The american wizards execute people on a whim by making them jump inside a vat of magic acid

>the american wizards execute people on a whim by making them jump inside a vat of magic acid

What the fuck was that? Wasnt there a more humane way to do it? Did they just said "hey maybe we should just...throw these dissidents into this pool of living acid? -throw them? How about if we MAKE THEM JUMP by themselves?"

They didnt event got a fair trial. A guy simply said "lol off with their heads" and in less than 1 minute they were already in the final stage of death row

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Apparition
scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/85564/how-did-snape-muster-the-emotional-ability-necessary-to-kill-dumbledore
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was probably some stupid comment about the American justice system. You know how eternally buttburt Brits are about Americans.

>tfw have a very conservative mother who hated harry potter because she said it was satanic trash
>slowly convince her throughout the years that HP really isnt satanic and the sorcery stuff is pretty light and theres no mention of real occult stuff, all the magic talk is original mumbo jumbo
>take her to see this film
>this fucking pentagram scene comes in
>she hted the movie because of that and is now beyond convincing

What the fuck were they thinking by putting that pentagram? It was a family film ffs

Did the brits by any chance mocked the american characters throughout the film because of their americanisms?

You're confusing the pentagram (which represents, earth, water, air, fire, and the beyond) with the satanic pentacle.
The one in the op picture merely represents the elements that make up magic.

>have fun trying to explain that to your mom though

I know. There is no such thing as a "satanic pentagram". But you know that conservative christianism teaches that everything pagan in origin=absolutely super satanic. Also 99% of christians dont know whst the pentagram means

>pentagram
>5 pointed star
Wew

You stupid. It s fact.

wow, USSR military symbol in new york!

You do know theyre literally the same thing right?

Will Brits ever get over losing the Revolutionary War?

That was my point

>have spell that literally just kills whatever you aim at
>no mess or fuss involved
>0% chance of prisoner surviving
>instead, choose to rip memories from people and dunk them in vat of acid

Why are the wizards in the HP universe so inefficient at using their magic?

>No such thing as a satanic pentagram.

I want fedorafag wiccans to leave.

Written by the same woman who had a twenty year old 10/10 woman marry and get knocked up by a forty something year old man with aids and no job or assets

Because the magical universe of HP is very poorly written, and JK rowling keeps fucking it up by "expanding it".

>The only reason why aveda kedabra or whatever is name is, is forbidden because it kills
>it kills instantaneously and it probably doesn't even hurts
>and its just a kill, theres not even a mention of anything like it consumes the soul or something horrific that would justify said prohibition.

I guess every wizard is anti guns as well.

You do know that the edgemaster satanic shit is not canon in Christianity right? The bible makes no mention of pentagrams, therefore pentagrams in themselves are not satanic.

The execution scene was completely out of place and made no sense.
Stiff auror bitch reports Eddie to the police for no reason, after a two minute interview both of them are sentenced to death on the whim of an official with no trial, and the two guards who were in the room immediately take them into another room and kill them.
What was Rowling thinking?

It was literally the main villain dishing out the death penalty. It made sense.

Its such a drastic method of execution "Magic potion" Because how many evil people would have charms and defense buffs on when they get taken in. The acid was to nullify any protection they had!

You're right, but 90% of all Americans think that pentagram=devil worship.
It was a stupid move putting it in the movie.

>conservative christianism
didn't know you had orthodox christians there, I thought you burgers are all new age christian scientology faggotism or whats it called and shit.

>Killing someone instantly and painlessly is "unforgiveable"
>The ministry punishes criminals by having dementors suck their souls out.
bravo, Rowling.

>christianism
come on now

Most families aren't as retarded as yours.

I'm sorry your family got the retarded genes

>The bible makes no mention of pentagrams
That's not how this works. The bible makes mention that any faith or religion that does not glorify Him is not worthy of living and is best converted, ignored, or purged. All things which do not glorify God are sin. All religious symbols, from your "le harmles lil' ol pentagram" to ritual sacrifices to Dionysus are an abomination before God.

You should probably not put your full faith in what the bible says, as its pretty corrupted by the times. The book of Enoch was found at the same time in the same place, its worth looking at to give the whole thing perspective. Also if you wanted to go further without the dogmatic views, The Key Of Solomon is interesting, albeit a bit out there if you're coming from a central, biblical perspective.

>Satanic trips checked.

The point was that satanism (the religion) is literally consisted of made up canon. There is absolutely no mention in Abrahamic canon that pentagrams are a symbol of satan.
read post above.

This is not based on my beliefs, there is simply 0 relation between pentagrams and christianity

The bible doesn't mention lots of things. The crucifix is only in the bible to kill jesus with, they don't say it's a sign of Christianity.

user MY SON YOU HAVE COMMIT FALLACIES
YOU HAVE CHOICE
DEATH
OR
EXILE

Wrong, Isaiah had prophesied that Jesus would die in a piece of wood. The Cross is a symbol of Christianity because it represents Jesus dying for our sins. Which is a clear, literal representation of what happened .Whereas the the pentagram is just "LOL IT LOOKS LIKE AN EVIL BLACK GOAT XD"

i choose death.... by exile

>recently watch a television show where as soon as a woman was sentenced to death she gets a bullet in her head the very next second
>Graves sentences them to death
>the put a wand right on their neck
>get triggered thinking it they'll just get killed instantly

pretty good scene though

>MUH INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY DADDY

I asked a friend who is a huge potter fan and she told me the logic behind this prohibition is that in the case of dementors, they're the ones doing the kill while with aveda kadebra or whatever its the magician who is conjuring the power to kill someone, and thats the bad part.

It doesn't make much sense either desu, by that logic these guys wouldn't consider homicide by neglect to be bad. Walking the plank wouldn't be seen as an immoral punishment

sorry you have a mother suffering so badly from the disease of religion

>The Key Of Solomon
Sum up, plox.

That is one ugly dude. Why is his chest so deformed? Does he have gynecomastia?

Hey guise,like how I shoe horned the notion that religion is a disease into this discussion?

There was only one British wizard, and he didn't necessarily mock them, but he did make several comments about how backwards American Wizard culture was with regard to segregation. But there was a black lady President so it's all good.

The real reason is that directly killing someone with magic (i.e the forbidden spells) splits your soul

>it got a tail

Because that spell works off of vicious murderous intent and causes damage to the user's soul. Like this was a major plot point how does everyone forget this?

Who the hell cares about "murderous malicious intent", you're telling me the guy who designed a pool of acid to throw people into didn't had some sick murderous intent? Guns and axes exist in HP world and wizards are just as vulnerable to bullets as everyone else, you're telling me they considered acid/lava to be more humane than a bullet to the head or decapitation?.

Also, what exactly was the damage to the soul? Because if anything it only gave you the advantage of being unkillable.

You should have maned the fuck up and hit your mom and done whatever you please. If you don't start disciplining them early they become real monsters.

Did you miss the part where not only did Voldemort die, he was left rotting in limbo as a shriveled husk unable to pass on to any proper afterlife for all of eternity?

How old are you? If you are over 4 the shit you are saying is embarrassing.

I actually did missed this part, when did it happened? I dont even remember voldemort's death desu

>why are prisoners executed by injecting them with a complicated series of chemicals rather than some police officer putting a bullet in the back of their head

>expecting the HP universe to make sense

>Because if anything it only gave you the advantage of being unkillable.

What? That was only Voledmord, and that was for an entire other reason (his horrocruxes) rather than him using Adava Kedavra

Deathly Hallows part 2. When Harry dies and meets Dumbledore's spirit, they look under the bench where the last bit of Voldemort's shriveled up soul is lying unable to do anything, looking like a disgusting old man baby.

>by making them jump inside a vat of magic acid
>acid

Molecules being ripped apart, etc...

Aren't lethal injections painless?

Wasn't that a metaphor?

yes yes well done Newt well done Newt

H O W E V E R
O
W
E
V
E
R

This is JK Rowling we're talking about. It was as literal as anything, Voldemort is doomed to be forever trapped in Limbo unable to either get help from anyone or return to the living in any form due to his soul being too destroyed from all the evil things he's done.

The order of execution isn't even surprising considering how Graves was the bad guy.

Whats really illogical is the attitude of Queen Nigger

>Ms Shekelstein, did you really allowed this britbong to bring a lot of magical beasts into america and potentially expose the wizardly world to nomags and didn't even notified me about this?
>B-but queen nigger, I literally tried to warn you about this yesterday, I explicitly interrupted an important meeting with the sole purpose of revealing all of this to you and even arrested the guy and you told me to fuck off
>MS SHEKELSTEIN WHY DID YOU DECIDED TO WITHHOLD THIS INFORMATION FROM ME? YOU'RE UNDER ARREST NOW

And at the end

Newt says "Wait dont kill him! I can exorcise him!"

>WIZARDS! OPEN FIRE!!!!!!

Fucking typical sassy nignog

>Calling Americans backwards in an era in which they send thousands of Indian soldiers to die in the trenches of WW1, didn't even see them as citizens

Fuck off limeys.

Dont forget how britbongs couldn't bring themselves up to pardon the guy who literally cracked the enigma code from the nazis because he liked it up the ass

Fuck off faggot.

Because it looks cooler

Your mother has something that none of have, user. And that is an extra chromosome.

are you referring to Tonks and Lupin?

What is your point.

>implying
the Poles that did 99% of the work weren't faggots

Why's everyone calling it acid? I don't remember it burning anything. It was just magical death goop. I thought it was being presented as a pretty humane procedure.

Literally burns down the chair as soon as it touches it

Was this the first time we saw a pentegram in Hary Porter?

>Aren't lethal injections painless?

I wouldn't know if death is painless, considering I've never died!

Lupin was a nxtlvl wizard tho. Still can't believe be got killed offscreen

yeah dude, great job keep it up.

Lupin's objections for not banging tonks were retarded. Really, NEVER in history has a werewolf had kids? Bullshit.

It's an american film you fat cuckold

Yeah but no one cares what trailer trash from tornado alley thinks a family film is.

that's forbidden

No, all the AK (GET IT? IT'S A GUN METAPHOR, GUNS ARE EVIL) does is rely on your murderous intent. Soul splitting occurs because Voldemort made too many phylacteries like the dumbass he was.

It's illegal because it's an instant untraceable killspell. That's it. The ministry didn't want people using shit that could one-shot them. Even then it doesn't make sense, because you could just make a ward to block that shit (nothing in the books say that AK can't be blocked by wards). JK's magic, like the rest of her world, is poorly thought out.

Written by JK Rowling

And yes, it felt like social commentary. The Brits are much more enlightened, you see, because they just lock you up in a damp masonry tower in the ocean where you're tortured forever by wraiths that consume all good feelings and emotions.

How has this thread made it this long without the pasta

you mother is actually right
you should listen to her

Avada Kedavra is a very difficult spell to use and it requires you to really want to kill the person you use it against. It's also hinted that repeated use can damage the soul.

Holy shit where's potterchan and his fine pasta?

The same reason we don't murder condemned prisoners with an axe or run them over with a car

Being "civilized" about executions is part of how we justify them to ourselves. It's why we're always looking for better more humane ways to do it. For a long time it was hanging (which try tried to make as quick as possible with the drop that breaks your neck, rather than simple strangulation) then we got the bright idea to gas or electrocute people. Now we like the lethal injection.

Firing squads have seldom been popular outside the military, where it makes sense. So in Wizard America, we grab some nice memory that makes you comfortable and relaxed so you just walk into the mercury bath and die, or whatever. Presumably whatever it does isn't gruesome.

also

>Scrimgeour
>that's it

Anyone else find it weird how easily everyone was teleporting around in this movie?

You used to have to have flu powder, or an enchanted object or something. Even the death eaters would turn into capes and fly away.

Now everyone is just capable of teleporting instantly without an incantation, and they conveniently forget how to do it during the prison break.

Except he totally got ganked by Wizard Hitler. Poor Bill Nighy.

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Apparition

>Newt says "Wait dont kill him! I can exorcise him!"
>>WIZARDS! OPEN FIRE!!!!!!

I would defend her on this count though. You don't want someone alive that is so dangerous they can fuck up a whole city and risk a human/wizard war on a whim because of how mentally unstable he is.

I wouldn't have taken some exorcism risk when you could just shoot it to death

How much did Snape hate Dumbledore then, because he must've been harboring some real resentment to kill him with AvKe.

So ripping the souls out of peoples bodies and/or locking them in a giant rock in the middle of the ocean to have demons sucking your happiness from your body is somehow more humane than a quick and efficient death?

I already made that point here I agree. However I was addressing why they don't just AK them. That's not how state executions work.

>How much did Snape hate Dumbledore then, because he must've been harboring some real resentment to kill him with AvKe.
I dunno, but there's a discussion here:
scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/85564/how-did-snape-muster-the-emotional-ability-necessary-to-kill-dumbledore

>AK (GET IT? IT'S A GUN METAPHOR, GUNS ARE EVIL)
either this is an ultra shitty joke or you're a moron

>it doesn't make sense, because you could just make a ward to block that shit
it is blocked. multiple times.

im not going to defend her whole world but i hate hearing faggots complain about inconsitencies when its really just there lack of reading comprehension and a desire to fit in

>the only girl that gave you the time of day starts fucking some 4 eyes
>You find out, go and see her dead body there meaning you were moments too late to save her
>you realize 4 eyes pumped her full of jizz and had a kid
>Dumblefaggot forces you to protect this piece of shit your entire life

Yeah I wonder why he hated him.

So Snape was a good guy, right? He just killed Dumbledore as part of a master plan to kill Voldemort?