What did we think of this kino?

What did we think of this kino?

Aside from the painfully bad music video segments it was fucking great imo.

cuck kino

It's called netorare in Japan and it's a lot more common

>moon runes
Take your Reddit language and fuck off

They don't have the weird racial fetish shit going on though.

>Reddit language
wut

You can find doujins with hilariously drawn black dudes fucking men's wives.
But hentai doesn't limit it to just B L A C K E D-style stuff like the west does.

there's entire sub-genres of dude's moms getting rekt by cocks, then there's older sisters, little sisters, attractive cousins, daughters, childhood friends, etc.

How is there any cuckoldry in this at all?

Is it really a thing wanting to live in tokyo in japan? Or is this propaganda paid for by tokyo city? I can't imagine a more comfy life than that of mitsuha's.

>Is it really a thing wanting to live in new york in USA?
>Is it really a thing wanting to live in berlin in Germany?
>Is it really a thing wanting to live in London in the UK?
>Is it really a thing wanting to live in Amsterdam in Netherlands?
>Is it really a thing wanting to live in Paris in France?

the majority of american films paint NYC as a shit hole.

I don't watch europoor flicks.

Go back to Sup Forums

City fever is pretty common in America in small towns. Don't see why Japan is any different.

She lived a hour or so train ride away from the city. She could get to the city, spend the whole day there, and get back by the end of the day. It's not like she was central US or AU where you're 2 days away from a city unless you take a plane.

Tokyo is a beatiful place by its own
There are both sakura trees and gorgeous temples and super big cyberpunk-styled buildings with neon lights

But the thing is living in Japan is not that good
They work alot
They study a lot
They have to stay with the ierarchy (in family, at the job, etc)

>no cafe in a small town

most unrealistic part of the show.

Literally no cuck stuff in this unless I missed something

There wasn't any, it's just a meme.

>They work alot
>They study a lot
They dont, it just looks like it because of Japanese worth ethics. They will sit at the office even if they dont have anything to do just to inflate the time clocked. Which is also why they are appearing to be so inefficient. Guess who the people are who work less than anyone else? The Germans, the Dutch and the Danes. And guess who is considered to be the hardest working group of people? The Germans. For no reason whatsoever apart from the fact that (apparently) they are extremely efficient. They dont work much but when they work they actually WORK, not like in certain other countries were working means 60% work, 40% Facebook. Japan could such an impeccable place if they would simply get rid of this shitty attitude and focus more on being efficient than simply appearing committed.

>japan is bogged down by bureaucracy and social pressure
who knew

Is this the same studio that made 5cm/s and garden of words?

Yes

>studio
Director

Schlock like the rest of Shinkai's movies.

And now I wait patiently for a 1080p torrent.

It's in cinemas outside japan.

i loved the animation. story was typical love story anime but good enough to give me feels

Closest to me is in Italy according to imdb.
I really like these movies but not enough to travel abroad to watch one.

Really wish he went for another fuck you ending with them not finding each other or him never saving their town.

The scene where they are writing each others names on their hands and she disappears is amazing.

Me and literally everyone else I know would have despised the film if it had the expected ending. Being the way it is is what has made it so beloved.

>tfw she opens up her hand
>tfw she can't remember his name like this
Beautiful

Randomly finding someone in the middle of tokyo is just too unrealistic for me to handle, plus the retarded running scene after, where the fuck were they running from and to? How did they find each other?

It took them years. Years of constantly looking through crowds and missing each other. Years of going to places they vaguely felt like they needed to be. It wasn't like it just happened the next week.

They were just going in the direction the other train was going. A blind hope. They wanted to meet that other person. They had to at least try or they'd never forgive themselves.

It took a long long time, but they found each other in the end, as if it was fated. Fate, the intertwining of threads. Y'know, the whole theme of the film.

>the protag actually finds a way and gets the girl

Fucking bitch-ass girly ending desu. He literally jumped dimensions trough le power of love bullshit.

They should have just given the tragic ending with the both accepting that they would never be able to be together.

I mean that's cool and all but it's not good writing.

berlin is a shithole
t. german

Are you one of those people who thinks that if the characters are unhappy it's instantly deep and intellectual?

Is this kino?

German who probably never even has to Berlin. I should know, I grew up in Munich and Berlin and know first hand that the vast majority of people who talk shit about Berlin have never been there, let alone lived there.

Is that all you've got? I'm fine with a happy ending, but I'd prefer a plausible one.

Like just write your address in their notebook or something so they know where to go and find each other, if the phoneline is always disconnected.

Nope, I've been there

Nah this is a lot weaker film. I can't explain why but it is, just no gravity I guess.

When she met him on the train in tokyo in her timeline, why was he still the same age if it was 3 years earlier?

Is Makoto Shinkai the Terrence Malick of anime?

But all the details they wrote down dissapeared, did you forget that? Did you miss the scene of him looking at the notes in his phone?

Hooooooly shit this film made me so mad. One of the films where I genuinely hate the protagonist. That scene where her friend tries to ask her out. And she turns back time. I thought she was going to redo it so she could accept it more romantically. Haha, nope. She just keeps trying to make it so he never asks. Too fucking cowardly to even turn him down. An absolute demon. No sympathy for her the entire movie.

especially since he knew what she was doing and it probably crushed his fucking soul

>But all the details they wrote down dissapeared, did you forget that? Did you miss the scene of him looking at the notes in his phone?

They didn't disappear the second time when they wrote on each others hands.

Not him but I can spot two ways just by looking at the cover.

Wait, so this is just Hot Chick, the anime?

Cute Chick*

extremely deep for me?

Good cinematography.

Is it a japanese thing to just play loud unfitting pop music for several minutes? Music with lyrics should only been used very sparingly in film.

>unfitting
Maybe if you're an EOP and couldn't hear the lyrics, it fit the times it was used in this film perfectly for the montage sequences, which are hardly eastern only

Show don't tell.

And what exactly were they doing on the screen at that time, you fucking jeb?

Enough that I don't need a song screaming badly about distant loves and dreams and shit.

What would you have preferred, stark silence? Harsh wall noise? Tibetan throat singing? It's atmospheric and sets the whimsical tone.

Maybe a proper score ay.

> throat singing
isn't that mongolian?

>8 years between plot resolution and when they actually meet up
For fucks sake. I get that Jap culture insists on finishing your education before focusing on happy endings, but shes almost 30 by that point. Really liked the movie but that ending made everything so bittersweet.

Do you think she saved herself for him and him for her?

Why? What was wrong with it? Man you would hate 5cms per second
>almost 30
>25
senpai

In my headcanon she did. She had never had a boyfriend before the bodyswapping, so its possible, but probably not. He probably had a random ONS with the other chick from the restaurant.

Why is anime always so afraid to show affection? I was just wishing they'd embrace when they met on the mountain top, but nope, typical stuttering and stammering and acting tsunder.

The other chick from the restaurant who only showed interest in him when he acted like a cute girl, and who married someone else his best friend

Did they not embrace? I swore they did

>and who married someone else his best friend
definitely part of my head canon too

the friends tagging along for his soul seeking mission was annoying, wish they didn't come.

>Man you would hate 5cms per second
All Ive heard of it is that its "boring as shit, but great for desktop wallpapers". On that note, whats this guys other stuff like? Worth getting into or is Kimi no Nawa considered the high point?

5cms per second is excellent imo. Along with Garden of Words.

Voices of a Distant Star is a great short but it's weird and has weird art. The placed promised in our early days I recall being good but i don't remember much else but a few scenes that pop into my head from time to time and remind me of a distant feeling.

wait, so this isn't 5 Centimetres per second?

fucking hell, everytime I saw the poster my mind thought it was this

Kimi no na wa is definitely the high point.

5cms is pretty alright, imagine this film but wwaaaaayyyy more subdued, no fantastical elements or comedy, and it ended in the most depressing way.

Garden of Words is KINO and their japanese teacher who cameod in this film is the MC.

These are both under an hour. Not seen any others.

5 Centimetres per second is better.

>when you realize you're older than all the main characters in this movie but you're supposed to find it devoted/weird they haven't had partners
ree

>being this desperate to be seen as intellectual

5cmps is objectively better. Stop pretending it's the contrarian opinion.

It literally is, though? Normal people like films with plots, characters, tension, a fulfilling ending, rather than just an endless series of monologues from pathetic and lazy people.

Name one (one) thing 5cmps does better, as a film, bearing in mind the different goals of each piece.

>Name one (one) thing 5cmps does better, as a film, bearing in mind the different goals of each piece.

Putting aside the fact that it's actually a kino, not a film. 5cmps has a far superior emotional connection with the audience and far better direction that doesn't overuse bad pop music and shitty toilet humor/boob jokes.

Biggest problem with anime is that every girl looks like a total 10/10 babe. Then you actually go to Tokyo and suddenly it hits you that most Asians are fucking ugly. Its even worse than it is with white people, good looking Asians really are one of a kind. When you imagine that story with ugly people its somehow not even remotely as appealing.

There's plenty of cute girls in tokyo. There's also a lot of plain ones but that's the same with any group of people. I'm a racist and I'm gonna say the le asians are more ugly than white people meme is just racism.

>superior emotional connection with the audience

lmao

I've been to screenings of both, 5cmps has people looking at their phones and saying they didn't understand why anyone acted the way they did, Your Name has people leaning forward in their seats, eyes glued to the screen, holding back tears.

Emotional connection with the audience? Don't make me laugh. Maybe if you're some braindead normie chad piece of shit you might be able to relate to the soulless automatons in 5cmps.

ok bro. some of us are just a little over "he used the power of love to travel interdimensionally and through time to save the day and get the girl".

You completely missed the point. Not surprised, my nu-male friend.

Better than "he stayed at home and made no effort to try and get the girl and wasted away because he was too lazy to hop on a train or send a letter or even call out to her in the street"

It's too dull to get invested in or relate

Just say it "I am racist". No one gives a shit here.

Sometimes you don't know what you wont until it's gone.

want*

fug

No I think he knew pretty clearly throughout the film, he was just lazy and stupid

Like fuck man, you're an adult, you can move wherever you want, why are you staying in your apartment feeling sorry for yourself

>le asians are more ugly than white people meme is just racism
Not that guy, but its less racism and more cultural perspective. Asians have naturally mongoloidal faces, which looks ugly to westerners (who associate it with downs syndrome) but is the default face to an Asian and looks perfectly normal to them. In my experience, Asians are shocked that westerners can possibly find big white noses attractive, because to them, all white people look like the happy merchant meme.

>Like fuck man, you're an adult, you can move wherever you want, why are you staying in your apartment feeling sorry for yourself

>tfw this is me

>joyreactor.cc
End yourself

ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN

>website elitism

Why are japs so hung up on highschool? Is there collective trauma about highschool and how hard and stressful it was? and now the population likes to watch escapism featuring highschool kids actually enjoying their lives and having spare time?

>the population likes to watch escapism featuring highschool kids actually enjoying their lives and having spare time
Is the right answer. For most nip salarymen, highschool/college will be the last happy carefree time in their lives, so its kind of sacred for Japan.

More like, why would you post a reaction image with an ad banner instead of just the image. Are you a corporate slave?

Not really relevant to this film, is it?

>Not really relevant to this film, is it?
Well they are once again highschool kids. So yeah, it's relevant.

High school is the only time in the life of a Japanese were he is something "free" (which is laughable because they have very little free time in high school already). They have school clubs and all sorts of activities that they hold very dear. As soon as they leave school the Japanese life of a wage slave starts. The people who spend more time at work than any western nation, but technically speaking get less done in that time. Their work ethics are fucking retarded, which is one of the nations very, very few flaws.

>More like, why would you post a reaction image with an ad banner instead of just the image. Are you a corporate slave?
Why would you post on a website with an ad banner instead of a website without ads? Are you a corporate slave?

>this is the best japan has to offer in terms of kino

LOL

Luckily I use adblock

It wouldn't be very romantic if an office worker with a wife had a romance with someone halfway around the country. Or funny if he went into his office a different person and nobody noticed because there was 0 interpersonal interaction.

>This is the first thread Ive seen on any board where people are actually discussing the film in some capacity and not just spamming the Keit-ai meme or blogging about what their theater experience was like
Does this mean that Sup Forums is better than Sup Forums?