Do you like songs or musical numbers in your kino, generally?

Do you like songs or musical numbers in your kino, generally?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kHmYIo7bcUw
youtube.com/watch?v=CvDJfM2sVsw&index=9&list=RDw-c6IFBByeI
youtube.com/watch?v=cDkEXszYtdo
youtube.com/watch?v=uIaFn5lsLd8
youtube.com/watch?v=V-zXT5bIBM0
youtube.com/watch?v=gLm5Sn1cMyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gj9xsSuczes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not generally. wonka's an exception.

Willy Wonka pulled it off flawlessly. It just has a charm only available during the time period. I think it was the transition from stage acting to film acting. You can see the theater influence in Will Wonka.

Yes. I'm a huge fan of musicals but it's hard to find anyone on Sup Forums willing to discuss something that isn't capeshit, disney starlets, or FOTM cable shows.

same. I loathe it

we have theater/musical threads every once in a while, especially back when that hamilton shill wouldnt fuck off

My favorites are Hair and Dancer in the Dark.

Any recommendations?

Generally no but Mary Poppins is a masterpiece, as is Aladdin and the Lion King.

You're looking for exceptionally talented musicians if you're going to foray into musicals.

Whichever writers decide they are now musical composers will quickly be discovered as not.

Cabaret, West Side Story and Sound of Music.
Honestly most of the best musicalkino from the past few decades are animated and kids movies. Little Mermaid, Lion King, Alladin, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, and the old Annie movies.

why no wicked dvd?
my sister did it for theater and would always play the album but I never got to see it live

she also did a Dr Seuss one, I really loved that one desu

Wicked is shit though

>It's a Wizard of Oz episode

Planet of the Apes, The Musical

Thanks, haven't seen those.
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of animated films and Jim Henson stuff and that's probably why I enjoy musicals at all.

Yes.

Fuck off you pseud, cinema acting had existed for eighty years by that point.

I'm sick and tired of seeing scum like you try to rationalize your ignorance about the vast majority of decent films ever made. American cinema had already peaked by the time Willy Wonka came out.

youtube.com/watch?v=kHmYIo7bcUw

Yes, but it doesn't work for every movie. Music numbers are fi4 when eords alone will not sufficiently convey the emotions being felt. In action movies, the action sequences do this already. In non-action movies, music numbers are great

Yes, I fucking love musicals, especially contemporary ones
Two of my favourite movies are 8 femmes and chansons d'amour

I have never seen the brilliance that is Galavant discussed on Sup Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=CvDJfM2sVsw&index=9&list=RDw-c6IFBByeI

We had a weekly thread when it was airing

How does Sup Forums feel about Little Girls?

youtube.com/watch?v=cDkEXszYtdo

musicals are pretty gay but they're a lot of fun 2bh
youtube.com/watch?v=uIaFn5lsLd8

yes. especially disney :3

Is the movie adaptation any good?

Oi want an evahlasteen gawbstoppah daaddy

The music in Frozen sucks except for Let It Go. One good song doesn't make a good musical.

I think you're being unfair. "Let it Go" is easily the best song, and it can stand as a hit single out of context, but "In Summer: is the only song that isn't that great and doesn't fit naturally into the movie.
Can you really watch this without tearing up even a little?
youtube.com/watch?v=V-zXT5bIBM0

Only ironically.

This is Cop Rock:
youtube.com/watch?v=gLm5Sn1cMyQ

Wow that's cool they have a piana at the station

youtube.com/watch?v=gj9xsSuczes