Why haven't good music been made in this region?

why haven't good music been made in this region?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wbZ1PG9DvZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the late 80s american indie scene started in that area

sorry didn't see OP said good music

The Modern Lovers

Ay I got yur back nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=wbZ1PG9DvZc
There has been, it's just hard to find.

Pixies are from Boston

Some good stuff has come from the Boston area but most New England musicians just move to NY when they want to start their careers. So to answer your question, good music hasn't "been made in this region" because the resources aren't there. The best musicians, studios, and venues are congregated in NY, LA and a couple other large cities. There are some mastering engineers and other technical people based in New England though. Bob Ludwig's studio is just down the street from me.

John Lennon is from Maine

New England culture is just New York-lite. Everyone with talent or creativity, thus, moves to NYC.

Checked, goddamn

What? New-England is not England.

do you know where boston is dude?

old gray/sorority noise is from new hampshire

Galaxie 500, the best Boston band, is basically a New York band

Phish

Spose

isn't have a nice life from Connecticut?

KEK

This site has fucking ruined me, I thought that was supposed to be a Sup Forums jew meme at first, Maine is his head and Massachusetts is his hands

Mission of Burma

this

Arab on Radar was formed in CT

Big Blood is one of my favorite bands from Maine. They're kinda obscure though so don't know if anyone here would know of them.

Not him, but Boston is in the highlighted area. That long horizontal state is Massachusetts.

Are you fucking retarded?

Lots of good Boston bands - Galaxie 500, Have Heart... Dino Jr. are from Amherst

maine here. stephen king books are our only worthwhile export,

Suffering is necessary to great art. And the people of New England have generally enjoyed a happy and prosperous life.

yeah, i know Boston is there, but it seemed like was saying "Pixies are from Boston, not New England", maybe I'm just reading it with the wrong inflection

I think you were, but I apologize for being so rude.

Yeah unless you live in fitchburg, worcester, springfield, lowell, dartmouth, fall river, rural NH, Central MA, rural VT, northern RI, etc.

no worries man

from fitchburg, the city is on the rebound out of poverty/general shittiness and seems to be pretty ripe for cultural stuff, I imagine some of the other cities mentioned are the same, yet there is basically no music coming out of these areas

I'm living in Maine now, anyone know any good active psych bands from this part of the country?

Converge

this area gifted us the artistic (autistic) genius known as samuel j. hyde

not good

they sacrificed having a blossoming music scene for the monotony of sports

GG Allin was from New Hampshire

bad and not from the indicated zone

Rich kids get classsically trained instead of being a rockstar.

bridgeport ct here. all the potentially good rappers go 45 minutes to fucking new york. also laura nyro died in danbury if that counts.

some nice areas in Worcester.

Don't come to central MA if you don't want to get into a car accident, it's going to happen. So many drunk drivers.

>t. born and raised in Leominster

I live in CT. Literally every single person under the age of 30 wants to leave for NYC, Denver, Portland, or San Francisco. The only redeeming value of this state is that Rick "Stolen Valor" Blumenthal and Slimy Murphy voted properly on Net Neutrality.

Talking Heads formed at RISD

Phish sucks

Yep. MGMT is from the exact same town as well.

I'm from there. I know a lot of people who make good tunes

They are literally the only Vermont band anyone knows. Please let us have this one thing, even if they do suck, just please pretend they don't.

Pixies are from Amherst

Phish is okay m8

What about phish does anyone like, they sound like the wiggles

Killswitch Engage
Dropkick Murphey's
Joyner Lucas
Aerosmith
The Pixies
Dinosaur Junior
Have Heart
The Carrier
Colin of Arabia
Blood For Blood
Rob Zombie/Powerman 5000
Shadws Fall
Boys Like Girls
Dispatch

That's just Massachusetts. Suck a dick OP.

The Brave Little Abacus

>NYC, Denver, Portland, or San Francisco
Maybe take a good look around at the people you're hanging out with you complete fucking retard

CT is almost entirely stoners and/or libarts fags
Except for Windham and Litchfield. That's for cows, rednecks, and heroin addicts.

I live in Massachusetts and there's actually a noise/power electronics scene here. Pretty neat.

As someone who lives in portland, why would anyone want to live in this shit hole

Too easy to move to New York.

whereabouts?