HARREHDIDYOUPUTYERNAMEINDAGOBLETOFFYAH?

HARREHDIDYOUPUTYERNAMEINDAGOBLETOFFYAH?

>adaptation
since when are adaptations 100% accurate?
public needs to be entertained

What did you expect from one of the dullest franchises in etc etc.

still funny the way he said it

It's very out of character and makes things inconsistent

He was just concerned for his safety.

Harris was way better as Dumbledore.

What else did you expect from one the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Dumbledore can easily read people minds only watching them in the eyes ,besides,he is always hieratic and calm,so it doesnt make any sense.
but whatever,worse things could happen.

Nah the intro doesn't fit, try again.

Gambon was a terrible Dumbledore. Harris had the perfect portrayal, and Gambon went in an entirely different, and shitty, direction.

Oh wow, it is like if instead of just copypasting the book into a script there had been some knd of mysterious "scriptwritter" who had altered substantially the original text because he thought it was appropriate

He was decrepit. He was barely even mobile at that point and wheezed out every line. One of Dumbledore's most prominent qualities was that he was spry for his age, full of life.

The gif you and the other tumblr reddit teens use to back up your argument is pointless. Are you really going to be pedantic enough to look up specific moments in the book and compare them to the movies? Spoiler alert, they're going to be different. Constantly. A single instance does not a stupid point prove.

And even if we're going off the books, Dumbledore grows - as you put it - seemingly bipolar as time goes on. He's conflicted, contradictory, and full of ulterior motives. And batshit insane? He's called almost exactly that very often by other characters.

Anybody who honestly thinks Harris was a superior Dumbledore either didn't read the books or just didn't get them. Which is hard to do.

No.

intro just felt lazy desu

After the third or fourth movie, the books were written with the actors in mind

Plus his sense of panic is overexaggerated.

Oh no, Harry Potter is now a participant in our school sports meet. Oh the humanity

That's some stale ass pasta.

HOWEVER

Loose adaptations are only worthwhile if they're good.

I love the books, but the movies are kind of disappointing. Liked Fantastic Beasts though.

Well done Dumbleposter, well done Dumbleposter
>however

What's going on man? You feeling OK? Yo haven't done custom intros.