Success breeds jealousy

SPORTAFLOP BTFO

He was a prick

>quit job
>your employers find a replacement
>"nah I was just kidding give me my job back"
>damage your own reputation as well as your replacement
>quit again anyway not much later

He was a promising upcoming comic who sold out early. That and the fact that his show catered to the lowest common denominator and middle america.

So pretty much this

He didn't quit, NBC basically fired him with a five year warning, but when the time was near for him to actually leave and he started looking for another network they pussied out and offered him a 10pm show instead. Leno took it and the show was meeting it's ratings targets, but the local NBC affiliates hated it and forced it off the air. NBC moved Leno's show back to late night, and Conan was triggered by this and quit. Leno never quit the show at any point.

He's not funny and we don't know where he came from or why he's been around for so long
He just appeared one day and made us listen to his unfunny jokes for 30 years

f

Non-Americans love Jay Leno?

what about when he stopped doing Late Night the second time?

NBC didn't renew his contract, unlike Stewart or Letterman he didn't consciously retire, he was pushed out because NBC wanted Fallon in his slot. He's a massive workaholic with no life, he would have done the show until he died if he could have.

No one likes you, Jay.

This wasn't that bad for a made for tv movie.

Jay vs Conan movie fucking when?

>A few days after the film's premiere, John Michael Higgins was booked on Late Show with David Letterman (1993) to talk about the movie and what it was like to portray Letterman. Higgins then sat in the green room as Letterman spent the next hour padding bits and doing filler, all the while promising Higgins was "coming up". At the end of the show Letterman apologized to Higgins for "running out of time", pointedly saying he hoped the actor could "come back again soon." Higgins was never re-booked.

Non-american here
he is better than your regular host like colbert, Oliver, letterman

They are so bad
>how bad are they
They are so bad that they supported hillary

Is there a late night host more perpetually butthurt than Dave?

Dave always seemed like a total douche

Someone post the video where he crashes a car irl, it's pretty funny.

I also liked Leno for his impartiality and ability to poke fun at himself. Conan isn't so bad but he can be a bit of a jerk and trash talk anything not liberal. Colbert is utter trash. I hope the trend doesn't continue

Who would have thought that in 2016, the two best night shows would be Fallon and Kimmel.

Trevor Noah is actually pretty good, he's certainly far less leftist than Colbert, Bee and current year man

Leno didn't have the spine to support anyone. That doesn't make him any better.

Trevor please go

>the late late show with Craig Ferguson will never exist again

Jay unintentionally invented the JUST meme by making Gino famous.

youtu.be/818sxyKiRqE

He was a heartless bastard and you know it

BASED JAY

Is he /ourguy/?

Pretty much... Hell i hated him for the longest because i was such a huge Conan fan, but the idiots behind the scenes at NBC at the time were the ones that created that whole shitty situation. Leno probably didn't even have any say in the process when it was decided to bump the Tonight Show back a half-hour for that crappy little show they gave him to make sure he didn't switch networks

Absolutely.

Craig Ferguson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> James Corden

Mongolian here. I like his garage youtube channel.

better writers and better delivery tho

This is what actually happened, to all of the Conan Kool-Aide Krew.

Leno is a stand-up legend. And all of the greats agree with this. He never stopped touring even when he had the Tonight Show. He's seriously an inspiration.

Conan on the other hand had a really funny show back in the late 90s/early 2000s but essentially lost his edge along the way. He's a writer that's past his prime. Sadly he's still one of the best late night hosts out there because of a lack of competition, but he'll never be as subversive and great as he was back in the day.

For a time he was the modern Letterman.

>Carson wanted to give the daily show to Letterman, Jay leno undercuts Letterman by being cheaper.
>Becomes the tyrant of the tonight night show slot
>eventually "retires",cause writer strike happened
>Conan comes has a rocky start,somehow Jay decides to come back with writer and shit.
>Conan is off NBC cannot perform cause of contract.
>Conan is exiled much like Letterman to cable tv,cause he spot got taken by Jay Leno.

Literally none of this is true

He was the true patriot

He literally did nothing wrong.

>Leno took it and the show was meeting it's ratings targets

It absolutely didn't, that's why they tried to put it to a later timeslot and the whole Conan fiasco started