What is the best thrash metal band of all-time?

What is the best thrash metal band of all-time?

swans

peak metallica

Ride - AJFA

Thrash metal? More like trash metal, amirite?

you're incorrect

Slater is the best thrashmetal band of all time. Everyone else "evolved" out of it. Megadave had the music but never had the voice. Kreator is high ranking too. Anthrax was always a fraud.

dave mustang

dave's voice is the ultimate pleb AND numale filter, if you don't think it sounds god tier on Killing is my Business, Peace Sells, So Far So Good So What and Rust in Peace you need to go back

None. Thrash metal is the most boring and unoriginal form of rock music

Coroner is my favourite

Rust in Peace > every other thrash album.

Maybe Sodom or Dark Angel. Most Thrash bands aren't able to consistently make good album after album. All three of Vektor's albums have been good so far, let's see if they can keep it up now that most of the band has left. Aspid only have one album but it is litrally better than every other Thrash Metal album.

>Anthrax was always a fraud
Opinion discarded.

I bet you listen to midwest emo

Unironically this. What's amazing is that the majority of the guitar work was done by Dave himself, only later Friedman came in with the solos (you can hear the demo of Holy Wars with Poland's solos on it).
The eternal ginger is the godfather of thrash, wasn't he kicked from Metallica they would've been like the beatles of metal.

bump

Believer

Voivod

is that Grimes?

Stone

It's a great album, but the first two are better as thrash albums. Thrash needs a bit of rawness, but Rust in Peace is very clean and precise, and his voice doesn't sound as savage as earlier albums.

Also, Poland > Friedman. I wish he'd rejoined when he did the demos.

Only acceptable answer.

There are a few different schools of thrash metal, OP. Even then it's best to choose the very best one in each category, since thrash metal bands tend to be very inconsistent and often put out one god-tier album that the rest of their discographies can't match.

In terms of melodic, sorta-progressive thrash, 80s Metallica are the kings. Their only real challengers in this field are Megadeth and maybe Heathen and 80s Testament. Artillery's By Inheritance is a masterpiece of the kind of thrash Metallica were doing, but none of their other albums even come close to being as good. I don't know how they caught that lightning in a bottle.
Voivod and Coroner are the kings of progressive/technical thrash. Dimension Hatröss and Mental Vortex are just some of the best metal albums, period.
As for the more brutal thrash metal, Slayer are probably the most consistent. The really brutal thrash metal bands are even more inconsistent; Devastation, for example, put out a real turkey of a debut album, but a near-masterpiece in their final album, Idolatry.

Metallica post-1990

no on is saying Sepultura but the answer is Sepultura

nope but schizophrenia is severely underrated

I will disregard this post because you disagree with me, but yes schizophrenia is very good. Beneath the Remains is peak thrash

Dave can't sing to save his life and the lyrics he writes are cringy as fuuuuck.

Wouldn't want it any other way.

You forget that Cliff basically wrote the entirety of Master of Puppets.

Also Reminder that Hetfield is an autistic workhorse that was always held back by LArs and never achieved peak without Dave.

Hammet is a literal retard.

Sodom

Album? Agent Orange

Hammett definitely wrote the bridge riff to Creeping Death, the chorus riff to Master of Puppets, and the main riff to Trapped Under Ice. That's a decent track record.

Good album

Municipal Waste

Havok - Time Is Up