Was he an android?

Was he an android?

No, he was human. I wish he had a bigger part in the mvovie.

I appreciate this thread and I've been meaning to make it.

Consider the following: the proper standalone "Alien" film franchise has four entries. Three of these feature a character that we are initially to assume as human, but which is eventually revealed to be a robot (Ash, Bishop, Call).

If we "ret-con" this trope onto the third film, then in the total absence of reasonable "droid-plant" possibilities in the body of the film, then we are forced to acquiesce in the necessity of Bishop II being a droid, as is partially (though not definitively-production was a mess) suggested by what is shown.

None of this rescues Alien III from being a turgid and unnecessary film, however, much less the next one, and don't any of you ever forget it.

I don't see how anyone could say he was a human so definitively. First of all, no human is going to take getting whacked so hard in the head with a wrench that his ear is torn off like 'Bishop II' does in this movie.

The only indicator that he might be a human is that his blood is red, but I refuse to believe that a company like Weyland-Yutani couldn't color an android's blood in an attempt to fool someone.

The Alien series ended at Aliens for me; Newt, Bishop, and Hicks all survive, and Ripley finally faces her fears to save her friends.

The fucking end

You will probably disagree with me, friend, but let's not forget that AVP featured the 'original' Bishop, Charles Bishop Weyland. If we accept this as canon (I do) then it's even more farfetched to believe there just so happens to be another human a hundred or so years into the future who looks just like him, genetics or not.

Given the recent video games' liberal use of Bishop androids holding high positions in the company (almost always related in some way to the Bio-Weapons division) I don't think it's a stretch that this was a common tactic - using the Bishop androids as 'company men' in an attempt to capture and study an alien specimen.

No, a replicant.

Of course.

Bump.

Oh boy. If you posted this at AVP Galaxy you'd have a 1000 replies in an hour. They love arguing about stupid shit like this.

I thought about it, hell I'll probably end up posting there depending on how many more drinks I have tonight. What do you think, user? Android or human?

Wouldn't it be a big damn coincidence if he wasn't? How long after Aliens was Alien3? Long enough for OG Bishop to not age beyond looking like the androids?

And it also depends on whether or not that piece of shit AvP movie is canon. The fucking video games and comic books do a better job than that failure at expanding the universe.

I always thought android.

Android my triplet man. No way they send original Bishop there. No way he can have his ear hanging with a piece of skin like that and not screaming like there's no end to the pain.
Also, AVP is not canon. That never happened, only in the mind of some fan that loved to write fan fiction.

Cyborg

AVP isn't too bad, user. AVPR, sure, but AVP is a solid monster flick.

Also, Alien 3 takes place like four or five months after Aliens.

If I remember despising AVP is it worth another look? I remember the cast being a bunch of useless nobodies who all die immediately, the action being dark and boring and the plot shitty and basic to the point of being less interesting than Requiem.

AVPR make sense, ship gets fucked and crashlands. Shenanigans ensue on a small town.
Alien 4 is utter bullshit from start to end. Has the most god awful moments and weird shit without purpose of all the movies.
Still let's pretend all the AVP thing never happened, specially Weyland and his shit demise in the north pole or the black chick earning respect... WTF.

well if you go by what he said ripley then he was NOOOOOOOOOT A DROOOOOOOOOOOOID

also if you go by common sense no he wasn't. he bleeds red blood, he cries out in pain and is visibly disabled after being attacked when droid bishop acted unfazed after being eviscerated by the queen, plus the minor fact that it would add nothing to the story and the only reason people debate about it is because him getting hit with the pipe was cut out of the theatrical version.

Yeah, you should re-watch it. I think most people go into it expecting some sort of cerebral sci-fi movie like the original Alien or Aliens (I use the word 'cerebral' lightly here, but you know what I mean). Just watch it with the same mentality that you'd watch a 1950's B-movie. It's a lot of fun in my humble opinion...

I'll try. This had better not be fucking garbage.

They show him getting hit in the theatrical version, and he takes getting his ear lobbed off with a wrench pretty lightly.

Like I said earlier, it's not the company would be unable to make a 'stealth droid' with red blood and basic pain recognition systems. Hell, even earlier in Alien 3 the original android Bishop shows signs of discomfort.

>tfw liked Requiem.

I just wanted a dumb action flick with violence and i feel requiem delivered.

I always thought Requiem was a passable attempt at the AvP concept. Not quite a failure, but pretty much as low as you could possibly go before being classified a failure.

Is this Alien 3 or AVP?
Either way he's not an android, he is actually bad writing.

Alien 3. He inexplicably shows up to tempt Ripley into coming with him to remove the Alien Queen inside of her.

That's not the only time Lance Henriksen shows up for no reason. He's like the Leonard Nimoy of the Aliens universe.

it's by far beter than the first one. Also the whole Aliens running wild on a common real scenario is really fucked up.
First one is terrible with the whole "bond" shit and that it had no likable characters at all besides the predators.

Of course. He only starts telling the truth once he's been hit around the head.

This has been an opinion that has always attracted what I feel is an unreasonable amount of flak but AVPR captured much better than AVP the way that a Predator would kick an Alien's fucking ass.

The xenomorphs are very deadly - when attacking in groups or against unarmed/lightly armed humans. But a Predator in any incarnation save AVP is fucking Batman, a nearly unstoppable warrior with the strength, the training and the equipment for wars that would be incomprehensible to delicate human minds

What the second movie did, dump one Predator in a city overrun with hundreds of xenos, that's a fair fight.

I agree there. I didn't like how in AVP one of the Predators makes a big deal out of killing one xeno then gets fucked on by one more. Predators are supposed to be able to show up in an impossibly hostile environment and just clean up everything. AVP made them punks. The premise to Requiem is far more sound than the original.

exactly. Also what was kind of fun was putting Aliens in a urban setting. Aliens belong to a fucking spaceship in space, confined dark spaces. Not running wild on a fucking street or breaking into houses. That was weird and horryfying in a good way. There's a scene with somebody trying to watch trough a window at night and they can't see shit because there's no light outside but there's light inside the house. As soon as there's a bit of light you can see the Xeno is almost pressing his face against the glass.
Also one predator going on a hunt and fucking up everyone and then fighting the predalien, was fucking nice.
First movie has way too many shit moments, like the predator making a shield with the alien head and a spear with the tail and then, they run away in slow motion. That was the most retarded thing ever. The black girl was as unlikable as a character could be, I wanted the whole time to see her being ripped in half.