Bandcamp Thread: Review Edition

Review where possible but a recc is nice enough too.

Other urls found in this thread:

fromdowntown.bandcamp.com/album/trio
planes.bandcamp.com/releases
dave-roland.bandcamp.com/album/the-original-music-to-the-last-ride
aloyscrimshaw.bandcamp.com/
noriginal.bandcamp.com
butterbullets.bandcamp.com/album/air-m-s-hermax
butterbullets.bandcamp.com/track/sou-sou
youtube.com/watch?v=YnXJlw0ApLY
scrugley.bandcamp.com/
1-34-1.bandcamp.com/album/tape-delay
starsonabedroomwall.bandcamp.com/album/the-skies-are-all-falling-down
thepablocollective.bandcamp.com/track/missing-persons-report-single
slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/0-3-5-6-9-ep
ilovetang.bandcamp.com
bjornbols.bandcamp.com/
elemantraband.bandcamp.com/
fizzydiscoproductions.bandcamp.com/releases
melonsoda.bandcamp.com/album/the-flight-of-puggy-jackson
davidberka.bandcamp.com/releases
soundcloud.com/guhiuh
1in10.bandcamp.com/album/mea-culpa
droopies.bandcamp.com/album/responsible-people
droopies.bandcamp.com/yum
dustupmag.com/droopies-fuzzed-out-dark-dream-responsible-people/
ohtesla.bandcamp.com
samrihiphop.bandcamp.com
jaripitkanen.bandcamp.com/album/gora-burya-nevetlen-ujj
daev.bandcamp.com/
algaexerox.bandcamp.com
flaminghome.bandcamp.com/album/pink-light-the-ghosts
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/flaming-home/pink-light-and-the-ghosts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll lurk the thread and listen to what's posted
All my previous tapes tossed into one nice package

fromdowntown.bandcamp.com/album/trio

>boombap
>phonk
>lofi joints
>trap

planes.bandcamp.com/releases

>ambient
>samples
>experimental

You always have really comfy beats man.

dave-roland.bandcamp.com/album/the-original-music-to-the-last-ride

>ambient synthpop

At my current work rate, I'm looking at a January release date for the new album. It will be my first new album in over 8 months so I want to make it a good one.

aloyscrimshaw.bandcamp.com/

>Aloysius Scrimshaw
>The Dead Musician
>Post-Experimental

kind regards

rex

my first full project in over 4 years is out now lads

noriginal.bandcamp.com

>chill hop
>boom baps

Your stuff is some of the weirdest shit I've heard on bandcamp. I can't tell if I like it or not.

not mine
>electro rap
>weird voice
>dark
>autotune
>French
>Unusual samples (Burzum, Inigo Kennedy)

butterbullets.bandcamp.com/album/air-m-s-hermax

this one especially butterbullets.bandcamp.com/track/sou-sou
or
youtube.com/watch?v=YnXJlw0ApLY

ibHssa.bondacmp.com

RECS:

scrugley.bandcamp.com/

>here you can find some of the unipersonal projects and unreleased ideas under my name
>delivering from depressive black metal and narcotic rock to dark ambient and piano based music

reccing

1-34-1.bandcamp.com/album/tape-delay

>ambient, improv, drone

Memes.

>aloyscrimshaw.bandcamp.com/
Jesus fucking christ, this has Residents vibes. Really enjoy this, mainly for the weirdness of it.

Creepy, with a clever use of sampling and field recordings. Does shift alot over the entire track, which does make for an interesting listen. Good job on this.

starsonabedroomwall.bandcamp.com/album/the-skies-are-all-falling-down
>lo-fi
>acoustic

thepablocollective.bandcamp.com/track/missing-persons-report-single
>post hiphop

interesting backing production, vocals aren't personally my thing but they're really well done regardless. I definitely wanna hear more of that atmospheric, found sound/sample thing you got going on
Ik this is "post-experimental" but I immediately fucked with it, it's got a really warbly, mangled alt-rock thing going on. It's packed with detail, it's awesome

slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/0-3-5-6-9-ep

>tape loops
>lo-fi metal
>musique concrete

rec:

ilovetang.bandcamp.com
>dream pop, power pop, alternative
Live album coming Christmas Day!
Recs
Feels like I'm a thunderstorm, interesting stuff

whoa hey that's me

This gives me some Giles Corey vibes with the faint guitar and the wordless vocals in the background. Very eerie.
Also digging that 2-step rhythm that comes in.

Aside from some ambient artists, I haven't heard to many people that go into pure synth soundscapes. These have more energy than that though, very nice.

Can't say I'm entirely into it, but that's just my own tastes. It's a style I don't have much experience with. I really like your singing over this though.

Heavy Kill Bill vibes. Props to you and GF for making gold.

This is hard, goddamn. Super smooth instrumentals and confident delivery. Good shit.

I like a lot of these ideas, but it sounds a bit too clean to me? I don't know how to explain it.

Shoutout to Epiglottis, made one of my favorite albums this year. Also liking Transient Life, it's been a while since I've heard black metal this heavy.

will continue later

Pretty good easy listening production, nice dynamic bits that come in during the rhythm is a nice feature, I love the piano on BUD. GOO is probably my favorite so far. I like this a lot more than some of your recent stuff, feels really fun and energetic while relaxed. Cant wait for your next release!
My stuff is here

Thanks, honestly Bud and Goo are two that I'm really proud of. Been trying out new styles on recent tracks, but not everything can be a winner.

bjornbols.bandcamp.com/

>neofolk and cozy instrumentals
>music for walks

recs are meaningless and lazy

I quite like your voice and the tone and simplicity of the guitar parts I've heard so far. I think your lyrics have cool ideas and feel emotionally charged and authentic but they seem to lack some aspect of colour or variability, there is definite potential though and I see some cohesiveness within the themes of your lyrics just reading through your songs. Maybe explore moving away from an embodied perspective in all your lyrics, but if your intention is to create a very intimate experience with all the lyrics sort of being tethered to your own perspective then I'd say you're doing a good job of that. Anyways just rambling now and procrastinating from working on actual school work. Keep up the great work :)

Also the synth in "She Told Me We Were The Same Woman " works magically with the track, great stuff.

elemantraband.bandcamp.com/

>dream pop
>post punk
>alt rock

tasty new album coming soon

fizzydiscoproductions.bandcamp.com/releases

>alternative

RECS:

melonsoda.bandcamp.com/album/the-flight-of-puggy-jackson
>Indie
>Post Rock
>Emo
>Math Rock

davidberka.bandcamp.com/releases

>Experimental electronic music
>Textured soundscapes
>Ambient moods

Recommendations and thoughts
-
Spooky, love the dark atmosphere along with the scratchy vinyl effect. A really interesting soundscape, I would love to hear more of that kind of stuff. I'm not really a fan of the transition to the ambient house beat that comes in, but the piano and sax parts were quite nice afterwards if not a little bit disjointed. The ambient drone was really nice when it came in. All in all maybe a bit mixed for my liking but very interesting.

Not really sure about this one, the spoken word stuff wasn't really interesting, but it was a nice counterpoint to the music in the background. The mixing was really interesting with a great use of sound separation in each channel. Nonetheless it don't have anything to really hold the listeners attention.

I listened to Atonement, it was really good. A great atmosphere, in fact I bought the album because I liked it so much. really good work, I highly recommenced if you are interested in dark ambient music.

Not bad, but I think it needs a bit of work, the drones are not that interesting, but I like that you are playing with the recording quality and with some more experiments I think I would really like what you put out.

Completely get what you mean about the drones not being too interesting, been in a bit of a rut creatively and trying new things such as synths. Its taking a bit to get used to versus sampling.

Keep at it, look up some tutorials and just experiment. Trying new ideas and using new tools can definitely broaden your horizons but it takes time to learn. Good luck :)

>
good shit man,
origanallcalo

cosmicbards.bandcamp.com

>Jam/Improvised
>Desert/Stoner
>Psychedelic

We try to keep a loose vibe and not take ourselves too seriously. We just released our first full length.

I love the production on this

that album cover is terrible but the music is not bad
i can def hear the yawning man influence in the electric guitar melodies

I really like this, I have a similar improv duo with a friend of mine that you might like. We are going to start releasing stuff on bandcamp soon. soundcloud.com/guhiuh

Also I'm Gonna check out more of your discog cause I love improv music

thanks user

1in10.bandcamp.com/album/mea-culpa

>Edit of Enigma's MCMXC a.D.

droopies.bandcamp.com/album/responsible-people

>alternative psych shoegaze
>vocals drums guitars
free album codes:
uffa-ymhu
v5db-76ap
redeem @ droopies.bandcamp.com/yum

DEC 13th Upcoming show in Philadelphia
songkick.com/concerts/32009744

read about dustupmag.com/droopies-fuzzed-out-dark-dream-responsible-people/

ohtesla.bandcamp.com

>experimental
>acoustic
>insanity

samrihiphop.bandcamp.com

>sample based old school hip hop
>star wars x jazz cuts

i listened to this entire thing bc of the girl you posted and it was basically terrible. barely tuned guitar and stupid fucking autotune vocal bullshit and rhythms so random yalping.

tldr: kys desu thx.

Hey thanks man, I loved that soundcloud too

jaripitkanen.bandcamp.com/album/gora-burya-nevetlen-ujj

>Ambient

Just released my first ep with this new project. Be an upstanding set of gents and peruse this audio upon thine ears and I shall gracefully do likewise with thine.

> Electronic, prog, pop, triphop

Bandcamp: daev.bandcamp.com/

yo i love this shit . when are you gonna release some more?

We have a live album coming at the end of this month which will have recordings for three new songs. Our LP should be out by Summer of 2018 as long as we're still together and can all get the time off to rent a studio

algaexerox.bandcamp.com

> indie
> surfy reverby guitar layers
> lyrical

this one is a depressing folksy EP about graveyards and ghosts, recorded with my gf:
flaminghome.bandcamp.com/album/pink-light-the-ghosts
if you like it, you can rate it here:
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/flaming-home/pink-light-and-the-ghosts/

I know I need to work on mixing and mastering, but I plan on beginning work on a full length LP sometime soon, so any feedback is greatly appreciated :^)