Give me reasons why this man isn't the best nba coach of all time

News flash buddy, you can't

No argument here. I'd say the gap between him and Phil is only getting larger too.

Bronze...

How do you think Timmy feels about being the only white guy on the team

RC Buford is the man of the hour. This old man is irrelevant until training camp. He's probably drunk right now.

The closest heir to Tim Duncan--but with an upgraded 3pt shot--the Spurs can get is on the market right now. I don't see why this isn't a bigger deal among fans. This chance at a premier stretch four built for the modern nba comes once in a generation.

>The closest heir to Tim Duncan--but with an upgraded 3pt shot--the Spurs can get is on the market right now.
Who?

Oh nvm, Porzingis. Thought we were talking about the draft.

There aren't many stretch fours around Kawhi's age out there my man. And only one name passed through Woj's lips.

Spurs fans pinning their hopes in the draft = spurs fans giving up on Kawhi and the tendency of the man in the OP to ignore rookies for 2-3 years. You really ready to waste 3 more years of Kawhi

Tim Duncan made Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and Poppovich all HoFers
he's the only reason David Robinson has, not only one ring, but two
his play made players like Bruce Bowen, Stephen Jackson, Danny Green, Boris Diaw, Matt Bonner... into househeld names that garnered huge contracts after huge postseason success
Tim Duncan is best player and teammate of all time, Poppovich himself would agree with everything I just said

Well, I can't really say much as a non-Spurs fan, but seeing Kawhi, Porzingis &..Gasol + Manu, I guess, would be pretty neat considering what could have been in the WCF.

lol

It's the combination of pop+timmy who create an atmosphere of teammates who actually try every possession on both ends and give a shit about each other's success on the court. that and the front office finding tons of quality roleplayers who will also buy into the system
duncan, pop and rc could turn any team into a dynasty

Even as someone not as invested in this franchise's contentionship bid, but someone who says he watched the wcf, remember Aldridge's open corner 3 in the final three minutes of G1 as a response to Durbeta's dagger? He bricked it and the Kawhiless Spurs lost that winnable, series-setting game by 2 points.

KP6 would have iced that shot.

The light skin guy who coaches the Cavs is desu. This was unanimous after last year's guidance.

He is great but he has some incomprehensible mistakes in ley moments like in the finals he lost against lelbron

You are 100% correct in your assessment of NBA coaches OP.

>le funny interviews man
>le social justice man
>le whine about refs man
>le whine about opposing players man
>le fuck blumph man
>le get btfo by the 8th seed memphis man
>le never repeat man

>popavich "i don't think little children should be starving"
>reddit: "wow so classy i love pop"

>>le fuck blumph man
Every time.

>getting butthurt that someone insults the president
who cares

Phil Jackson is goat manager 1A and Pop is 1B. Phil Jackson had the superstars, but also had to deal with massive assholes. Pop had superstars, but not quite the same level and he didn't have to deal with stars with massive egos. He had the perfect darlings to buy into his coaching. I mean you have the shy autistic Duncan, friendly ginobili, military Robinson, etc...

I am super reluctant to name Phil Jackson the GOAT when he got to coach a number of the greatest players of all time, including the literal GOAT himself. Plus Shaq could have wound up as the GOAT if he hadn't been so fat and lazy, and he was neither under Phil. Phil had multiple All-Timers with him during his time with both the Bulls and Lakers. Pop had Duncan, but who else? Maybe Robinson, but I'm not sure I'd put him that high. And nobody else but that. I love Parker and Ginobili but they're not all-time greats. Pop consistently got it done with less talent than Phil.

KERR
E
R
R

All Pop had was the greatest PF ever, a top 10 centre of all time, one of the best perimeter defenders of all time, two HoF guards, and a future HoF forward who is a top 5 player in the league currently.

I am tired of the memes that Pop has won without superstars. Throughout his career he has had deeper teams than Phil.

Im not a spurs fan but you cant really believe this? jackson had the #2 player of ALL TIME(Kareem is #1), on the lakers, shaq is a top 5 centre top 15 player, same with kobe, second greatest sg, top 15 player, thats not even mentioning pippen or rodman etc

We all know that Phil had better top end players. My complaint is that people claim that Pop's 5 championships are somehow superior to Phil's 11 because Phil had better superstars. It's an opinion held by people who wants others to think they appreciate basketball on a deeper level than the average viewer.

the rings argument is fucking retarded. please stop using it.

I guarantee you, it pop had a jordan, he could definitely have won 6 with him too.

It's a matter of how wide the talent disparity is. Phil had the most talented players under him of any coach ever, and it's not close. Even Red Auerbach's Celtics teams weren't as stacked as Phil's Bulls and Lakers teams.

>managerial skills talking point
This old narrative was true last decade. Now, Pjax' star player wants nothing to do with him while Popovich has convinced the ego of 2x champion Pau Gasol to come off the bench, and now to take less money, two things no other coach has ever been able to make Pau do. Popovich is entry number 1 in the shortlist to replace K, while new yorkers pass the time shitting on Phil's name.

K?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

?

he's just a shit Željko Obradović. He even confessed that he copies his tactics off him

Phil isn't the coach anymore. He's the GM. You think he has a personal relationship with his players now like he used to back when he coached? So this current Porzingis issue is a non factor in this argument.

The Bulls werent even that fucking stacked. The Lakers were in 2000 but not really after that.

Dude was raising managerial skill comparisons. Now you saying Phil literally has a manager's title, he shouldn't be judged how he manages. Pause and think for a blink.

Losing to an 8th seed in the first round

sweeping lebron twice

>the rings argument is retarded
>proceeds to make a rings argument

Epic

you are so fucking retarded its not even funny.

get help

Good argument

I'm convinced

Phil's legacy is tainted because of his stint in NY

>kerr
A pile of hay could coach that team and win (see: walton, blsck man) but only a special retard would blow a 3-1 lead with that team. Kerr is shit and also jackson made that team and kerr took all the glory

you win that shit without your center, powerforward with your guard being hurt.

the warriors were robbed by the nba

>Phil Jackson is goat manager 1A
Fucking Die

t. Knocks Fan

They were still up 3-2 when green returned, bogut is not fucking shaq since when is he important to anyone and steph wasn't injured seriously enough to have surgery in the off season so all your points are invalid. Are you skip bayless?

coaches matter very little in the nba. possibly less than baseball managers (why is baseball a manager and every other sport a coach? NFL head coach is more of a manager than anyone).
did you idiots even watch the finals? one coach wasn't there and the other is not taken seriously.

OP status: BTFO

>ywn experience that tournament on Sup Forums

They were less hurt than the Cavs were the previous season. So I don't really buy into it. If 2016 doesn't count, then neither does 2015.

>le fuck blumph man

Holy shit someone spoke against Donald Trump?

How fragile are you that you can't accept that we elected an idiot. Are you still buttmad at muslims for not letting you genocide them?

Because he's certainly the coach of the Knicks. You guys are retarded for believing in him as a GM when his entire reputation was built on coaching.

Man management is a big part of being a head coach. There is an Xs and Os part of coaching, and there is a handling of egos part. Some are better than others in one aspect. For example, Sir Alex Ferguson for Manchester United is often seen as one of the goats of the sport, but his style of coaching was mostly as a man manager. He knew how to get everyone working together. Same with Mourinho.

Others are like Pop. It's dumb to dismiss one method for another. Don't assume that Pop would get better results with the players Phil had, and don't assume that Phil would get better results with Pop's players.

He's the Messi of basketball coaches.

We've never seen him do it on any other team. He's certainly great, but he also has never been in a shitty situation and the Spurs organization has prvided him with an amazing amount of control and stability since forever. He never had to deal with shitty owners and GM's pressuring him to give in to star players' whims or any of that shit. Maybe he could deal with those situations amazingly and succeed greatly anywhere else, but we just don't know.

idiot

>cries about trump
>calls someone else buttmad and fragile
What did he mean by this?

>he gets triggered by someone getting triggered that someone said something bad about trump
>so triggered he's bringing up an imaginary Muslim genocidal straw-man "insult" (?)

pathetic

your

>he doesn't relate/equivalate rings/championships to success

what fucking world do you live in ? you are a dumb fuck. please stop posting or even coming to this site idiot

I hate when dumb casuals look up shit on wikipedia and pretend like they know basketball.

The Spurs never had all of those things at the same time. Robinson had a HoF career, mostly because of what he did before Duncan. He was just a solid player in their first championship and a complete role player by their second.

Duncan already had 3 rings before Parker ever even made an all-star team. Ginobili had ONE by that point. Let that sink in. And they're HoFers because of their total career, especially international in Ginobili's case. Stop trying to create this false equivalency that their HoFers are comparable to guys like Pippen and Rodman or Shaq.