It still hurts, Sup Forums ;__;

It still hurts, Sup Forums ;__;

why do people do drugs? are they just not imaginative enough with what poison they choose and go for the worst one?

Great actor, but the man was a drug addict. I have no sympathy for him

Who would you trade to have him back Sup Forums?

You have never met this man in your life

You have never even worked in the same set as him

The fact that you are mentally effected by his presence or lack thereof is a sign of mental illness, OP.

>we will never see a Blood Meridian adaption with PSH playing the judge

Fuck you scientology

He killed himself, right at the peak of his career. So no sympathy, only feel bad for his family.

Most people of age here still remember him when he was a nobody in Twister during the mid nineties. He still had a few years worth of credibility and fortune ahead of him surely.

the junkies ive known are just really stupid people who have no forward planning

they dont plan for the future so they try to maximize the pleasure in the immediate present because theyre so stupid they dont plan for the future so its never any good

I know, right? Joaquin Phoenix should have won that. s m h

Skyline Pigeon is my favorite song from him.

>mourning people that have influenced you

i dont see the problem here. care to explain?

well it definitely fits the description since I remember PSH talking about how he always "kills the joy" as in he can't enjoy something and be content with it, he has to overdo it until he kills it, which seems applicable to his drug use.

Still I get people wanting to maximize happiness in the moment, I just wonder why people go back to the most destructive ones. Surely there are other methods to happiness than drug use? For instance I've had so many bad accidents with alcohol now that I doubt I'll ever get really really drunk again though maybe I'm too optimistic for that. But now in my weakest moments I don't turn to it because the memories of the bad experiences trumps the want for it in the moment.

its probably brain damage desu. whether caused by substance abuse or genetics or accident.

they cant plan for the future cause their brain is shit so their future is consistently shit, they never attain achieve a moment they planned for and wanted and derive satisfaction from that because they literally dont plan for the future

so they just randomly float through life feeling confused and unhappy and then oh look heroin lets try this oh boy

I'd troll but it genuinely sucks that he won't be in anymore movies

why people don't do drugs is the question imho tbqh

because once you've been through the cycles enough times shouldn't the consequences you face afterwards not make it worth it? I won't pretend to know what it means to deal with substance abuse though since not all drugs are the same. I'm guessing certain heavy drugs you could get off of in just a week or two where as some people seem to deal with withdrawal for their entire life, like with alcoholics who count the days since they last drank even decades later.

Genuinely tertible casting choice

reds in beace philib :DDDDDD

Same. Phillip was the one actor I fucking adored.

Post Phillip Seymour Hoffman kino

It sucks. Addiction is an ugly thing.

I remember I was coming back from staying at a guys house for a few days. We fucked non stop so I was on quite a high.
I was getting off the train and walk by one of the half full blue stands that hold the Metro paper (this was quite late at night) and I see PSH's face on the front page, with the word "OVERDOSE" being the first thing I clock, then slowly taking in the rest of the sentence. And taking it in again, to make sure I read the words in order and it did in fact say that PSH died. In other words I'll never see him in any new films. In other words I'll never, EVER see him in person and I'll never attempt to communicate with him.
So tears being to well up in my eyes and I realise I need to take the paper and keep it. Then I just took a whole stack, I don't know why. So I went home hugging about 40 papers, put them on my bedroom floor and stared at them a bit, didn't read them because what of value could the Metro say, really?
After a bit I came on Sup Forums to post up an emotional paragraph. The guy I fucked kept messaging me which I ignored, leading him to think I dropped him because he was shit in bed lol.
About 2 weeks later I'm cleaning my guinea pig cage, and as I'm scooping up the woodshavings I see PSH's face and I'm in a rage, because who, WHO would dare to use that as a fucking litter bed? So I got rid of all the papers but one, and cut the article out and stored it in my memory box, where it is today.
I no longer heavily invest as I did with him, but if Fassbender dies I'll be VERY upset.

Same.
Loved Fassbender in Shame.

Wtf am I reading

How can a fultime hollywood star become so bored that he turns to drugs?

what the unironic fuck

kys yourself fag