Can someone tell me with a straight face that any of these teams would be competitive in the modern era...

Can someone tell me with a straight face that any of these teams would be competitive in the modern era? Nostalgiafags are cancer.They forget how many bricks their idols needed to score a pathetic midranger.Just imagine the havoc that any modern NBA team would have caused in the early 00's

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xZ7KflMDNOo
nobodytouchesjordan.blogspot.ba/2014/09/section-4-jordan-never-faced-zone-myth.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=xZ7KflMDNOo
Just look how bad they are lmao.It is D-league tier

>modern NBA Spain shitposter back at it again
Get a life, kid

>the autistic Spanish Durant nuthugger

The irony of you posting that pic along with your statement is noteworthy.

Do you see how he protects the ball against physical contact with his arm? This situation you won't find in today's NBA too often. It was a different game back then. That doesn't make it any worse. Scoring has never been so easy as today.

>Do you see how he protects the ball against physical contact with his arm? This situation you won't find in today's NBA too often.
They called a fault in that play you spastic Kraut. How are you going to justify me the static mid ranger iso bricks? Even the Magic have better offense than those Sizxers and even the Lakers.

First of all you're under the assumption that if they're playing in the newer Era they would be playing like they would in their Era which they wouldn't they could adjust.

Second of all these are NBA players, one things that's going to transfer regardless of their era is their defense. Your 40 threes a game offense is cute, but when it's getting locked up on defense it doesn't matter.

Again these are NBA level talent players, you can put them in any era and they'll probably produce. A.I on a modern team would put up way better numbers than he did back then.

>You now remember Aaron McGee and Eric Snow

>this autistic Lakgod/GOATbe hating spanish fag shitposting again
Seen this episode too many times.

That Lakers team would beat the Warriors in 5 if that. What the fuck would the Warriors do about Shaq? Also Frobe was better than Durant by miles

That era wasn't long ago, Kobe and Lebron played in the same league and Kobe was better. Shaq was still good into is forties.

Average 90s team players would dominate the Warriors, you telling me Steph Curry would stand a chance against Shawn Fecking Kemp on D??

You telling me that Draymond would be able lock down Penny Fricking Hardaway??

Hell Nah! This modern era is lame, KD exposed Curry for the meme Chucker he is, he's completely left him in his shadow in his debut season, and people were talking about him and Klay as two of the leagues finest! Ha!

>they wouldn't they could adjust.
Yeah seeing Kobrick bricking catch and shoot was so effective for the Lakers.
>Second of all these are NBA players, one things that's going to transfer regardless of their era is their defense.
The defence was garbage. Please watch the match
>40 threes a game offense is cute, but when it's getting locked up on defense it doesn't matter.
3's are usually shot uncontested.
>A.I on a modern team would put up way better numbers than he did back then.
>Le hog the ball to shoot a contested brick
He would be a bench warmer

>Kemp on Curry
>Draymond on Penny
think you mean the other way round, britfriend

No team from the past would survive in the social media era. Jordan would be eviscerated especially with the break he took. Rodman would have some legendary psychotic tweets. There would have been a lot of racism that the NBA would have to apologize for.

Shaq would average 50-20 in this small ball era.

>That Lakers team would beat the Warriors in 5 if that.
Kek.
>What the fuck would the Warriors do about Shaq?
Static defence and hacking him
>Also Frobe was better than Durant by miles
Kek. He is worse in every metric. Sophomore Durant is comparable to Prime Kobrick
>That era wasn't long ago, Kobe and Lebron played in the same league and Kobe was better.
Kek. No he wasn't. In fact Kobrick wasn't even a top 5 player since the 2003 draft
>Shaq was still good into is forties.
Shaq was a meme after he left the Lakers

You probably think you're more impressive than a conquistador. Protip: you're a fag.

>Shaq would average 50-20 in this small ball era.
>Put a bench warmer
>Hack Shaq
>Make Shaq run
By the end of the second quarter Shaq would be too tired to play. Ignorant 2k babies like yourself are cancer

Prime Shaq would eat all these small ball line ups alive

>Yeah seeing Kobrick bricking catch and shoot was so effective for the Lakers.

5 rings, so yeah it was pretty effective.

>3's are usually shot uncontested.

Doesn't matter when the other team is forcing you off the 3 line to drive

>He would be a bench warmer

If you needed a reminder on why you'll never be a scout or a GM.

Dubs outscored opponents by 17 per 100 plays when only Curry was playing, compared to 2.5 when only KD was playing.

>Kobrick wasn't even a top 5 player since the 2003 draft

Groundbreaking strat i'm sure no coaches during Shaq's three peat run thought of that.

Yeah you can foul shaq and put your team in the bonus if you want, it's just going to make Kobe get to the line easier and make it harder to play defense on their team.

Also

>foul shaq
>Make him run to get tired

Yeah i'm sure all that resting he'll get from being at the line a bunch sure we'll make him tired genius.

this. OP is a deluded twat

fuck you for reminding me of this faggot and his comics

>Doesn't realize you could foul Shaq in the post and he'll still score.

>Prime shaq
Ahahaha he is the most overrated big man of all time. How would he eat up a small ball line up if he is literally too slow to be effective outside of the key? Sure he'd get all the rebounds but when your team is 40% from behind the arc you don't need a lot of 2nd chances. And his offense is broken by something as simple as forcing him to brick free throws. Of all former stars shaq would translate the worst to today's game. I agree with you about A.I. he's practically the originator of the 3 shot and elite handle approach.

>5 rings, so yeah it was pretty effective.
>Kobe played catch and shoot in any of his rings
Moron
>Doesn't matter when the other team is forcing you off the 3 line to drive
If you spreed the defence it is easier to get a dunk or a layup dummie
>If you needed a reminder on why you'll never be a scout or a GM.
A.I is an outdated player just like Magic or Kareem.If you don't see any new Magic Johnson,A.I or Kareem is because those kind of players can't crack it with the new tactics
He wasn't
>Kobe get to the line easier
Kobe was unefficient garbage.Letting him chuck shots is great
>Fouling Shaq in the post

>he's practically the originator of the 3 shot
He was Barkley tier from behind the arc.He was just good at crossovers and laying it up

If you go small odds are you don't have you scrub bench mob in to foul him, which means you're getting your starters in foul trouble. You're going to have to defend him in the post which he'll get a 2 every time if you're going small.

>Avg .313 career behind arc
>Was the sole creator on his teams
>In an era when nobody else played like that
Really activated my almonds there Spaniard

OP is 100% correct.

In the history of sports...athletes have OBJECTIVELY been better than their predecessors in every single sport. including basketball.

Jordan was an 52% eFG shooter in his prime. Curry is at 58%.

Basketball needed educated white males to figure out that nigger/chaos/iso ball was inefficient and you could generate more points per possession by with less hero chucking.

a perfect paragon of the real world.

Like said, you are assuming that these teams would just be dropped into the modern NBA and play in their old style, which isn't really fair.

What if the Showtime Lakers all learned to shoot threes? What about Bird's Celtics? Those teams were filled with Hall of Famers, you don't think they could learn to adjust to the modern game?

>Going small means you don't have bench players in
Are you retarded? Even the warriors small lineup is made by subbing iguodala in for another big like zaza or javale.

A.I. could create a shot...doesn't mean hed hit it though.

Hes I.T. with better handles in the modern NBA

>Avg .313 career behind arc
Yeah fucking horrible
>Was the sole creator on his teams
There are tons players like that in history.None were as shit as AI
>In an era when nobody else played like that
A.I wasn't the first memedriblerbricker

>Basketball needed educated white males to figure out that nigger/chaos/iso ball was inefficient

Kyrie and Lebron still thrive off ISO ball. It's just a different style. Put three point shooters for spacing then ISO. They won a championship against Curry doing this.

>What if the Showtime Lakers all learned to shoot threes?
How? Magic was a horrible shooter and Kareem could just do his niche meme shot that became obsolete pretty fast.Those kind of players are death for a reason

This better be trolling. Kemp is definitely not better than AD.

I would say Kemp had the same impact Cousins now has(not to say they are the same type of player morons, but that they increase their teams chances of winning about the same). Which doesn't even allow his team to sniff a conferance finals much less a championship.

This is true. Old fucks are either delusional or narcissistic liars always telling the young gen how great the old days were. Old fucks are always stat padding their lifts maxes etc.
>Human race has steadily increased in size and strength for centuries
>Old records in every sport are surpassed every year
>Yet somehow EVERBODY was bigger stronger faster back in the day if you talk to an old fuck.
So everyone was just shit at record keeping back in the day or what?

Kareem could absolutely learn to shoot threes. In fact I'd argue that if he did he'd be unstoppable in today's game, particularly Kareem from the 70s when he was in his prime.

He averaged over 20 points a game CAREER. find me another player from his era who had a better 3 rate, a better points avg, and carried teams on their back
>Pro tip. You can't.

They won a championship by Brian Windhurst(a former cavs nut hugger/beat writer for 6 years) run a "DRAYMOND SHOULD BE SUSPENDED" article on ESPN for a whole weekend. After they got Dray suspended...they went back in game 6 and basically fouled curry out while he was walking up the court.

NBA rigged bullshit. Putting lotion on the cavs asshole because they didnt want that brown/dead ass city to commit a collective suicide by getting btfo by the warriors for a 2nd(would be third) straight year.

cavs

I also forgot to mention...this is the history of the 100m swimming freestyle.

>Kareem could absolutely learn to shoot threes
And you would get Pau Gasol
>He averaged over 20 points a game CAREER
Not that weird.
>find me another player from his era who had a better 3 rate, a better points avg, and carried teams on their back
R.Miller.He scored less on average because he wasn't a stupid memechucker

>He scored less
>Not a stupid meme chucker
>TFW too intelligent to score.

He scored well and was way more efficient.He just didn't take as many contested bricks as Iverson and shot less

>Efficiency matters when you still score less points than the other team
Your level of autism is truly astounding.

>Efficiency matters when you still score less points than the other team
When did I say that? I would take Curry over Westbrook anyday.And Westbrook scores more than Curry,but he needs 60% more shots than CUrry to score the same amount of points

You implied it when you tried to use efficiency rate to prove a literal who was better than a.i. and now you're using the false equivalency fallacy by switching the argument to curry and Westbrook. Two completely different players from a different era. Just admit that a.i. was a dynamic player who could play any era. Pls. For your sake. Stop making a fool of yourself.

>B-But ISO ball IS OLD AND BAD

Face it, Lebron James should be getting 10 free throws a game, Warriors are lucky the refs don't call a foul on them when he drives.

And Draymond should've been suspended in the OKC series when they where down 3-1. If that happens OKC makes the finals.

>cavs

>literal who
>R.Miller
You are just a whiger that started to watch basketball in 2001.The comparison is legit

Current iso players are better than older iso players.Durant on iso scores more points per play than Jordan.

Zaza and Javale would get raped by Shaq. What bigs have they had to guard in this era? This era has a bunch of undersized twink centers. Meanwhile Shaq put up great numbers against legit centers with more size and experience playing against centers with post games.

Fucking Old Duncan was productive in today's NBA. Shaq would murder these faggots.

It goes both ways really, back in the day when they could maul you on defense and you had to play through it, taking a modern player like curry and having him play through that he wouldn't put up any of the numbers he does now.

It's the reason why the Cavs shut down Curry last year, they played physical with him and made him a non factor cause his style doesn't work against that. Players like Lebron James are people who could play in that type of era because his style and body allows for it, same with KD.

In the modern era you would take Curry over Westbrook but back in the day Westbrook would be better than Curry.

The Spurs being up 25 before Zaza mauling Kawhi disproves everything that is said about modern memeball.

>Zaza and Javale would get raped by Shaq.
Shaq was nothing special without Sternball.Olajuwon humilliated him for a reason
>What bigs have they had to guard in this era?
AD is better than Shaq
>This era has a bunch of undersized twink centers.
Shaq is 7 feet tall.That is Durant's height
>Meanwhile Shaq put up great numbers against legit centers with more size and experience playing against centers with post games.
No.He was garbage against good centers until Sternball kicked in when he moved to LA
>Fucking Old Duncan was productive in today's NBA. Shaq would murder these faggots.
He wasn't productive at all.Even then Duncan is a way better player than Shaq

Curry was injured last year.Shit comparison.Curry would be dropping 40 ppg in the 90's

>Implying javale and zaza wouldn't just be there to foul/hockey enforcer him
I would LOVE to see javale flagrant 1 O'Neil just to put that thin skinned nigger in his place. Best part is zaza comes in and just stands underneath the hoop after shaq gets one dunk and breaks his ankle when he comes down

Thats because Durant is surrounded by shooters and is playing in meme 3 era which spreads the floor and allows him to have easy 1v1s on every ISO. Jordan didnt have such luxuries.

>Thats because Durant is surrounded by shooters and is playing in meme 3 era which spreads the floor and allows him to have easy 1v1s on every ISO. Jordan didnt have such luxuries.
Durant on OKC scored more points per possesion than Jordan and OKC was pure heroball ISO ball

Shaq was beta as fuck.I still remember the face that he got when Barkley BTFOed him in a fight.He was always a crybaby and a pussy

>Shaq is 7 feet tall.That is Durant's height
Shaq's 300+ lbs though

You put Jordan on this Warriors team he'll put up numbers, shit that's with any old HOF player.

Having Jordan go around multiple screens for a open shot, having the lane WIDE open because you're surrounded by shooters that's easy money for anybody

My point was that players are as big as they were before.Small ball is just more efficient than having a fat fuck bricking 3 footers.Shaq was nothing without Stern

>You put Jordan on this Warriors team he'll put up numbers
Durant has basically the same efficiency as he had in OKC.Jordan was a mediocre shooter that relied on 3 footers which are totally obsolete by this point.

Hahahaha
>It's better to be a fat fuck in today's pace and space era
I can just picture the warriors playing monkey in the middle with his fatass. Passing round and round til he collapsed tongue out on the court.

All the 18 year olds need to leave

>Hakeem humiliated
Some weird myth. Shaq averaged 28 points on 59.5% shooting with 12.5 rebounds and 6.3 assists.
>AD is better than Shaq
Nah
>Shaq is 7 ft. tall. That is Durant's height
Shaq has an inch on Durant. You also don't know what twink means.
>No he was garbage against good centers
Just look at his numbers you dumb nigger.
>He wasn't productive at all
36 year old Duncan averaged 17.8 ppg, 9.9 rebounds, 2.7 assists on 50.4% shooting. 36 year old Tim Duncan.

dear lord Shaq would rape today's centers who just want to memeball all day. Can you imagine the calls Shaq would get in today's NBA? Today's centers never had to deal with a center his size that is that skilled.

Warriors struggled to even beat Memphis this season (Lost to them TWICE this year) with a old Zach Randolph and 40 year old Vince Carter yet you think they'll walk over PRIME shaq lul. You can tell who the underage are on this board.

AD drops 40 on the warriors like it's nothing, The kings with Boogie give them a run as well cause they can't handle him in the post. Yet Prime Shaq can't hang with them LEL

>All the ignorant 30 something's need to leave
Kareem, doc j, and wilt the stilt would schooled his fatass too. This isn't the NFL. He's not a left tackle. Speed and agility is the name of the game bub.

Imagine Bruce Bowen defending on these weak as fuck niggas nowaday
Imagine Ben Wallace going hard in the paint for a rebound against the current centers

>Regular season games are proof of things
Ishydbt

Speed and agility is the name of the game because a lot of these centers have shit offensive skills. It's a dead art and a lot of the promising centers that had that kind of skill all died from injuries. Okafor? Not even close to as talented as 18 year old Shaq on offense, and he sucks ass at defense. Shaq wasn't Duncan or Garnett, but he wasn't complete ass at defense. He was really productive in that area, and the only problem he had was pick and roll defense which he played under the entire time. Teams knew it back then.

The closest comparison to Shaq in today's NBA is Dwight and Dwight's offensive skills are complete ass compared to Shaq's.

>Just imagine the havoc that any modern NBA team would have caused in the early 00's

The rules of the game were literally different in the early 00's, as was the entire style of the game.

>36 year old Duncan averaged 17.8 ppg, 9.9 rebounds, 2.7 assists on 50.4% shooting. 36 year old Tim Duncan.
36 years old Duncan was better than Shaq

It's rare to find a center the size of Shaq that's athletic as he was. for his size he was fast (7 foot and 300 pounds) and could jump out the gym which is what made him special. Must people his size are Slow footed and can't even dribble the ball.

What part of "meme 3" era did you not understand? Of course he will be more efficient in point per possesion metrics when he is a seven foot lanklet playing in a system and a culture which allows him to shoot tons of threes per game. And his teammates on the Warriors make the defenders focus on too many players at once and in turn make Durants ISO job easier. His ISO numbers at OKC have been paded by regular season performances but I remember him throwing plenty of bricks in the playoffs environment.

>And you would get Pau Gasol

Kareem would be about a thousand times better at doing what Gasol does than Gasol is, and has ever been. Much better defense, for one thing.

Durant averaged like 10 free throws a game which padded his stats (like harden this year) that's why he wasn't as good in the play offs when they didn't call fouls as much which made him do his mid range ISO brick a thon

It's also rare to find someone with so much potential but was literally too lazy to fix his free throw game.

You were saying that he plays with floor spread. In OKC he played pure heroball and had better scoring stats than Jordan. Jordan was garbage at shots that are 5+ feet from the basket

Kareem played in an era were a 3 was shot in an entire playoff draft. He is Gasol without good midrange and 3 point range.

>eric snow has a ring and not AI

He still had better spacing in OKC than Jordan had in his time where every team played zone against him. Durann heroball stats are boosted because the threes he takes are usually over inferior defenders (who the fuck can even guard someone as tall and agile on the line) and by the fact he gets a lot of star treatment from the refs during regular season, like said.

>Jordan was garbage at shots that are 5+ feet from the basket
Because he focused his game on shots that were >5 feet from the basket. And he still was elite with those shots even when his paint got clogged by teams literally reinventing their defences to stop him.

How does anyone bare with the NBA nowadays. I tried to watch it again and it felt awful. Is there any reason to watch the next season at this point?

Iverson would average 40 ppg in this NBA, Juan

randomly went to 28:30, that defense by Raja Bell on Kobe is literally outlawed now, dumb Spainposter

>than Jordan had in his time where every team played zone against him

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

Iverson is as efficient as Westbrick but without the assits and the rebounds

nobodytouchesjordan.blogspot.ba/2014/09/section-4-jordan-never-faced-zone-myth.html?m=1

In an era where that was normal for guards and the tempo was slower, use your brain

>He still had better spacing in OKC than Jordan
Have you ever watched OKC? It was just Westbrook and Durant heroballing and shooting contested shots
>star treatment
Bringing this when you are defending Michael "Sternball"Jordan is just stupid. Jordan did a weird layup and he automatically got 2 FTs
>Because he focused his game on shots that were >5 feet from the basket
>Jordan has less respurces than Durant therefor he is better
Is this supposed to be an argument,n

>In an era where that was normal for guard
If the era is worse it means jack shit. Also by your mistakes it is pretty damn obvious that you are a damn Chicano. Learn some grammar. Cunt

retard, they had different rules for defense see , 28:30 from your own clip

And Iverson still shot worse from 3+ feet than DeMarcus Cousins,which are most of the shots done by guards in the current NBA. Iverson wouldn't even be drafted currently

Yes I did, heroball is easier for superstars in regular season when defences arent as locked in, see how Westbrick averaged a triple double on his own. My point is there were less contested shots that Durant had to make in OKC because he had a legit superstar like Westbrook to ease the pressure.
Jordans biggest star teammates were Kerr and Pippen.

Jordan played in the era where had checking was allowed and pulling people going for dunks out of thin air was a regular foul. Dont tell me about star treatment now and then.

My argument is that Jordan didnt shoot many threes (therefore underutilized the most efficient shot in the game) and yet had similar points per possesion stats as someone who calls themselves @kdtrey, how is that hard to understand?

are you such a dumb spic you can't understand rules? holy fuck, kill yourself.

allen iverson was the greatest raw talent the nba has ever seen

>Jordans biggest star teammates were Kerr and Pippen.
Kerr was a role player. You obviously are a casual that never watched Michael. Pipen was a superstar in the 90s.
>Jordan played in the era where had checking w
You don't even know the name of the rule. Handchecking would benefit someone like Durant the most you plebby casual.
>My argument is that Jordan didnt shoot many threes (therefore underutilized the most efficient shot in the game) and yet had similar points per possesion stats
Because Jordan played without zone defence so he had a highway to make his meme layups. Durant in the 90's would have absurd stats.

You are such a dumb chicano that you can't understand basic tactics. In the current NBA Iverson wouldn't even warm the bench. If a guard can't shoot he is useless currently and Iverson was a worse shooter than Westbrook