Explain how Marvel movies are bad without using the words 'quip' or 'reddit'

Explain how Marvel movies are bad without using the words 'quip' or 'reddit'

Thats right you cant

aye

There's too much focus on witty dialogue instead of staying to one specific tone during any given exposition dump

some are good, some are bad.

All their team up movies feel bland because they focus away from the actual interesting characters to focus on le epic Spoderman entry in the mcu or some dumb action scene

They are far better at solo movies like dr strange and iron man 1 and to a lesser extent less character filled movies like winter solder

Except Thor he just sucks because Chris hemsworth can't carry a movie for his life

childrens comic books

i bet ur mom cries herself to sleep because of u

Le color correction
Le soundtracks

They are fundamentally not meant to be enjoyed as stand alone movies.

Bland
No heart or soul

They are so bad you literally go autistic and can't explain why they are bad because you just assume people have common sense and dislike them by nature.

explain how shit is bad without using the words smelly, unsanitary, brown

Messy

>villains are lazily written, evil for the sake of it
>timing of the humor is poor
>no consequences, it's just action for the sake of it
>all films follow a very generic 3 act structure, basically all films are the same, ex. Iron man and ant man
>characters are all shallow, just a bunch of jokesters
>terrible lighting, framing, editing, shot composition, and cinematography
>weak lazily written dialogue
>terrible music

Did I miss anything

Bland
Bad cinematography in most of them
No good soundtracks
Crappy villains
Cringeworthy jokes & fanbase
No real sense of weight & consequences
Most of them follow the same formula

Poop isn't bad though.

they are capeshit
so they are bad

Marvel was the Disney dynamic at aiming towards a wide audience aka Family Friendly.
Mature themes and serious tones aren't much of a factor in Marvel movies.
Joke after joke despite moments being life or death situations.

the action is inelegantly filmed

You forgot the horribly bland soundtracks

"gay"

I think they're okay, they just need good villains

The endless fucking remakes. How many Spider-Man movies does there really need to be? There are hundreds of stupid ass comic book characters and I don't see why there needs to be five different iron man movies filled with witty rejoinders. I get it already iron man kicks ass and can defeat people. Whoop de fuckin doo

>whoa dude like what if captain America fought iron man lmao
Nobody gives a fuck if you know none of the characters are going to die because they need to be around for the sequels. Once again, literally hundreds of characters to choose from so why not kill off juggernaut or Spider-Man to bring another character into the mix? Just because the public are retarded plebs who want to be le epic comic nerd in spite of having only read the most basic intro pleb shit possible, if even that.

Fuck marvel and fuck you OP

They're all very formulaic. Not bad at all, but forgettable when you try to distinguish them and after there have been so many (and there are so many more to come) They're feeling very stale.

I'm at the point where I wouldn't pay to go see the in theatres any more unless it hadn't become a friend-group ritual.

Because its the same shit over and over and over again. Like it was fine or the first time, hey actually the first 10 times, but now its like 30 versions of pretty much the same film so it just gets tedious.

Okay.

The characters are hollow and never go beyond what's written on their character sheet. The villains are even worse. Any type of meaningful interaction or discussion is surrounded by humor. Humour haunts the Marvel movies, it doesn't elevate them.

Consequences are non-existent, the cinematography is basic, they're formulaic, lazy and too forward-focused.

There's little immersion in the particular film you're watching because they rely so much on the past ones and future ones. Most lack heart, even more lack the merit needed to stand on their own and provide an enjoyable film experience.

However, their biggest sin is being forgettable.

They work for the shitposter, the reddit man

TRIPFAG?!

>interchangeable plots
>essentially nothing changes between the beginnings and the ends of each movie
>bland as fuck cinematography and picture (tone, warmth, palette, texture, lighting etc.)
>completely forgettable music
>basically all tension is removed at all times because we know that marvel have 438 films planned for the next 20 years so no characters are dying
>action is sloppily shot and badly choreographed, too much shaky cam and quick cuts
>every character has the same personality more or less
>writers try too hard to shove 'wit' into dialogue
>powerlevels are inconsistent as fuck
>needless and bad use of CGI
>over-saturation (not necessarily the movies themselves, but it does detract from their quality)

Marvel movies are bad because they never have Bane

They're completely devoid of content because they are based on comic books.

They are mostly turn your brain off shitfests made for children.

Boom

aye

uh, you don't get to bring quips

They lack discipline in many aspects, but I believe that's part of the charm to some people; that super-hero movies don't have to be so heavy and grounded like, say, The Dark Knight trilogy.

However, this plays against Marvel Studios as well. For example, The Avengers as whole is a great flick to just see all your heroes come together at last, but the grandeur and size is not as impressive as that of a standalone film for a single hero.

I think Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, love it or hate, really does have a sense of true amazement to it. I mean, those movies were just filled with the perfect aspects of a comic book translated into film.

Another massive problem is the film's visuals. They really suck. I won't go and say how it's always grey and gross, because, well, it's not ALWAYS grey...but it is gross. The colors are never really pure, they're always hazy and sloppily applied with out much attention to it, and it's kept that way.

Then, the music. I really, really actually like Cap's theme, but it becomes really forgettable. In fact, I'm not even sure it is Captain America's theme or The Avengers. Both just sound "noble" and have those heroic sounding horns playing proudly. It's like it wants to sound heroic, so it just takes heroic sounds into a piece. This is a big no-no. Again comparing the Marvel Cinematic Universe's film scores with Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, you'll definitely remember the amazing music that played as Peter swung, the dramatic and passionate anthem of a heroic young man who will triumph. Meh, make it sound big.

Oh.

And one more big thing...

The fight scenes. I know a lot of people argue about this, and they're good arguments for both side...but I think the reason is because the actual action in these films is really hit-or-miss a lot of the time, but we don't even know it. I think the reason why comes down to the directors, really. The Russos are experienced in Television and Comedy, much like Joss Whedon.

tl;dr

Sup Forums everybody

t. Capeshit pleb

Awful dialogue and plots

>Ask for explanation
>Explanation given
>tl;dr
Obvious trolling is obvious

>can't carry

I can't name one movie where he is even acceptable, besides Rush.

And he didn't have to do much in that.

>tfw my shit is red lately