What's Sup Forums opinion about VAR on football?

What's Sup Forums opinion about VAR on football?

Other urls found in this thread:

matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2017-06-17-la-galaxy-vs-houston-dynamo/details/video/107392
youtube.com/watch?v=ecJQBA5TmUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no era penal

will it be used in clubs football and the next wc?

if this gets aproved real madid won't win another CL

Good idea, shit implementation

same goes for barcelona and bayern

It will be used in serie a

Shit idea, good implementation

Seeing it in the a league it worked ok. Ruins the flow a bit yes but if it means Korea 04 can be prevented why not

Good shit, idea implementation

By that logic Juventus wont win anything ever

mfw all titles go vacant

Ah yea shit my bad

football always had video reviews, idiot

Wrong calls will still happen, also because a lot of thing in football are due to intepretation of the refree but it will help

It's definitely a good thing, and should be implemented in all professional leagues worldwide.

It certainly would've helped when my Houston Dynamo got cucked by the refs a couple days ago against the LA Galaxy, who were clearly offside on their game-tying goal in the 2-2 draw. Should've been a Dynamo win, and video replay CLEARLY showed LA offside, but hey, I guess the ref/linesman didn't want to get shat on by the home LA crowd, so they let the goal stand instead of reviewing and overturning it.

Nah, I'm not still salty about this. Not at all.

so how far back can the ref recall the play?

if there is some slight offside 2 minutes before the goal, do they just go all the way back to it?

I think it's good in the long run, but early attempts at implementation will always turn out somewhat clumsy.

Just give it a little time.

webm?

Ah, this'll take a bit to find one. Hang on.

if it's immediate, aka less than 5 seconds, ok.
if not, it's unbearable for everybody, worse than a guy faking an injury. so no

Here's the best I can find with my weak google-fu; it doesn't have the best angle to show the offside (the instant replay I saw during the game showed the linesman's view where the offside was clear to see), but it does show the play in general.

matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2017-06-17-la-galaxy-vs-houston-dynamo/details/video/107392

It's the best thing that happened to the sport in recent years. Only fans of corrupt clubs complain about fairness and adherence to the law.

RIP football

no only if they go directly on goal after the foul.

They need to go full handegg and invent some clear hand signals and give refs mics to explain decisions to the crowd.

I like it. Just provide more clarity during the game for viewers at home and fans at the stadium. Why weren't we able to get this picture at the moment?

t. Diego Armando

This

I wish for a return to traditional football when Steaua could win the European Cup or Videoton could make it to the UEFA final. I hope VAR is a step in the right direction

korea happened because of bribery, all you have to do is bribe all the ref, including the ones behind the monitors

>tfw chelsea dominate champions league from here on out

anything that goes against refballing, fouling and flopping is pro football

Well, why not

I don't like football like I used to. Got tired of halal Madrid winning its C1 thanks to referees.
English teams gettin 8 minutes in injury time.
Juve gettin penalties without even tryin.
Barça and Messi gettin protected as fuck.

Always the same shit.

It's ok.

We won't have it here because it's expensive though.

Delete this

no

Should've happened a long time ago. There's always room for improvement, but something is way better than nothing in this case.

They should just change the offside rule so it only considers the position of the feet

Great idea. Just get it right. Fuck these purist cucks.

can't they just put two robots on rails at the sides that have lasers and move at the same time as the last man on defense and then a buzzard sounds when there's an offside?

lets say there's a clear penalty but the ref doesnt blow the whistle, will the VAR stop the game and award the penalty or you still get robbed?

you would need to have the robot know when the ball leaves a players foot for that to happen

It's simple, just change the offside rule so that it's offside when the player touches the ball and not when the passer kicks it

Multiball when?

>if this gets aproved real madid won't win another CL

what's that, the non-penalty awarded to bayern in the first leg? or lewa being offside on the second leg on ramos' OG? I wonder what part of the reffering benefiting Madrid you are referring to

Barcelona, perhaps. IF this was implemented then Bayern would have gone on instead of UEFAdrid.

The Offsides goals you Mong.

Even if you take the two offside goals off, Madrid ties 2-2 and makes it to the next round

If you take Lewa's goal off, game doesn't go to OT and Madrid qualifies anyway

It's a shit argument, you fags have trouble accepting the fact that Madrid rolled over everyone this season other than Barca

Bayern wouldnt have won the CL in 2013 with VAR

6-3, 2 refball goals for real 1 for bayern = 4-2

You get robbed. Refballing through fouls is a thing that can't really be helped because the rules in just about every sport are written in a way that is "open to the interpretation of the ref", so there's never a consensus on it. I'm pretty sure not even american sports let you challenge and review fouls because it'd create more problems than solve.
VAR should initially be used in every scoring play to look for offsides and handballs, which are pretty objective. Once FIFA manages to get that right they could think about implementing it for other stuff.

Now one thing FIFA is doing completely wrong is the replays during VAR. No one wants to see the refs looking at the play, they want to see the play itself. Show the cameras and angles they're seeing so the people watching can see if it really was the right decision. Showing a dark room with 3 people looking at a monitor when you can't even see what is on the monitor is pretty damn silly.

The idea is good, though they need to do what they do in Rugby and let people in the stadium see the replay

>tf
>tp
You made me reply, I'll give you that

>its a "the league gets suspended indefinetly again because the refs riot cause no VAR to help them and the AUF have no money to buy the video equipment needed so they sell the rights to Paco again, but in the end peñarol and nacional end up paying for the whole thing just to get the league going again, but ironically when VAR is needed to help them out it misteriously wasnt working that day" episode

Getting real tired of these reruns tbqh lad

youtube.com/watch?v=ecJQBA5TmUs

>hurr durr look at me I am retard
Prove it or stop spreading your idiocy

>grown people play imaginary games from a children's book

not good, stops the game for too long. if i wanted to watch 12 minutes of action spread across 4 hours i'd go back to watching NFL.

call me crazy, but what I like the most in football is the human factor

all the bantering and shitposting about questionable fouls, offsides and penalties are a good part of the football experience for me and this will be a real boner killer

No, there will still be discussions about fouls ("was it enough to give a penulty?"), handballs ("was it intentional?") and strictness of bookings ("was that red card deserved or too harsh?")

Only the offside discussions will end and those don't leave much room for discussions anyway, since they're pretty clear most of the time.