What went right?

What went right?

Best Track?

Nothing

None

>backlash from last album
>vitriol for the VMAs incident
>self imposed exile in paradise
>contributions from peers that are forced into giving their best performances due to Ye's vision

best track is Runaway, of course

got em

Nothing. It's shit. Kanye's shit. Hip hop is shit. Stop shitting up the board with your top 50 crap.

Second post best post. While I do love MBDTF I think pic related is pretty accurate.

OP here, I kind agree with what I expected and What I got.

context as other people have mentioned, but it just so happens also that it's kanye's most truthful, personal, and self-critical. lyrically he postures himself as a person with immense power and influence who can reflect on it with shame and even disgust.

musically this shines the most though. it's expansive and tasteful and maximal all at the same time, like a renaissance painting (even if this didn't seem true, he used renaissance paintings as influence for the album).

he effortlessly crosses boundaries of the conscience and the gangster, the r&b crooner and the true MC. it's wholly and unquestionably a kanye record from start to finish, with precise focus on what makes that true. his flows and lyrics may not be technically unrivaled, or even boastable, but there's so much kanye in them. humor, confidence, self awareness, and pain all wrapped up in a perfectly matched musical package.

a song like Runaway, where the emotion in his voice is suppressed by a cracked mask of distortion, a cue of his artistry and posture coming to terms with his failings and regrets.

Songs like Power and Dark Fantasy, where he conflates his wealth and influence with feelings of perpetual inadequacy even to the extent of suicide.

i can go on forever about this album; it's so important that it came out how and when it did and i hope no one ever forgets that.

Everything

Devil in a New Dress

Gorgeous

I agree but it's still great poppy hip hop
best in that area. slam most of these tunes on with mates and they love it

POWER

jerking yourself and kanye off this hard to justify liking a 6/10 album...

everything [spoiler]besides so appalled[/spoiler]

Gorgeous

t. soyboy Death Grips fan

Best kanye album coming through

I used to love this album so much, but after a while I realized it's an 8/10 album that's carried hard by POWER
Without POWER that album would be garbage desu

agreed

>shitty and unecessary skits
>shitty and unecessary features
>only half of the album has good songs and rest of the half are shit
>so many boring and shitty songs
>"best album"

Discrediting a well written opinion with a reply like that....

BLAME
GAME

Fuck off Anthony Fagtano