ITT: NBA Real talk, no stats, no titles, nothing, just say it

who's the GOAT?

in my opinion, Kobe is the GOAT, played in the WEST, thats the pivotal point of the greatest of all time, Jordan proved to be a beautiful player to watch and LeBron just willing the Cavs organization to another level, alot of kudos to MJ and LeBron but in my eyes, Kobe is way way better

It's

MJ>Kobr>>>>>>>dogshit>>>>lelbron

explain why

LeBron. If you want to give him shit for being LeGM that's fine and another argument but on the court he has willed some of the most overrated dogshit to the finals year after year. By some measures this was the worst team he got to the finals(even worse than the 07 team). Only a favorite in 2/8 of the finals he's been to.

yeah, and lets not forget he won against a 73-9 team, physically he is a freak, played in a great era with and against the best talent, LeBron in hisera faced Kobe, McGrady, Vince Carter, Durant...Jordan faced Bird and Magic but he never beat those guys until they got old, and Jordan aside from Bird and Magic, never had a real "Jordan-esque" player to finally have a competition, LeBron had to face Jordan 2.0 *Kobe* and so many talents that are still playing nowadays and he has to face them in the Finals, LeBron played the "lemme do the sacrifice for this team"

he is a boss, yes indeed, i understand hate tho, but you have to see the facts

>By some measures this was the worst team he got to the finals(even worse than the 07 team)
Let's not be fucking ridiculous. It was a good team; not championship material without Lebron, but a good team.

Cast my vote for lelbron

Yo let's see his defensive numbers???? This old crusty fuck got lit up all series.

MJ is the king.

Reminder that anyone who says LeBron has simply forgotten that he lost 5 out of 8 finals appearances and had to jump teams twice onto altering superteams in order to get a finals win.

They were either 1-7 or 0-8 this year when he sat. Granted love and Irving sat some of them too but not all. Loves good, irvings decent but in competition with John wall as the most overrated player in the league, Thompson's overpaid, Smith's a stone cold gunner when hot but when not is useless, and their bench play was the reason the finals weren't competitive. That was a 2007-tier team he took and people don't see it.

Lol he had to do that and defend Durant because their only other options were shitty shumpert or geriatric Jefferson. Meanwhile he did that on offense while the warriors rotated a half dozen fresh bodies on his ass.

LeBron is the greatest player of all time even though Jordan is more accomplished

neither MJ nor LeBron won titles with someone arguably better

Shaq is the understated force and wherever he went he turned teams into title contenders

anybody who thinks kobe is goat is the ultimate casual

Kareem is the true GOAT. The best player at every level of the sport, and had the longest, best career.

kareem is probably the best to ever play all things considered, but lebron is easily the most talented player to play the sport. You can bitch about finals records and what not all you want, but at his best lebron is exceptional

>Isiah Thomas and the bad boy pistons exist hue

In a world when Jordan is the household name, it's very ironic how true that is.

Kobe has no place in this talk.

Pippen was arguably better
Without Jordan on the Bulls he made the ECF
Jordan without Pippen on the Bulls was first round exit godemperor

Pippen wasn't 7'2, 320 lbs. with 30 ppg and 10 rpg averages

Pippen was a good player and Shaq was the king of everything within 15 feet of the paint

Getting Phil Jackson and the late 80's Celtics and Bulls declining have a lot more to do with the breakthrough

thinking jordan is the goat is also a casual answer but imo that one makes a little more sense

Scottie Pippen wasn't a guaranteed starter until 1990, the year before they won the title. Pippen without Jordan DIDN'T made the ECF, he made it to the second round and lost to the Knicks in 7. `

That's the ironic part.

yes I got that lol, I was just saying that one is a little more reasonable to me

Kobe shouldn't even be in the conversation
It just shows the lack of bball knowledge anyone who unironically includes Kobe and I say this as a huge fan but I'm not a retard

MJ and it's not even close. LeBron mastered the game. Jordan changed it.

League changes all the time, Jordan did nothing but patiently wait till Pistons and Celtics worn out.

Unless you mean making NBA players viable for profitable marketing campaigns.

And I do think Jordan should be in this conversation, but he did as much as Jeremy Lin in terms of changing the game.

Kareem

kek

Kareem and Bird and Russell and Wilt and Duncan and Magic are all better than LeBron and Kobe. Kobe isn't even in the discussion you dumb faggot.

Sounds you never actually watched Mike play.

>Pistons were worn out.
Jordan undeniably changed the game. He made it the world wide popular sport that it is today. He's the reason why people can make so much money from the sport

I did user, but please do tell how he changed the game.

I literally addressed the whole making NBA players viable for marketing campaigns. But the game remains the same.

He basically took being an athlete and make it into an enterprise.

but he was Detroit Pistons bitch before they got old

To be fair, Nike took America by surprise with their campaigns back then. Bo knows.

also:
> Thomas playing like half a season due to injuries
> Laimbeer retiring
> Coach Chuck D leaving short after
Pistons worn out m8, it's well known that Jordan couldn't make during the 80s. Nothing wrong with that, those Pistons and Celtics teams were great.

Honestly, these arguments are retarded.

MJ and LeBron are entirely different players from different eras.

I never mentioned LeBron

Thomas wasn't injuries in the playoffs. The team was fine and the whole "worn out" thing is just revisionist history. They were the back to back champions

How is the pistons average age 27.2 when everyone on the roster is 27 or older?

Okay.. well, then you're just going back even further.

> players come back 100% from injuries
user, Thomas wasn't healthy, hell he retired relatively young due to injuries he carried.

judging by their record without lebron, they wouldnt even make the playoffs without him.

>le only beat le great teams when they got aids man
>le my team got to the ECSF when I retired man
>le cucked by babby shaq in 95 man

I was just replying at the whole "changing the game" thing. I'm not even shitting on Jordan, but part of his mythos is due to an aggressive marketing campaign.

And I do believe he should be number one, but the other five spots all have an argument against him.

you forgot
>first round exit against celtics man
>didn't make it to playoffs man

refballed the fuck out in the 2nd you mean, the fact he made it that far just shows how good he was. look at how lebrons team perform when he doesnt play, for fucks sake in the finals he only had like 90 seconds of rest per game.

Durant is way better than Kobrick and Jordan and superior to LeBron.
Durant>>>LeBron>>>>>>>Jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobrick

>losing more NBA finals than you win
This really should be the standard a GOAT should be measured by, guys. The more spectacularly and frequently you lose the better you are. You can't make this shit up. Don't even try.

>but the other five spots all have an argument against him.

Agreed. It's not an objective case - no matter what numbers you throw at it.

Kareem is true GOAT though... The true patrician's choice.

I guess bill russel is the goat then right?

>inb4 REEEE NO IM ALLOWED TO CHANGE THE CRITERIA WHEN IT SUITS MY DADDY REEEE

I don't know if this is a measurement for a GOAT, but if I had to draft one player for my franchise Id draft Duncan over Jordan and definitely LeBron or Kobe.

> not picking Dennis Rodman and giving him a gun

I just think it's crazy Lebron can join a team and he can get them to the finals.

I guess i would do that if I was starting my franchise in like 86
Those early Cavs teams were straight dogshit. Wonder if he could take a team like the Magic as is to the finals.

I wish Lebron was traded to the Spurs early in his career, that would've been godlike

He's gonna lose one more final then sign veteran min to Spurs and they gonna run green at the 2 and Kawhi and LeBron both as 3s, with LMA as C. It's gonna be weird basketball, but they'll annihilate GSW but the Pelicans will be a bogey team.

>Kareem is true GOAT though
this desu

MJ

Reminder to ignore Bronsexuals and not respond to them

>this autistic

>no arguments

>thinking you ever had one
Cute

3-5 that gold standard

Jordan and Kobe played against better competition and we're better winners. That's ultimately what it comes down to.

>Jordan and Kobe played against better competition
Is this bait? Even the 2011 Mavs are better than the Suns,Utah or Nets

You're right. They'll make nonsensical excuses till they're blue in the face. But you're right. No one likes a loser.

>he actually believes this
for sure barkley and the literal whos was better than the spurs my man, 100%.

You probably think last years warriors are the greatest team of all time too

>tf
>tt

top lelz there, enrique

And Lebron got BTFO by them. The 00's spurs were waaaay better than 2014 btw.

>literal whos
this is how I know you have no idea what you're talking about. kevin johnson was literally kyrie irving + basketball IQ and majerle was a non retarded klay thompson. you just destroyed whatever minimal cred you had there, brev.. i'm pretty embarrassed for you tbqh m12

This Warriors core would crush any 90's and 80's teams with ease.

>The 00's spurs were waaaay better than 2014 btw.
No they weren't. Tactically the 14's spurs were way better than any 00's team

Why are Yuros even allowed to post outside their divekick threads?

>2007 when he shouldnt have been there anyway
>2014 when wade and bosh were ass
inb4 b-but ray allen

>1980 playoffs 3 points made
Yeah any all time great team would just get outscored by the current Orlando Magic

thats sounds like a comeback any american would fall back on in any situation
try realistically explaining why the warriors could be beaten by a 90s team

Jordan was the man, the absolute man. There's a reason Space Jam exists.

Kobe is the closest thing to him, bar none. So Kobe is the 2nd GOAT.

Lebron is a triple double machine who can do it all. So was Magic Johnson. The difference was Magic Johnson won more.

Lebron loses in the finals a lot. Make whatever justification for this you like. I won't even argue against you. But if you lose more than you win, you're a loser. It's pretty straight up.

Peyton Manning is totally the GOAT

thats mudskin thinking right there. LeBron is better than Jordan at everything. So LeBron is the GOAT. And if you say Jordan is a better 3 pt shooter, look at career percentages. If you say Jordan is better on defense because of 1st team all defense, have Jordan guard a 4 or a 5 and tell me how he does.

>But if you lose more than you win, you're a loser.
True

Anyone assuming any sort of retarded cross era/generational bullshit is automatically not worth the time.

Surely, you realize the impossible triviality of this whole charade.

then why doesnt it show in his win record

>There's a reason Space Jam exists.
The man got his father killed, same reason why he went to play baseball.

Would've won more titles if he stayed, tho. But many of the things surrounding Jordan were influenced by sponsors and media.

so why are you on this thread? to drop your knowledge, tip your fedora and leave?

*memes.pdf

just so happens when you play against 26 hall of famers in the finals, you lose some

>you lose some
You mean most.

>LeBron is better than Jordan at everything

especially choking in the clutch, turnovers and crying from "cramping"

desu the only thing LeBron has over MJ is his frame. he's a physical freak but technically inferior in every way to MJ. Even Kobe is miles beyond LeBron in footwork, offensive IQ and shot arsenal/scoring versatility. lebron has 1 move and it's been his bread and butter since AAU. he bulls his way into the paint and lays it up. he's a machine.. but he's boring.

the warriors have brought more interest into the NBA than LeBron ever will. generating buzz is the true the sign of greatness and LeBron has none of that in him

Shaq's greatest talent was being huge, so no

World ain't fair, someone can be better than you just because he's bigger.

sounds like SOMEONE needs the mamba mentality

I think Basketball Historians would side with Kobe if he continues on with his current venture. He'll be a better ambassador for the game than both Lebron and Mike simply because he's lending his Basketball IQ for the future of the game by molding the young aspirants to understanding the game.

Of them 3, Kobe I think has it in him to coach. He's far different from Jordan when it comes to patience, He may have less talent than both Mike and Lebron, but I think he's got more willpower than both. This is a person who's genuine when he's focused on doing something, whatever he's doing.

So in terms of potential post-career, I see Kobe trumping both Mike and Lebron as an executive or coach.

I shat all over lebron during the past 3 years but don't even bring kobe in this, it's not even close. lebron is a lot better than Kobe. Kobe is a ridiculously overrated player.

>muh space jam
fucking idiot

lol give lebron a prime shaq and he would literally 5 peat

Kobr. If there is anyone who benefitted the most from kobr's greatness, it is mj.
Lelbron is a joke. Anybody who is too afraid to take the possible winning shot in a game, is just a vagina. And those excuses everytime his team loses...

fuckin retarded sand nigger cant comprehend basketball, go back to your bug sport nigger

Wow you are a super casual fan and you should kill yourself. LeBron has one of the highest basketball IQs ever and you cant appreciate that because you dont watch basketball. Also LeBron is more clutch then Jordan, he shoots a higher percentage than Kobrick and is only a couple percentage points off from Michael. Also LeBron is a better passer, rebounder, and complete scorer than Jordan. He shoots a higher 2P% and 3P% than jordan. Also averages more career assists and rebounds and . Do some research faggot.