch of idiots.

Idiot.

Your speech stinks of retardation.

It is only a mockery of the true retardation that infests the minds of those like you. You recognized your own.

Happy for you, man, except...
>DVDs
>not Blu-rays
Why?