I'm doing a David Lynch session and it's either this or Blue Velvet

Seen all his other stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AdIlLn52Oak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

blue velvet is way better

It's kíno. Blue velvet, not so much

yes

my favorite lynch because it actually somewhat makes sense even after the first watch

Yeah, Blue Velvet is an excellent film. This is just an interesting misfire.

Contrarians will tell you it's a better version of Mulholland Drive, it's not. Besides a couple cool scenes, there's not much going for it.

I thought it was awesome. Better than Blue Velvet.

Don't expect it to make much sense though. You have to fill in the blanks yourself.

IMMM DEERAAAAAANGED

Both are kino and top tier Lynch films. If you want something slightly more traditional, Blue Velvet.

its actually amazing. i like it.

i think blue velvet is overrated, while lost highway is confusing and hard (impossible) to understand, its extremely enjoyable while watching.

of course, if you want to watch lynchs most "experimental" work (according to him) pic related is what you want.

Blue Velvet is better but both are good.

>Straight Story
>most "experimental" work (according to him)

An easy-to-follow Disney movie is experimental? Where's his new clothes?

Blue Velvet is his best film. Lost Highway is decent, sort of Mulholland Drive light.

It's one hell of a movie.

Probably be my favorite Lynch. No idea what's going on and it's basically just a series of scenes with no connection to each other but somehow every single one is so damn good.
youtube.com/watch?v=AdIlLn52Oak

blue velvet is more comfy and easier to follow. lost highway is more intense and confusing also more scary.

lost highway is kafka.
blue velvet murakami

Videodrome is the best Lynch movie.

lost highway is much better than blue velvet in my opinion

both are a bit flawed and uneven, but blue velvet ends up being so badly paced that it's almost unwatchable for me. lost highway is at least constantly interesting, even with the jarring shift a third into it that takes some adjusting to. and it's just a sexier, more interesting, better filmed film

i was using his words
ask lynch what he ment by it

i agree with this

a disney movie is pretty experimental FOR lynch

This scene made me want to see this movie. It is fucking unnerving.

that's the best scene but there are many other great scenes in the move and you should see it

Cronenberg*

Mulholland
Highway
blue velvet
Eraserhead/Inland
Elephant/wild at heart

Definitive rank

My favorite Lynch film.

Faggots will try to tell you BV or Mulholland Drive is better though.

It's basically about the same guy at two different stages of his life dealing with the consequences being cheated on and cheating himself.

>ask lynch what he ment by it
He will laugh and say "no" and the audience would erupt in laughter and applause for his genius for minutes on end.

Trick question. He wasn't wearing any new clothes.

I still like him and most his movies though. It's clear he has an understanding how his audience thinks.

Mulholland > Blue Velvet/lost highway > the elephant man > inland empire > eraserhead > straight story > wild at heart

Dune should be forgotten,
Fire walk with me is not a standalone movie and should not be rated as one.

RAAAUMMM

SSSHTEEEIN

yeah, it's probably Lynch's best movie