WTF? I hate hipsters now

Saw the first show and I hated every character.

B-but didn't you see it had good reviews goy? You wouldn't want people to think you're a normie

I saw somewhere that the creators said it was "satire" of millennials, which I'm pretty sure they just had after the fact to justify how insanely hateable the characters on the show are.

It's win win for them, because either people say the characters are so "real" and so they take credit for that, or people say the characters are annoying as fuck, and they say "well, they're supposed to be, it's satire."

Either way, I watched the first episode and that was it for me.

Same way I felt with that You're the worst show and that Fleabag show

Just shitty, unfunny people

Just finished it, it's ok. She's good throughout. And it did satire memellenial culture. Every character was pretty much an awful person.

>Every character was pretty much an awful person
Especially Chantal

>that ugly chick from arrested development is still getting roles

are you fucking kidding me?

also what show is this

>not hating hipsters since the emo kids from high school turned into them
you're late faggot

It's Ilana Glazer, not Alia Shawkat (although they do have a lesbian episode together if you're into that)

I've avoided them

I also hated the characters but still really liked the show. I especially liked the ending and to this guy if you watch the whole thing it you'll see millennial satire is a pretty apt description.

is that maeby?

ops pic is alia shawkat you faceblind autist this isn't a broad city thread

perhaps

Maybe tonight
?

It's garbage of course; Cliched semi-autobuographical Jews in the city and their White People Problems utilizing sloppy improv tier non-sequitur driven banter instead of sharp writing, with no one acting as if they aren't just doing a stand up routine. Shot and slapped together like a youtube video.

But that Jewess makes me fucking diamonds.

>show about lazy, disaffected, purposeless hipsters is full of unlikable characters.

Pretty sure that's intentional.

do you think were talking about broad city

That's not Alia shawkat. She's far from Jewish. Her father is an Arab Iraqi and her mom is Italian.

>thinking because you depict turds properly it makes the program enjoyable

at the end of they day,they are still turds

High Maintenance was pretty good as far as hipster trash goes. Still going to avoid Brooklyn when I move to NYC.

So you're saying the Great Gatsby was a shitty book because none of the characters were likable?

GG had nick and daisy.

fuck off.

You're the reason TV is plagued by garbage prime time shows full of perfect lil cookie-cutter characters, incapable of offending anyone or doing anything thought-provoking.

>Daisy
>likable
I'll give you Nick, the only reason he isn't a shitbag like the rest of the characters is because he needed to be the reliable narrator.

gatsby was likeable, he just wasnt a very morally good person

The problem is that they're unlikeable AND uninteresting

Its always sunny in philadelphia does it right when it comes to asshole characters who are funny because you're laughing at them. In these shows they seem like boring assholes

if this is the alternative,i really don't care.
fuck millenials.

Daisy was a useless rich girl who married a guy for his money, wanted to leave her child behind when she got bored with her life and then killed another person and let her ex boyfriend take the fall for it.

Nick was a passive sycophant who just glommed onto Gatsby because he was charming. Granted he eventually came to see how fucking awful everybody was, but not until the end of the book.

They're not likable people.

>moving to any city
this fuckin guy

Why is TBS so hipster now? I loved it back when it was "the breakroom". Now they have like 4 hours of Seth Mcfarlane every day, that shitty alien show and this shitty show.

>doesn't know what demographics are
>posts anyway

for you,one defending a show about hipsters.

I loved this show. One of the 10 best this year.

>"It's boring"
>"I didn't like the characters"
>"It's about something stupid"

This is what passes for critical evaluation these days.

>>"It's boring"
>>"I didn't like the characters"

Critics literally say this all the fucking time, do you even read reviews?

How each character seemed to have a tenuous grasp on reality was really well characterized.
The entire series is about failure, basically. And a bit of chaos theory.

oh man, the alien show is shitty? I was secretly hoping that it would be comfy and fun to watch

Yes, and they suck.

You're literally no better than some hack blogger if you can't formulate an intelligent opinion on why you didn't like something beyond "it's about people I don't like"

But you don't, sometimes you just don't like things

why don't you like a certain food? You just don't.

All that really tells me is that you can't artculate your thoughts.

Yes there are foods I don't like, but I can tell you why. It's because I dont like the texture, or the smell, or how it was prepared, not just "it's gross"

>artculate

neither can you,now go shill elsewere faggot.

God fucking damnit. I really try to defend my city because there is some cool shit here, but every fucking opportunity there is Toronto just disappoints me with some fat fucking sjw cunt being paraded around on the internet. FUCK.

You can't counter my argument so you focus on a typo, because you're too lazy to actually think about things. You're exactly who TV producers love to shovel out shit like Search Party for.

>You're exactly who TV producers love to shovel out shit like Search Party for.

>knows it shit even though hes probably only seen one or two eps

hypocrite.

Where can I see this? Is it on eztv or hulu ?

Why do millennials do this?

I don't think you know what the word hypocrite means.

This.
Always Sunny has shitbag characters, but manages to succeed as a funny comedy. The gang always gets what's coming to them and the show never paints what they're doing in positive in any way.

I dont think you know how to properly critiq shows and are mad people are shitting on something you enjoy and can't defend why.

She's like a poor mans Milana Vayntrub

I marathoned the first episode and it mostly sucked but the scene where they find the shirt in the woods was amazing. I'd never heard that background song before but it was so good that I briefly felt like I was watching a Bryan Fuller song.

Jesus, not everyone is a professional critic. And those are perfectly acceptable reactions. Not everyone is able to (or cares enough to) articulate any nuanced critiques of a program.

Hell, if someone doesn't like it, they shouldn't even have to defend themselves. There's obviously some reason, but it's unreasonable to expect everyone to focus that much on something they clearly don't like.

I'm not mad people are shitting on a show, I'm mad people can't intelligently explain why they don't like a show beyond simple, knee jerk statements.

I don't give a fuck if you like or hate Search Party, but you should at least be able to articulate WHY you like or hate it beyond "It's great!" or "It sucked!"

What specifically don't you like about the characters? Why did you find the plot boring? Etc. Etc.

"The characters are unlikable" is not a proper critique because lots of shows have unlikable characters.

>marathoned
>first episode
pick one

>Brooklyn
didn't the web series take place in manhattan?

Dude, this is a board specifically created for talking about TV shows and movies, this is exactly the place you're supposed to talk about shit like that.

Have you watched this show? What did you like/dislike about it?

i wanna take some notes from a professional :^)

Gtfo newfag

>this is a board specifically created for talking about TV shows and movies
I thought it was for posting pictures of disney starlets' feet

I'm not a professional, you don't have to be a professional to have thoughts and opinions on things. It's just called using your brain.

I keep seeing ads because I watch TBS for Seinfeld, American Dad, Family Guy and Bob's Burgers.

That show looks so ungodly awful. All the characters look beyond annoying. And I don't think that chicks tits show up at all.

???

????????????

Way to not even discuss the show.

if you were in any other thread like for westworld or vice principals this would not be an issue but you are choosing a C-list show no one cares enough to form opinions on either way to give yourself a little confidence boost for the day.

Go ahead,eat your tendies,you earned them.

You're not discussing the show either......

>watching television
that was your first mistake, gramps

I thought that was just a fringe benefit?

kek

Is this one of those shows that trots around ugliness, despair and mediocrity like it's artful/funny?

millenials can't get hard from 3d girls so they gotta prime themselves

im not the one who complained about the show and the lack of good criticism for it whilst not sharing my own thoughts.

how dare people try to find humor in everyday ife

West World threads really aren't much better.

There's a bit more discussion but it's mostly shrink ray jokes, arguing about pet theories and some guy whining about niggers and feminism.

because you are not reading the threads as the shows airing.

the conversation will evolve at the end of the season once they reveal how the shrink ray actually works

>I'm not going to think about things, that's someone else's job

This is why millenials are failing.

She's not Jewish, you know?

And it sucks that American Dad got worse once it went onto TBS

i never read reviews.i just want to see what mr.high and mightys thoughts are.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to fuck her.

>wheredoyouthinkyouare.mkv

NEED a Jewish gf lads

same

Mi-wanna Vayn-chub.

I'll second that opinion. I really tried to like it too.

To be fair though, every woman is inferior to her

me on the right

I liked it. The resolution was a little predictable given the logical fallibility of the protag but it was a fun ride nonetheless.
The boyfriend was a fun character. he was like a millenial Reaganite who fell in love with a girl that wasn't quite who he was but tried to make it work.
The last ep was a good payoff and hit my nerves as far some types of portrayed violence go.

>dubs

that's a life situation i wish for.

>nyc
fucking dropped
boring characters in a shithole city no thanks

>moving to nyc
fucking idiot

NYC is literally the only city that matters aside from Paris

France is grey and needs a shower

sure if youre a hipster/yuppie faggot

what are your other 9?

she looks entirely jewish