Why is this movie so good, Sup Forums

why is this movie so good, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhfoxMqX67Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

goddamn I was just rewatching it the other day user, it's comfy and nostalgic.

Because Napoleon is what everyone secretly wants to be. Completely powerless, but he doesn't give a shit.

>pic related
I thought this was massively underrated.

forgot the pic

Unpretentious, charming, fun, doesn't take itself too seriously or try to be anything more than it is. It's literally 10/10 in almost every way. People that don't like it are creeps.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who likes this movie.

>Nacchhhhhooooooooooooooooo!

>sorry napoleon, I have to post this picture of a frog to the internet but then I'm going to curbstomp some niggers. Grandma said there's some chili left in the fridge for you if you get hungry.
Damn, how could I forget this?

who hated or dismissed it first time they watched it?

>Uguuu~*~* a-user..... d-don't be so ruff *giggles* with me.. x33
>Show feminine penis ;p

What the fuck was the point of that scene

Literally me

Saw it in theater the week it came out and instantly loved it. I remember the only people hating on it being normie retards.

>You know we can't afford that Napoleon, do you think money grows on trees? Go put it back, we're just gonna have to mix and match.

Were they poor?

It refuses to compromise.
There's no Hollywood shit like:
1. A token scene where Napoleon reveals he's actually very self conscious and depressed so the normies can fit him into their winner/loser worldview.
2. Excessive lowbrow humor.
3. A traditional plot.
It wasn't afraid to be different and a little bit artsy and that creative courage paid off. I realize the faggots here will call me a memer for this, but it's the same deal as Deadpool. There was an obvious formula to manufacture a decently successful film and in their refusal to follow that formula they made a hit.

One of my favorite movies, 10/10. So damn rewatchable too. Too bad pic related was utter shit though.

I saw this so many times I started to hate it. Everyone used to quote it in high school like one of those pull dolls. Then I went back to it after 5 years of not seeing it, and I love it now. It's so good, especially if you live in Idaho.

It's such an authentic portrayal of midwestern society. After living in rural Minnesota for five years in my youth, this movie still reminds me so much of those times.

It takes place in Idaho, but idk, maybe that's similar to the Midwest.

I wish they would of just had another GOAT sequel or a really good 1 season series

Idaho is in fact located in the Midwest champ

It most definitely is not. It's further west than Colorado.

Midwest stops at the Dakotas, and even that's a stretch.

Fly over states is the same.

They're probably somewhat similar, but midwest is from Ohio to the Dakotas. Idaho is part of that weird Mountain cluster, or could just be considered "West".

I HATE THIS MOVIE. SAW IT IN THEATERS WHEN I WAS 13 AND WALKED OUT

Napoleon_dance.webm

My mind is blown, I just realized that Napoleon's grandma is the same woman that plays Mac's mom in IASIP...

I think this one is even more underrated.

Napoleon Dynamite > Gentlemen Broncos > Nacho Libre

Personally I'd reverse those
I actually enjoyed Gentlemen Broncos and laughed at Nacho Libre
I watched Napoleon Dynamite because it was a meme

Being in high school when this movie came out was very annoying, every single fucking person imitating / quoting the movie constantly. Same thing with Chapelle Show.

Jared Hess a shit. His only good movie is Napolean. Everything else has been poopoo garbage. If you want a not shitty Jared Hess just watch anything by Taika Waititi they go without being lel so quirky and actually has some heart.

Whaaaaaaat? Ooooookay!

These two films are literally the apotheosis of comfykino.

Also this

it's the definitive 00s movie

but people who quote it are the worst

So was he autistic or what?

GAH FRIGGIN IDIOT

Probably desu senpai

Had to put it on again now because of this thread. Damn this is comfy.

I hate orphans. I hate dem.

youtube.com/watch?v=rhfoxMqX67Y

I remember distinctly right before this came out asking my friend who told me he was about to see it, what it was about. I was so fucking confused. At first I thought it was about the actual Napoleon. Then when he described it to me I thought it was like a documentary following around some actual retard.

turned out it was a great little film about a pretend retard.

Everyone can relate to the hyper-backwards-ass, X-years behind culture in the movie in varying degree.

>how much you wanna bet I could throw a football over them mountains

10/10 performance right here

I had a teacher in HS who was honestly my favorite teacher ever, who used to quote this movie constantly, he ended up like kidnapping his wife or something. Like she yelled to someone in the car next to her that her husband was kidnapping her, so the guy called police. The guy ended up being fired.

My second favorite professor in HS got fired for coming to class drunk one day.

why don't schools appreciate fun teachers anymore?

that scene was seriously moving

TINA COME GET SOME HAM

EAT THE FOOD

checked