I unironically LOVE this film, bros. Matter fact, I find it a masterpiece and top-tier sci-fi accomplishment...

I unironically LOVE this film, bros. Matter fact, I find it a masterpiece and top-tier sci-fi accomplishment. I know Lynch himself hates it, but I think it's because of goddamn Hollyjew scumbags ruining the filmmaking process, and not because of the quality itself.

>the mesmerizing, god-tier score that gives the film a divine touch
>incredible, expensive-looking sets
>believable props
>dropdead gorgeous cinematography, especially the shots of the sea and desert
>calm and collected build-up and pacing
>stellar cast and beautiful ladies
>bizarre and wonderful at the same time (seriously, that first Harkonnens scene is borderline experimantal)
>Lynch doesn't spoon-feed you to make it easy - we're dropped right into the middle of the big feud between major political forces with strange names and complicated alliances, there's so much mythos and wierd gadgets thrown right into our face, Lynch demands attention and learning from us, there's no lasers, speeders and quips
>fucking sandworms, bros!
>Dune is about ecology, politics, philosophy, religion, masculinity, femininity, greed, heroes etc., and Lynch captured it perfectly
>the theater-style of acting focused on dramatics was fitting

Sure, some effects were cheap and laughable, but it's no biggie to me. I fucking LOVE Dune and the way Lynch made it all serious and challenging, and because it flopped and Hollywood hates it, I fear Legendary is going to pick the easy route with everything watered down for manchildren and tumblrinas. Why do people hate this film, bros? It's beautiful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WHh8dzxTSNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was ok. The best part about it was the theme. I'd be happy if Legendary reused the theme song.

I see it as a beautiful mess. There are things I really like and things I don't, but overall I enjoy it.

I want to watch this, but should I read the book first?

book > tv series > movie

don't read the books herbert didn't write

I liked it too OP. For some reason I really enjoyed Princess Irulan exposition, how she faces the camera smiling as opposed to normal narration, gave it a dreamy quality.

>The Baron is too two dimensional
>Weirding modules are a stupid addition
>Why are the Bene Gesserit bald?
>Shaddam is played by and old man (he doesn't look older than 35 in the book)
>Fremen don't wear cloaks over their stillsuits
>Rain on Arrakis in final scene

Okay, I'm not going to watch the show though.

TV series sucks ass desu. Boring, awful effects, poor acting, uninspired designs. For all of the movie's flaws, when I visualize Dune I think of the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=WHh8dzxTSNw

I have to rewatched it soon.

>Weirding modules are a stupid addition
Weirding modules were pretty necessary when you think about it. For all the details they were juggling the idea of making the weirding way a product of technology is easier to digest and explain in an already-overstuffed plot.
>Why are the Bene Gesserit bald?
Honestly too trivial to give a shit about
>Shaddam is played by and old man
And he was played well, for as little screen time as he had.
>Fremen don't wear cloaks over their stillsuits
I agree the fremen were probably the worst part, design wise.

I'm sure the upcoming movie will be Marlel-esque, but I am really looking forward to the sandworm design.

>calm and collected build-up and pacing

I mean, the film doesn't get the hate it deserves, but the pacing isn't a plus. Lynch should have introduced House Harkonnen and House Atreides before throwing in the Guild navigator at the palace so people knew who the hell he was going on about. A lot could have been done to make the movie more understandable and saved a lot of unneeded exposition. What you claim is Lynch not spoon-feeding his audience, other people see as it being a confusing mess.

It's easily the weirdest completed film ever intended for major blockbuster status.

Lynch added the weirding modules because he interpreted the weirding way as "kung-fu in the desert" and didn't like it.

They weren't necessary at all, probably one of the worst changes from the book. It's not hard to understand that the Bene Gesserit have a secret fighting style, we're already shown examples of their secretive techniques (the voice, prescience) early on in the film.

The Arrakeen raid scene looks so fucking ridiculous with the Fremen shouting and shooting lasers all over the fucking place.

Ok I guess you're right.

It's a better film than any of the Star Wars ones, though it's still bad. The main problem with it is that Lynch obviously at this point thinks of genre filmmaking as a way to avoid having to deal with psychologized characterization. To him the plot is nothing, a joke. That's why it's the best space fantasy film, but that's also why it's the weakest Lynch film, including Wild at Heart.

You're right, as I suggest here , it's not that he's not spoon-feeding, it's that he just thinks the story is a bunch of mouth-noises.

You say 'Hollyjew', but surely it was Dino de Laurentis, who's neither Hollywood nor Hebraic?

>this film is good because it panders to me and my retarded tastes

That has nothing to do with how good a film is, and you don't even realize how much you insulted the film by making this shitty fucking "MUH OPINYUH" post.

I liked the beginning parts of the film like when Paul is training. The movie gets progressively worse as it progresses.

As an adaptation of the book it kinda blows
As a slice of epic cinematic madness it's fantastic

>better than any Star Wars

It must be difficult being this much of a god tier contrarian

I want to throw him into a live CT scanner.

You are an ironic fool.

if you were to punch him would his whole face collapse ?

Best part is Alicia Witt in her prime.