It's a Kevin Finnerty episode

>it's a Kevin Finnerty episode

Was the name supposed to mean something?

>Kevin Finnerty
>Infinnerty
>Infinity

reminder: coma episodes are the ultimate pleb filter.

my nigguh
s2
s1
s3
s4
s5
s6

When it's cold, I'd like to die

>Archie Bunker
>Tony Soprano
>Homer Simpson (old simpsons)

Who else?

>it's a tony has an existential crisis episode

>it's a boring episode

What was the point of the coma scenes?
Not trying to bait or anything, I just didn't get it

Watch it again, not even joking.

What are you talking about?
I even cried on the wheres cold part, the only thing in tv i ever got emotional about.

Look at this pleb and laugh at him. Doesn't even realize he was filtered by the ultimate pleb filter. That's how much of a stinky pleb he is

he's drugged up, in a coma, dreaming about losing his identity and almost his life. one can add some more eloquence around it specifically, that's pretty much it. if you don't see at least that, go back to capeshit threads.

How anyone can think those episodes weren't some of the best in the series is beyond me.

The one thing that always gets forgotten is the episode where he does peyote links with up with the coma episodes. The episodes weren't just filler. They all fit in with the rest of the series.

wait, that's it? but that was obvious.

when people brag about how meaningful these episodes are i always i thought i missed something deep.
how disappointing.

>tony gets nearly killed
>goes into witness protection program as kevin finnerty

How did people not get this?

Thats was my exact ranking after watching it as it first aired.

After more than 20 series rewatches since I have come to the realization that Seasons 1 and 2 are objectively below seasons 3-6.

Seasons 1 and 2 were great, but The Sopranos didnt truly become "art" till Season 3.

Seasons 1 and 2 are still GOAT TV on par with any other show, but they are a cut below the later seasons. The later seasons are truly cinematic works of art.

Maybe deep is the wrong word to use, I perks ally love these episodes. S6 is all about the end times, the good days are behind us. Remember when tony said to melfi, "if I had normal parents, I'd be selling patio furniture on route 22". In the dreams kevin finnerty is the 'normal' version of tony, what tony may have been if he wasn't a gangster. A big part of the dreams is when the Buddhist monks slap finnerty tell him to take responsibility for his actions, in a way he's also talking to the actual tony soprano. The coma dreams is sort of a lesson for tony, this is his chance to change and become a good man. Another nice small detail is when Christopher was talking to his friend in walk like a man, he says he could leave the Mafia, rat to the fbi and live large in Arizona which is where finnerty lives. When tony wakes up he says,"everyday is a gift, but does it have to be a pair of socks". Tony can change, but he doesn't want to put in the hard work. He could leave the mafia life, but he doesn't. Tony could've been a good man if he wasn't forced into this life

*personally

Gandolfini's acting in the last coma scene outside of the house party is a testament to his skill. It brings me to tears every fucking time.

Says it all. Too many people miss the subtleties Sopranos did so well.

Sometimes I feel like Tony Soprano, I run an MMO guild, people always coming and going, never know who'll flip over to other factions. Can't even trust my own men because I know they can't do what I can do, but they want all the perks of someone who does. Sometimes you have to get rid of people who're bad for the organization, but they can be friends one day and enemies the next, that's why Sopranos was therapeutic for me in some respect. I had someone I could relate to.

From an audience POV, you've seen him as the mob boss and family man, which might sound redundant, but stick with me here. He really transcends that mold in the coma episodes, I'm glad they went with this surreal route where he's not really himself, because you feel as lost as Tony.