/brit/

philip edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZIqdrFeFBk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

vile, dirty nonce

business idea: dissolve british democracy and return to an absolute monarchy with no limitations on the power of the sovereign

*walks towards you*

turbororke

home is where the heart is

GOOD idea

why is he dressed like a ninja?

Proud alt-lite radical centrist big tent classical liberal rational atheist reporting in

If you were a little kid and saw that, you'd think it was a monster.

why are muslim women always fat as fuck?

It's empowering to hide yourself from the world

We must preserve the future of the white race.

Race-mixing? Oh, it's okay when I do it

how come everyone on stargate speaks english huh?

they don't go out much and their diets are terrible

>with the windsors
not keen desu

hate alcoholics
love vaping

might be why she's hiding herself

>Muslims themselves used to make fun of hijabs in 1958
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZIqdrFeFBk

better idea: a new Lord Protector

You couldn't have timed that better, it's good to know which opinions press your buttons though. The ones you have to drastically overstate to make them vulnerable to rational argument.

business idea: make the yanks pay 250 years of outstanding taxes

for the convenience of the audience

if I made a sci-fi show I'd explain it with an in-universe reason of "the aliens figured that english was a much better language than their own, so they learnt it very quickly"

theyre full of kids

Every house will have a smart meter by 2020. That means we can network every household in the country. Meaning we now have the technology to enact direct democracy on a national scale.

Scrap the Houses of Commons and Lords. There would be a write-in vote for each Minister, with the person most voted for getting the job. They would be supported by the civil service and a revised version of the Privy Council in generating legislation.

Once a Bill is finalised, every household would get a message and a digital copy of the Bill to read or not at their discretion. There may even be an app that bounces it to your phone. They would then have 24 hours to vote For or Against it. If For wins, the Queen makes it law, if not then it's scrapped.

Politicians were a solution to a problem that we no longer have and should be phased out.

tax the fash

reddit spacing

I think it's the same lad who was posting on a thai proxy and was getting offended whenever someone said paki and he used "wh*tes" spelt like that a lot. do you remember

it's dumb that's why i like universes in which there are no aliens at all
like in the dune series
it's kind of 'romantic' x

They didn't in the early days when Daniel being a linguistic expert was a plot device. But that got old so they jut stopped bringing it up and went with "the Ancients did it" instead.

But not a reddit idea

>go on the snapchat world map thing for the first time
>look at London
>first 6/7 people are pakis/Muslims
ah yes

>battery in my hifi remote is flat and its stuck on a station playing that fucking spanish justin beiber song

He was raving about leftypol yesterday, if he's just having fun that's fine. If he thinks he's got some kind of political objective then he's a sad twat.

how the fuck is islam possible in 2017

go back to fully covering your face please.

mboko

>Smart meters
>2020
I think not

those things are a botnet waiting to happen

>hifi

alri granddad

And the version with Bieber is better than the original

better idea: romanov treatment

they did actually
the "100 years" thing was only for the outer areas, not HK island itself, which was given by the Emperor forever.
China has no legal claim to it but basically bullied the Brits for it back.

what the UK should have done is set HK up as an independent country similar to Australia or Canada and helped to prop them up so China couldn't cry colonialism to the UN.

direct democracy is a idea so retarded it outclasses even communism

i worked on a smart meter sub problem in which the work was unitary (ie, schedule one hour of work) but the the time in which you could schedule it was an interval (eg, from 2pm to 5pm). we gave an optimal polynomial time offline algorithm for the case and showed that it is NP-hard if the work becomes non-unitary

>direct democracy is a idea so retarded it outclasses even communism

Works for Switzerland

im a bernie supporter though

poo

shadilay and praise KEK

>Switzerland practices direct democracy in parallel with representative democracy
so not really huh

are you literally 12 or 13 years old? i know its supposed to be ironic but i honestly cant fathom men into their 20's sitting at a computer, typing this shit, posting it, having a chucle to themselves. it gives me the fear to be honest.

hmmm
what did you mean by this x

>im a bernie supporter though

don't pretend to be me

reviewbrah is not a bernie supporter

willies

bourgeois democracy? nah you're alri mate
proletarian dictatorship? sign me up

reparations NOW

lol of course and mong knows that

there is no social degeneration of british culture more damaging than chappishness

It came about precisely as the 100 year period expired so it's not as if there wasn't a mutual agreement. I like your idea, but I like the idea of how we deal with the Falklands better. Surely the UN would have respected a referendum.

Not that it matters anymore

have you forgotten how hilariously out of power the left is

Business idea:
Roman Dictatorship of 1 year terms selected by national lottery

*quotes this with a picture of a funny alt-right man*

>national lottery
quite like this idea

Hillary won and so did Corbyn ok?!

muh popular vote muh Glastonbury speech roooo

tempted to make a reddit post on todayilearned featuring an extremely high but also fake number attributed to 250 years of yank taxation

watching The Incredibles x

Britain went downhill when Nick Griffin didn't win the election, need the BNP in power to kick out all the immigrants

>tempted to make a reddit post on todayilearned featuring an extremely high but also fake number attributed to 250 years of yank taxation

the last great briton was harold wilson

need a comfy movie to watch. feelin a bit down :((((((( ;((( ;__(((

thank god he kept us out of vietnam

the spongebob squarepants movie

decided to sign up as a guardian supporter and will now donate ten quid every month to support transparent and professional journalism

just plucked a 2in long hair out of my nostril

The endless parade of pride days, google doodles and UN awareness 'holidays' is the French Revolutionary calendar of the progressive regime

>it's a Rodney and Ronan love triangle episode

direct democracy is a bad idea since most people are fuckwits

>i will never be a cultured cosmopolitan european
>i will always be an uncultured australian from the suburbs

agree completely, yet runtoids will still fedora you

yeah, i agree, hillary would have won

So are most MPs as well though. At least this way we have nobody to blame but ourselves when it all goes to hell

reeks of aut-right twitter

damn daniel back at it again with the white vans

>it's a "Kira fists Dukat" episode

an apple a day keeps the doctor away! x

You're a collection of countries each with equal say on how the collective is run. Constitutional republic or something? If it wasn't like that you'd have fallen apart years ago.

require a coco gf

lol everyone would still blame all the problems on the other voters

it would basically be no different, except now there wouldn't be figureheads to soak up the brunt of the anger, so you'd see even more division and political street fighting

dont exist, im afraid

This isn't an ideal route to go down. It'll get a fedora reply but you really do need a nation to be led, rather than to lead itself. It doesn't even have to be led competently (though you can't just appoint people to flounder, which is what Britain has done since the 1990s.), it just has to be led.

A huge part of the problem with the modern world is that everyone is now "empowered" to lead themselves, with only reference to what they enjoyed doing in the past. So instead of trying new shows, as television or radio often used to force you to do, you can now dig endlessly into the same few genres you like without branching out. In turn you lose a lot of opportunity for novel combinations and universal experiences and so on. You also lose in a big way the ability to manage social norms, which are directed as much by leading as by following. (This doesn't mean conservatism either, it means they will simply find leadership in other positions without a legal mandate to lead and to ideally know that they are leading.) Though I suppose it doesn't matter anyway, the BBC has a mandate in their charter and they still turn out an unreasonable quantity of shit to compete with the commercial networks instead of carving out a niche for themselves.

People don't have the time or the interest to actively read a bill (unless you also reform bills to mandate a plain-english summary, and some sort of way of ensuring the summary is given adequate consideration in applying the bill it's essentially completely pointless to even send them a copy.) or scrutinise it, so you'd basically break every little one down into a mini-referendum except 95% of those would have dire turnout and the other 5% would be severely oversimplified. Not to mention the wildly contradictory policy positions this could result in based on the intersecting interests of the public.

hate the irish simple as

Americans think insubstantial nobodies like Bukowski, Kerouac, & Hunter S Thompson are "important"

thompson is good

stop talking about us

oh cone tray

the Queen would have to take a renewed leadership role