Was this the best show to come out of Britain?

Was this the best show to come out of Britain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4xcXuZvvfRE
youtube.com/watch?v=sfs4vGDMWBE
youtu.be/4yaoiL5srGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=c81Dt176GjE
youtube.com/watch?v=DZDxo6ZHR0M
youtube.com/watch?v=SRRw1ERj2Gc
youtube.com/watch?v=xX2oWHAu_n0
youtube.com/watch?v=uAMOsuEdWzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, plebs that don't understand complex comedy will call it random or juvenile, but it is leagues better than Monty Python, or Black Books, or Garth Merenghi. Boosh is timeless and classic.

this,
everyone always overlooks the god-tier dialogue between Vince and Howard

>that look on Bainbridge's face when Naboo says 'Tusk'

Lol so randum

Fuck off to reddit you hipster cunt m8

Early seasons were good then it went to shit.

I've seen a couple people say this, but I honestly feel this is one of those rare shows that stayed strong from start to finish.

I don't like Noel Fielding on his own but paired with the other guy they're gold.

>tfw britfag

No and I hate that I used to think it was good too

didnt realise until I was older how fucking genius Howard Moon was though

The best UK comedy show Is only fools and horses

Second series was ok with a different story every week. First series in zoo was shit. Noels comedy series was possibly the worst tv iv ever seen.

When is Mindhorn releasing?

what do you think of monkey dust?

>Crack fox

probably the most hilariously terrifying character ever conceived on a TV show.

Monkey Dust is spectacular.

It was a poofter

my nigga, I'll check out only foals and horses then

u wot m8

I really liked it way back, but I don't think it's aged well, it was very much of it's time imo.

there are a few standout episodes I could rewatch (milky joe kino) but overall nah.

Anyone for comfy pub kino?

Boosh is alright, I liked it a bit when I was younger. Nothing compares to based Vic and Bob though

CRIME WON'T CRACK ITSELF

I saw Noel live on his recent US tour and my opinion of him went way up, he's really funny on the fly and put on an awesome how.

youtube.com/watch?v=4xcXuZvvfRE

TO THE REGIMENT!

Only worthwhle comedy from the commonwealth is small Australian sketch comedy group Aunty Donna's weekly thirty five minute podcast.

Source: I am UK

Took me years to spot the gallows on Matthew Kelly's head.

Oh fuck I love Aunty Donna, didn't know they had a podcast

that fucking george michael, remember it like it was yesterday.

>Nothing compares to based Vic and Bob though
youtube.com/watch?v=sfs4vGDMWBE

how the fuck have I never caught that

>Since this show was recorded, Acts 1 and 3 have been murdered by Act 2 George Michael. In the circumstances it is recommended viewers should not vote for Acts 1 or 3.

Never seen it, need to watch it though

Oh fuck off Peep Show is such entry level, it is great but not the best

Also no one has mentioned Brass Eye

I downloaded and watched one of hos stand up shows and there were a few funny bits but most of his jokes fell flat and for the most part I didn't really get if he was making actual attempts at actual jokes or if it all was just some weird Andy Kaufman meta humor.

this watching it again after a while I can see how easy it would be for normies to misunderstand it, what a shame

So I don't watch many british comedy stuffs, can I get some recommendations?

I've seen

>Mr. Bean
>Blackadder
>The Thin Blue Line
>Mighty Boosh
>That Mitchell and Webb Look

No... No it was not.

this they poetically describe situations like black people

Red Dwarf
Garth Meringhi's Darkplace
Black Books

the only bad episode I remember from the last season was the one where they sing the "bouncy bouncy" song which I felt was a bit forced

operation good guys

Brass Eye

God, no.
Peep Show, Green Wing, The Office, Brass Eye, The Trip, and Fawlty Towers are much better.

>Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
It had no right to be as good as it was.

>watch Little Britain
>hey this is pretty good
>watch another episode
>it's 90% the same thing and literally the same jokes
>weird
>watch another episode
>it's the same shit again
>and again
>and again

Why do Brits allow this? Are they fucking retarded and will laugh at the same joke 50 times in a row?

Steptoe and Son
Only Fools and Horses
Porridge
Open All Hours
Keeping Up Appearances
Nathan Barley
I'm Alan Partridge

>watch Little Britain
>hey this is pretty good
Dude

Teah, my favourite thing of theirs. They're shit at it and it's hilarious so it's 80% forcing bits. Gold.

Yeah man their first record was where its at and then they just went commercial. I saw them in concert at an early gig in a little club. Had their record before anyone.

blah blah blah

Bow down for the true GOAT

People who don't like politics can fuck off

This

You can telll that this thread is all amerifats or underages, literally any British person would say Only fools

I'm dl it, if it isn't good by episode 2 you can fuck off

I'm probably too old to be on Sup Forums and I always hated Only Fools. Every single thing about it is totally unfunny and depressing to watch.

what's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!

thanks guys

kys

Says the country that has TV shows that run for 20+ seasons, until every conceivable plot has been exhausted.

>Liking Mighty Boosh
Only ones to pretend to like it are try hard, "indie" scene girls who like to think they are cultured.

dude one of the three main characters died but we need to drag this out so just use literally another old man as if nothing happened lmao

it's a meme show favored by reddit

When did you realise that noel feilding was an unfunny hack?

youtu.be/4yaoiL5srGQ

I miss Never Mind The Buzzcocks so much, especially the Lamaar era

Any other fans of the Big Fat Quiz shows?

youtube.com/watch?v=c81Dt176GjE

jimmy carr is a twat.

Did anyone watch Flowers with Julian Barratt? It's a black comedy, don't see anyone talking about it that much but it was fucking great

Yeah I look forward to them every year. Never was a fan of Richard Ayoade's humor though. He's never funny on them imo

I get what Ianucci was trying to do, but "The Thick Of It" is nowhere near as timeless as "Yes Minister"/"Yes Prime Minister".

Also, Malcolm's outbursts aren't as funny if you've been primed with similar inventive edginess on Sup Forums.

It's basically a less well executed version of The Office's cringe comedy, but with more edgy swearing

I never heard of it before, so no.

There is a talk show with that guy who did V for Vendetta. The funny one.

Very English:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZDxo6ZHR0M

no, while it is funny, its blatantly clear julian kept the humor from going too retarded (despite it already being retarded)
its easy to see from quiz show, or luxury comedy, noel wishes he was a budget Andy Kaufman, though thankfully he didnt do that as much on buzzcocks

>TTOI is about le ebin swearing man

Nice superficial normalshit opinion lads, I bet you think Brass Eye was a sitcom about pedos. the characterisation and performances are wall to wall perfect all the way through it

I quite like Noel on panel shows and things but I've never been into his standup or boosh.

thoughts on Nathan Barley?

I loved episode 1 but episodes 2 and 3 weren't nearly as good, do I continue it?

this guy right here is my lad.
flowers was absolute kino. it's basically a show about Sup Forums: the family, there's a qt neet daughter, an autistic son, a japanese drawfag who is into hentai and a suicidal depressed father... everyone here should check it out.

Daaaaaannn ashcrrrooofftt

I really liked it when I saw it, but I feel like if I watched it now I'd just cringe

>>TTOI is about le ebin swearing man
>Nice superficial normalshit opinion lads,
The normalfag opinion is to say Tucker was funny. The edgy contrarian opinion is to say the humour from that was so-so.

Just because noone mentioned the good acting doesn't mean we didn't notice it.

youtube.com/watch?v=SRRw1ERj2Gc

Managed to never even hear of this. Speaking of dark comedy did anyone else watch Nighty Night with Julia Davis and Angus Deayton? I remember that being good

I can barley remember it but I did enjoy it. It's only 3 more episodes so you might as well finish it

I never see this named in britcom threads but it's one of my all time faves

i recently rewatched it. its not as bad as i expected, though it clearly isnt as good as i remember. some episodes are blatant shit, and others are just not as good as i remember them, but on the other hand, some still stand up pretty well. despite tundra being literally the same episode as the pilot, i still found either version funny

>I can barley remember it

>not liking Citizen Kahn

tbqh
a bit, but i couldn't get into it. it's a shame he hasn't done much stuff since the mighty boosh

Dude. The later seasons were fantastic. I mean the jolly boys alone.

that's the point where I always start watching it. I think that's where the show really hits its stride

Having watched always sunny since this came out I can't help seeing him as a whackier more surreal British Dennis

I loved that show when it was airing.

Best modern comedy - Bluestone 42
Fielding is awful unless he's bouncing off someone else. On his own he relies too much on LULSORANDUM! and trying to look as retarded as possible.

Do you mean QI?

youtube.com/watch?v=xX2oWHAu_n0

>tfw brit threads such as this are the only reason I even bother with Sup Forums anymore
keep it up lads.

I'd say it's my favourite show of all time. I watch seasons 1 and 2 on repeat.

But season 3 was an abortion. It did the one thing that ruined the Electro episode in season 1: it made it seem real. In that episode, they brought in girls and another guy, which took away that isolationist feel of the Zooniverse.

Season 2 started to do it with the backdrops of London houses, but there were still a lot of decently small locations.

But season 3 made it pathetic. It was all about trying to impress people from Camden, and mentioning Shoreditch whenever they could. They started bringing in bands and crowds and too many "hip" real things. It grounded it way too much and took away the magic of it, like it really was in another weird universe where the tundra is only a couple of minutes away, and a forest could really exist inside a tiny zoo.

Red Dwarf
Black Adder
One foot in the Grave

what?

Time Trumpet was fucking hilarious too, it's a retrospective on British TV and politics in the late 2000s, set in the 2030s and made in 2005. Has Richard Ayoade, Stewart Lee and a few others

it's all on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=uAMOsuEdWzE (they're only actually 20 minutes long, each episode is played twice in these videos)

>brought in girls
you mean noel gave jobs to his girlfriend and their band, and they literally followed them around in their live shows and played there also

That's not Snuff Box.

1.) Monkey Dust
2.) The Prisoner (1967)
3.) Mighty Boosh
Everything else can fuck off