What do you think of the Smiths? How come they're not brought up in any rock discussions?

What do you think of the Smiths? How come they're not brought up in any rock discussions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hz0UADjaHKo
youtube.com/watch?v=ah2NgBVC1ps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're excellent.
Morrissey's reputation is in the shitter at the moment so I doubt anybody wants to associate themselves with him.
Also the fact that hipster white girls seem to love the band because they're 'so deep' and stuff.

Still doesn't put me off. I'd easily call them my favourite band - and for good reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=hz0UADjaHKo

Fantastic band, Joyce and Rourke are an incredibly underrated rhythm section, Marr is a God amongst men in guitarrist and Morrissey's absurdly unique, which is great for a frontman.

Morrissey is one of the most talented lyric writers living today, but he's a whiny faggot

nu male trash

Love em to death.

Can't really disagree with your 'nu-male' analysis but it's far from trash.
Have you ever stopped to appreciate the poetry of their music?

youtube.com/watch?v=ah2NgBVC1ps

I have to agree with you

I can name a few rock bands coome close to the lyrics TheSmiths put out

Cuz they're boring sad boy depression shit and Morrissey is a retard

They're more satire than anything, really. Most of their songs aren't depressing, they're more funny in a very caustic way.

If anyone thinks the Smiths are mostly depressing they’re missing the point. They’re funny, not sad. Occasionally Moz is serious, like on I Know It’s Over, and it’s actually a sad song, but most are just satirical.

they're my all time favorite band

why does everyone say this? has morrissey ever actually said it or is it just because he's a notorious bullshitter

The dude's a living meme, he's on a whole different level of irony.

yeah but he was a sad cunt as well

johnny mar is a sick guitar player and maximizes his pedal use. But morrissey is a cunt and is the reason why the band is broken up. also early stuff like Hatful of Hollow is good.

Nah, it's pretty noticeable. Moreso on The Queen Is Dead. The bit of epiphany was on the title track during the "you should hear me play piano" - it's awfully self depreciative, but considering Morrissey and what he's talking about it's pretty hilarious.

>and when I’m lying in my bed, I think about life and I think about death, and neither one particularly appeals to me
>burn down the disco, hang the blessed DJ
>cause if not love, then it’s the bomb that will bring us together
>and if a double-decker bus crashes into us, to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die

>England for the English

>be marr
>send your demo to morrissey hoping he doesn't sing about weird stuff again
>he sends back some girls are bigger than others

all of these sound pretty sincere to me

especially because he really did hate the radio

>le 2deep4u
Thats a reddit meme bra, the smiths arent depressing, only numales call
Them deep. I just see them as a really good janglepop band with fun jams

nobody said anything about 2deep, fag

they're pretty great but I don't know if they really fit into what people think of as rock nowadays