Where were you when MLB was kill?

where were you when MLB was kill?
espnfc.com/major-league-soccer/story/1740529/mls-catches-mlb-in-popularity-with-kidssays-espn-poll

Money talks. Last I checked MLS doesn't make shit compared to MLB. keep trying

Oh look, another disguised hitjob by the liberal media on anything resembling right wing anything. Im 31 and remember this same sad shit being told 20 years ago and yet there it sits, far and away the second biggest league in the world still.

Soccer is only popular here among the poor and upper middle income who are too nonathletic to play anything else. Money runs the show here, theres no money in soccer. Baseball not going anywhere and I doubt I'll ever see the mlels ever be taken seriously

>this link
>this flag
>this thread
kek

oh yeah because money is everything? NHL is a midget league, midget attendance, midget ratings and literally no youth participation in it but somehow makes billions
don't use money to measure success, because if you do, that means instagram is bigger than General Motors

Does instagram make more profit than GM?

>says-espn-poll
Discarded

>Oh look, another disguised hitjob by the liberal media on anything resembling right wing anything.

It's literally a sports site saying that sports league X has become as popular among the young as sports league Y is. All the liberal vs conservative beefs and "hitjobs" are all in your head.

>NHL is a midget league, midget attendance
It averages something like 18000 people with 41 home games a year. It doesnt have a broad casual fanbase but its actual fans are much more dedicated than average combined with the fact that a hockey game is increasingly looked at as a highly entertaining event because it's arguably the best sport to watch in person

that page is only focused on underaged teens and as they get older they will only stray away from soccer, it's not going to stay that way. It's exactly the same as polling a bunch of 12 year olds if they like republicans. 90% of them will always say no but it wont stay that way as they get older.

>It averages something like 18000 people with 41 home games a year
>what are stadium games
>what are clueless sports fans from edmonton, calgary and toronto

you dont know how they function here, thats how they form worldwide degenerate opinions you rightly hate us for, off little shit like this

lol meant for you

that could have been true in the '70s, but not now. young football fans will become teen football fans, and then adult football fans.
If football was considered a "little children" sport 40 years ago, it's not the case anymore

It still is, they will not maintain that sentiment as they get older. The bigger thing you fail to realize is soccer fans are the casual sector of sports fans. They will not translate into athletes, and they will not translate into a loyal fanbase, and then on top of it half of them will get siphoned off into watching european soccer. It will not succeed here.

We talk about USA like USA are homogeneous. They aren't.
All America will always love your football.
But other regions will like other sports.
Association football will mostly succeed in liberal States, because it's "inclusive", "open on the World", etc.
I don't say it will soon surpass your football, but it begins to stick

To be completely honest you are the most successful country in the most popular sport and I am a complete sports fanatic and I have no fucking clue in hell what your soccer league is called

>liberal States
but it doesnt even do that, its enclaves within those states. It won't happen lol.

Anyway, it was good debating with you. If I didn't think anything of your opinion, I wouldn't argue with you. Nice to actually discuss shit on here for once. Always appreciate when op make a bait thread and hangs in there. Take care Pierre.

Our soccer league is probably called something like
>Campeonato Brasileiro CBF Chevrolet 2017 Série A
but we call it Brasileirão and fuck everything.

Nope just had to get a 100 million dollar lifeline investment from time Warner Cable and now they have to show commercials for Time Warners shitty shows.

MLB = circlejerk

Football = actual competition

Soccer couldn't even catch up with anything in the spic-filled states in the US.

>espnfc.com
>espn-poll
>Mar 7, 2014
Why are non-Americans so insecure about us not caring about non-American sports?

MLS can ONLY grow and take over. with the women being given more and more power and influence and with latinos taking over the usa, soccer will eign supreme and the USA will cuck the world during fifa world cups

It's damage control.

LMB is where it's at.

>article from 3 years ago
>not archiving that link and giving tmz!SPN money

baseball and soccer

SO

FUCKING

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

SOMETHING HAPPEN ALREADY RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Soon the time for real sports will come to take over.

> making money means you're not successful
>If you bankrupt your company and make no money you win.

This is the very loose grasp europeans have on economics and finance. No wonder your government pays for everything for you poor fags

Fighting games are more exciting to watch than divegrass.

Seek professional help, my man.

>(((ESPN)))

T-thanks. Take care too Bruce

Soccer is objectively a better sport than most sports. Take a kid to a sporting event.

Football = sitting for 4 hours while nothing happens
Baseball = sitting for 3 hours while nothing happens
Hockey = exciting play but you can't really play it. If you like hockey, it's probably your only sport.
Basketball = Action, but fan experience isn't so good
Soccer = "omg who are those crazy guys jumping over there". Likely plays the sport. Soccer action may be boring to some, but there is a lot more crowd participation in the buildup.

Most importantly, ITS VERY CHEAP. It's like 10, 20 dollars just to get in the door. Meanwhile other sports its 50 dollars at least, 100 for basketball/football and if its a cheap ticket in baseball you are in another stratosphere and everyone looks like ants.

Realistically, its the best experience you can have as a kid. And also, MLS didn't exist 20 years ago, so now you're finally seeing the result of simply being the best sport

Imagine you're in Atlanta and you go to a Braves, Falcons, and Atl United game. Realistically, what is most fun option? And some goes for most choices in most cities. This is not even mentioning the demographic factors.

Is this pasta? Bait?
How is baseball "right wing"?
How is survey data a "hit job"?

You have legitimate autism, flyover-kun

Baseball is literally the most diverse sport in America, race wise.

A southern city like Atlanta is averaging 40k in attendance per game. Although TV ratings are relatively poor, it's no worse than shit like furpuck. The only issue is the mainstream sports media here who are Ann Coulter-tier retards with few exceptions who refuse to promote the sport but as soon as the TV numbers go up significantly to the point where it makes no financial sense to not support soccer, you will then see more extensive MLS/National team coverage

The only thing which holds developpement of association football in the US would be that it has been for long, ironically, a sport for rich.
My kid pays 70€/year for a license, we pay nothing for tournaments or additionnal training. But I read that it was tenfold in US and tourneys were expansive too