So would this actually work?

So would this actually work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8atscK-3SpE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Body heat right? It would work for like 5 minutes. And it would be imperfect.

Not unless you rubbed mud in your eyeballs.

>eyeballs are warm
lmaooo

these are the kind of retards who post here

touch your eyeball without the eyelid, just answered your question.

Yeah in real life the Predator can't see you in the mud

Thanks I just did this and I'm blind now.

Yes. In real life, there is no such thing as the "predator" shown in the film.

Kek

keep your gender bullshit on tumblr.
Arnold is a MAN and yes HE works. He also works out like a real beefcake should.
I bet arnold could crush your head in between his thighs like a ripe melon.

Why did you post a picture of mud OP?

I guess mud actually works.

He closed His eyes for the critical part. From what the predator sees in other thermal scenes, cold mud could work.

To be quite fair, it was imperfect in the movie too, you could clearly see some heat emanating from Arnie's location, but I guess the predator was looking for a big muscley heat shape and mistook that for some wildlife or whatever.

If that worked it would kill ahhhhnold. We need to be able to release heat.

DON'T DO THIS IT CREATES MUSTARD GAS

>Kill
>Arnold

Pick one.

The purpose wasn't to keep heat in.
The mud disperses it across a larger surface area, while cooling his core temp. He would still show on heat detection, but it would definitely be fainter and any form of cover would greatly increase concealment. There were a couple times where a signature would get obscured by plantlife.
As long as he stayed still, the predator could mistake him for a residual heat signature from a man or animal. And this is why you should always pack some other form of sight instead of just thermal.

The alien wasn't the Predator. Arnold was.

wtf? i hate fingers now!

Didn't mythbusters try it and proved that it didn't work?
Not that I care. It's a movie about a gang of roided up dudes who fights a invisible alien in the jungle.

Yes. I've done it many times.

>Didn't mythbusters try it and proved that it didn't work?

Please tell me it was kari slathered in mud

Actually laughed, thanks user.

my fingers are frozen solid

Predator vision in not pure infrared vision anyway, if it was he wouldn't be able to see shit because jungles are fucking hot.

>Kill
>Arnold
He fought the fucking devil and they had to impale him just to make it a fair fight.

>Predator vision in not pure infrared vision anyway

actually it is, the mask just regulates it.

your mum regulates my semen in her butthole

Sorta

You'd think Predator's thermals would be fine seeing through such basic thermal covering, but eh, thermal vision was big sci-fi stuff when the movie came out.

Rude, but I accept it.

Arnold is natty you idiot

>idiot

You're a moron

IMAGINE

>replying to such shit bait
mate come on

Who's that?

Wrong thread?

So you wouldn't have been able to see Arnie either.

I think imperfect is good as it gets, especially in this situation. The whole point of camouflage is to sort of blur the lines and throw a predator/prey off, unless you're an insect you have very little chance of being completely concealed.

If you pay attention to the film, the Predators sees in thermal vision naturally, but the mask filters out any heat that isn't an organism, weapon, vehicle or fire.

Look how when he takes his mask off to fight Dutch (pic related), the entire rainforest is red and Dutch is red as everything is hot as fuck. It's only when he gets close to him that Dutch's body temperature's differentiates.

Then look at any scene where he has his mask on, and how all plant life etc is filtered out. When he's searching the ruined camp all that stands out is bodies, weaponry, vehicles, fire and the scorpion.

So to answer your question...

YES - covering yourself in mud would work. The mask would filter you out as part of the forest and you would be invisible to the Predator.

The only part I never understood is that the Predators hearing is exceptionally acute but somehow never hears Dutch's breathing.

>never hears Dutch breathing

They're right by a loud waterfall.

N1

>blurry not focused vision

I though all the predator species on Earth have sharp focused low FOV vision, while prey usually has high FOV but shit focus

How would Dutch take on a Xenomorph and how would Ripley take on a Predator?

That should've been Alien vs Predator, Ripley and Dutch teaming up.

A xenomorph in the jungle? It'd just get mowed down by their mini gun.

what about the later part where he climbs down the tree right next to him?

Ripley would get annihilated by a Predator.

Dutch would get annihilated by an Alien, but has more chance than Ripley.

Both protagonists win by luck though, so there's that.

This deserves another (You)

The Predator wouldn't bother with Ripley unless it just saw her take down an alien nest. Ripley never really walked around armed.

Dutch and his team were using standard ammo, which is shown not to work on the Xenomorphs unless its armor piercing. If they can spot it long enough to the minigun on it or some explosives then thay have a good chance. All depends on how quickly they can work out what they are dealing with and take the proper precautions.

Wasn't until Dutch was all alone he finally realised how the fight the Predator properly.

Requesting
>imagine you would be predator in this scene...

yeah

Forgive me, please, i really don't know Predator was underage! He looked pretty developed and hunted just like a mature one.

Bullets that rifles like the ones their crew were using are all armor piercing by default. "Armor piercing" is really just a meaningless term desu senpai.

>Arnold wins the fight because he didn't let off some steam

POTTERY!!!

>it's an user tries to make Bennetposting take off again episode

no his optical recognition computer from an interstellar spaceship would surely pick his face out

Not in the rain forest.

See, up north, you could get mud that would even rob your own body heat, but in the rain forest that shit was not too far from his skin temperature.

It would help due to there isn't much of a difference so that he won't stand out, but since it's a small temp difference it might stop being effective by the time you finish applying it.

The season opens with the exciting conclusion to last years dramatic Rumble in The Jungle. Dutch thinks his friends are all dead , killed by a mysterious invisible monster.

He figures out that the monster is really an alien and can see infra-red, so Dutch covers himself in mud. The Alien shows up in his real form and they wrestle in the mud till Dutch ultimately defeates him. Dutch is about to kill the alien till he removes his helmet and starts speaking to him. It turns out the alien's name is Mr.Predator, he came to earth to discuss a trade agreement for bananas. It was purely an accident that the cabinet memebers helicopter crashed. Mr.Predator was worried that Earthlings would blame him and was trying to escape back to his ship. He used his powers of hypnotism to make Dutch think he killed his friends. With his friends back Dutch says he will do whatever it can to open up a trade with Mr.Predators homeworld for bananas.

Behind the scenes: these episodes where edited together and released as Predator in the theaters.

Everytime an Action Hero has an idea that may no work in the real wolrd but end up helping to defeat the bad guy in a movie, I just assume it's Ares (from Xena) using God Powers to help out.

The absolute mudman

I must have tough eyeballs because I push directly on my eyeball and not only does it not hurt, it's not even unpleasant.

youtube.com/watch?v=8atscK-3SpE

Rust? Mud? I'm the one with the acting career.

No it wouldn't work. Predator would eat your ass for sure if you tried it