What went wrong ?

what went wrong ?

too indulgent

nothing

i think they tried to do mpp again but it didn't work out

>too indulgent

lol have you listened to anco before? everything they do is insanely indulgent. the crazy thing is that they can pull it off

lol listen to there older albums

the songs are too short and don't develop or dramatically change throughout like their best ones do

Lmao you're retarded if you think this was a bad album. There's a bit of filler on it, but that's to be expected with a band trying to explore different possibilities in new style of music. There isn't an album in the world that sounds like Painting With.

no one said it was strictly bad, just not up to par with what AnCo is capable of

it's simply okay by AnCo standards

>There isn't an album in the world that sounds like Painting With.

There isn't anything that sounds like Cory Feldman's album... just because there is only 1 of a thing doesn't mean it's good.

People don't like it because the production and vocals sound boring compared to there past albums.

no deakin

/thread

I mean I love Deakin but most of there albums without him are still great.

u n d e r r a t e d

ikr

agreed

>what are you gonna do, go into the forest
>until I really can't remember my name
>I'm gonna come back and things will be different
>I'm gonna bring back some stories and games
AnCo could've ended there, and it would have been a fitting goodbye

yep, better than mpp

lol now this thread is just people saying CHZ is underrated (which it really is)

better than painting with, even though everyone said the opposite when PW came out

the closing track of CHz changed my life

still, with some great tracks taken together, the album is a perfect example of a whole being more than the sum of its parts,

they wanted to make the most annoying music possible and they accomplished that

Nothing.

panda bear's contributions

this

The overuse of the Boys Latin vocal thing was a real shame, it made the songs feel like less consideration had been put into them (whether that was the case or not). But really it seems it was a case of oversimplification of the songwriting and structures. Even though CHz is their next worst album, its still great because it has an unusual sound, unconventional song structures, and is trying something different. Painting With feels exactly like what Animal Collective intended it to be: a safer, lighter album. But sadly some of the AnCo magic and memorability is lost.

Burglars is in their top 5 songs of all time though, holy SHIT what a song

I'm looking foward to when the next AnCo album comes out so it becomes cool to like PW.

truly

Nothing because this is their best album

Bangs live

PULLEYS AND VINES

Floridada is easily their best song, everything else is acceptable

Amanita is one of their best songs

The greatest moment ever on Sup Forums was the live radio stream thread for this. It was fucking magical.

Name one bad AC song.

they said they wanted to do short poppy songs because that's not what they usually do or something like that

It's not abbad album it's just that there was no Deak. The live show was really good on this tour.

Penguin Penguin.

pretty much everything off of Danse Manatee

what does that even mean

>first time going on mu in ~4 months
>STILL fucking posting about this record

Holy shit guys.

Gnip Gnop

Remember they streamed PFs "piper at the gates of dawn" before and some dumb anons thought they were listening to the actual album