Why are black people so good at music?

you can look through practically every single genre of music and at its inception you will find a nigger. its actually pretty astonishing

how did a race of people who are practically useless in every aspect of life manage to be so influential in one single category

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DM8j4AF06II
youtube.com/watch?v=1zsRh-TBgrk
youtube.com/watch?v=D5hCGaOWdwE
youtube.com/watch?v=ILEwUaLo9D8
youtube.com/watch?v=9M4gca_uLB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If I see this ugly fat faced bitch one more time. Her lips the same color as her skin god dammit. Big forehead ass bitch.

Except for classical and electronic which are the greatest

Because if get banned from all other forms of media and entertainment, music is all you got and if you keep doing one thing you become good at it.
Like why does jamaica have so much music influence? because making your own sound system/music was all they could do as freetime (except for drugs and sex offcores)

>What is BET

this
both whitey

You shouldn't be able to type this stuff here, you should keep it to the racist board :/

>Except for classical

>electronic
um nuh-huh sweetie

youtube.com/watch?v=DM8j4AF06II

u honestly trying to say something created in the late 80s was the start of electronic music
gtfo

>you can look through practically every single genre of music and at its inception you will find a nigger.
Not western classical. Western classical was mostly home-grown and developed, with some external influence from the near east.

If you want to know why most popular music ostensibly originates with black people, it's because in their war of attrition with white people and cultures, Jews have sought to push non-white influences to the fore in the industry, to degrade European cultures and traditions.

Swing, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Hip-hop, R&B, Ska, Motown, if you look through the histories of any of these, it was never a matter of blacks miraculously getting the attention of whites with their new and vivifying music, there were almost always Jews who acted at the intersection.

I always wonder how music would've developed in different cultures if all the black freedmen had been repatriated to Liberia, and the Jews extirpated to Israel or Madagascar or whatever other hairbrained Zionist or Nazi plan there was.

The question shouldn't be relevant, but because Jews and their shabbat goyim are constantly eagre to assert the idea of black inception, innovation and near complete ownership of music, it's a question that is bound to prop up.

Personally, I worry that it would have been detrimental both to white and black cultures.

anti-semitism has no place here. go back

I didn't see you complaining about OPs use of "nigger"

don't be silly.

you might not like it but black people have been thoroughly important in the development of techno and other popular electronic music genres

go circlejerk some more to stockhausen you pseudo-intellectual supremacists

> kraftwerk

literally the oldest mathematical artifact on earth is 35,000 years old and was found in Uganda

>invents math
>electronic music
>classical music

/thread

We wuz komposerz

What giant leap in logic does it take for a black to think that just because this exists

youtube.com/watch?v=1zsRh-TBgrk

That somehow they can take credit for this

youtube.com/watch?v=D5hCGaOWdwE

And completely devalue the contribution of non-africans to the development of music?

lol

>Black as lowest quality
>Asian highest
>Cites a fucking video game composer and trash like merzbow

10/10

I'd say you're close but you're a bit clouded up by anti-semitism. Going back to Dvorak he noticed that for America to create its own, unique music, they'd need to draw from the fact that they had European expatriate cultures, an "American" (really European-American) and an African-American culture going on at the same time. This took off with the recording industry, which is why Tin Pan Alley exists. America could not carve out its cultural niche were it not for it acknowledging it wasn't like the Europeans to a T and proudly displaying that. And America has always wanted to distance itself from Europe when it's strong and get closer when it's weak.

It's really because the world has been ridiculously Americanized, and America is not, has not been, and likely will never be purely white.

Blacks invented Chinese music too!

youtube.com/watch?v=ILEwUaLo9D8

youtube.com/watch?v=9M4gca_uLB4

no one is devaluing non-african people here.
literally not one post has done that.
the only people who have been discredited and torn down here are africans.
are you retarded?
don't bother to answer it's obvious.

fuck your parents chimp.

>plays victim card after ONE post about the origins of mathematics and already looks weaker

Jews

Interesting application of "victim card". At least I didn't stoop to ad hominems.
And you know exactly the context of what I was talking about, and why it's relevant to this thread.

the fact that the us was founded as a white nation is one of the hardest pills to swallow but keep it up

Why is it hard anyway? I'm mixed race, but it's pretty obvious what the founders thought.

the fact the us was founded as a democratic country does not invalidate the fact that it has been controlled by corporations for half a decade now

fwiw I'm the person you were replying to, is not.
I don't care what the ethnic mixture of the Americas is nearly as much as I do of Europe. If America's culture was bound to take from a mixed racial background, I don't care. But my problem comes with how that American culture was then so easily exploited, hot off the heels of two wars which crippled Europe and gave America the economic boost through profiteering off war, in order to become A world superpower (including culturally), to the detriment of Europe.
Britain did a good job of keeping up, and much of the rest of Europe has also contributed to the development of music, but that's all we've ever managed to do since, continuously trailing behind America with all our innovations merely building on American foundations.
We need to be able to achieve what America achieved in the 20th century, but first we need America to be as bombed into oblivion as we were.

>Interesting application of "victim card".

you seem weak minded and insecure that you have some recessive genes so i guess that plays right into why you victimized yourself and your entire culture after one post about the origins of mathematics.

>At least I didn't stoop to ad hominems.

lol seriously? second victim card played. hilarious your insecurity speaks volumes. except the fact that this entire thread calling black people 'niggers' for having one different genetically dominant sequence and claiming they are useless in every facet of life exists and you have actively participated in this diatribe.

>And you know exactly the context of what I was talking about, and why it's relevant to this thread.

don't ever talk for me or assume anything, it literally shows how small your mind is that you can't comprehend a mental space outside of your own undeveloped mind. i would say learn to engage and listen but you are already too stupid obviously. the niggers you claim you hate is the nigger you actually are to me.

U R A FUKN DUM RECESSIVE APE

2-0.
;)

>Accuses me of playing the victim card
>Goes on a diatribe about how everyone's hating on niggers in this thread.
I was very purposefully avoiding using the word "nigger" myself, and in not one of my post did I put down black people for their culture.
>the niggers you claim you hate
quit projecting, vulnerable narcissist.

the fact there has been no major war on american soil in the past 100 years is upsetting as fuck

your reliance on tumblr irony invalidates any points you might have given us

no.

>Flying Lotus
>Dean Blunt
>James Ferraro
>Actress
>even Kanye kind of

plenty of good black electronic musicians

Trust a nigger to derail this thread.

I don't doubt it was founded as a white nation, but through its history and its culture the only way the US would not be affected by its non-white cultures present within their lands would be through, quite plainly, ethnic genocide.
I don't think that's possible with America, the place's too big and too well prepared to wage long guerilla warfare to really do anything with it. And if they collapse pretty much everyone else goes with them as well. Am I a particular fan of what's going on? Not really, though I find the study of America's development away from Europe but still trying to have the same prestige really interesting. I don't think it's possible to put down the US. The only real way for American culture to be put down is with heavy isolationism and ultranationalism when it comes to cultures, but it's gonna take years and years and years.

your post basically answers itself

music and sports are the only place they were ever acknowledged and not systematically oppressed

add yves tumor to that. probably my favorite electronic albums in the last 5 years

I think a lot of misunderstanding happens between black and white culture because white people don't realise that many black languages are actually musical. That is, it's not just what words are said but how the words change in pitch and rhythm (and dynamics) as they are said. In this way, a word like bless (or hate) could have hundreds of different meanings based on how they are musically communicated. Because of this, music seems to have much deeper roots in black culture and is more significant to black people in general. And so it also makes sense that they excel at music and make music white people would not be expecting--and then which is usually enjoyable.

Music is a very deep thing to black people, and I suspect much of the current social problems can be explained by the fact that white people don't realise how important music is to other cultures. Also interesting is that binary communication seems to have invented by log drumming in Africa, which then inspired the iching, which then inspired Leibniz to modernise binary, and then inspired Turing to make the Turing machine, which inspired the creation of computers. Perhaps that seems like a stretch, but music at the very least, is really important to black people and that's why they succeed at it.

Tonality in language isn't a uniquely African thing, it's not completely absent in European languages, and as a concept it isn't that difficult to grasp even if your mother tongue isn't tonal.
English isn't a tonal language, but intonation, dynamics and the manner of how you speak certainly modulates meaning in verbal communication - it's the difference between a sincere and a sarcastic "thanks!"

I don't see the correlation between tonality in language, and melody in music. If anything, Europeans advanced melody, harmony and counterpoint to a greater extent than Africans, whereas Africans developed a culture of music with a strong focus on rhythm and percussion well beyond that of Europeans. Think of western classical music. Percussion is mainly used as an accent, rather than to set time, and before the dawn of recorded music, tempo was more fluid and the beat not set in stone, being subordinated to melody.

I think music is naturally important to - and universally enjoyed by - all humans. However, Africans may have been free in their music expression throughout centuries when Europeans and Middle Easterners had restrictions placed on them when it came to musical expression because of religious dogma - its development in the West filtered through being the preserve of the First Estate (religious bodies) foremost, then the Second Estate (aristocracy and the elite), who dominated Western music tradition and didn't pay heed to whatever music commoners entertained themselves with. With blacks, they managed to maintain a continuous strand of their common music right up to the dawn of popular music.

The majority of descriptions of day to day life in Western Europe describe huge amounts of musicality even in the cities. Western European popular and folk music went extinct because the churches (especially in Protestant countries due to the proscriptions put on music in the Bible) and the aristocracy stopped approving of it and patronizing it, considering it of lower aesthetic and moral value to court, church/choir and Opera music. The Industrial Revolution additionally created a lot of upheaval and homogenization and lot of georgian and victorian literature condemns the licentiousness of many types of national and regional music and dance. Nationalism and notions of being 'Western' often created a total uniformity emanating from the perspective of the aristocracy and aspirant middle classes. Only antiquarians and some romanticists bucked this trend but a gigantic amount of forms of music and dance were exterminated

Once the lower classes in Western Europe (and even places like East Germany) began to gain a disposable income they identified more readily with roots and outsider American music, not the gentrified suburban versions of the top 40. The cycle repeated itself with punk, dance, rap. Classical music was never intended to be heard by the majority of whites regardless of how much 'muh White Western Civilization' morons on this thread like to pretend otherwise

Hah, we posted 12 seconds apart and touched on the same points.

>Classical music was never intended to be heard by the majority of whites regardless of how much 'muh White Western Civilization' morons on this thread like to pretend otherwise
I don't think anyone claimed this, user. The claim was that it was style of music predominantly developed in Europe without any real influence from African music traditions - not that it was stereotypical of European music.