Best Movie Ever Made General

Post the best movie ever mad

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kQilN0fy8w0
youtube.com/watch?v=J78J-6PbhVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you start

Had alot of potential. I will say this, Saladin was a true bro-tier Muslim, albeit he spread Sunni faith and undermined other religions and sects.

Honestly I would rather had a film about Godfrey growing from s young man to his elder years.

What was the point of introducing a bunch of unique characters and then killing off half of them in one scene early on.

wtf i hate europeans now

Im here for the rec.
Nothing to watch

It's a really good movie, but I don't think it's "best" material. Could have been with some changes.

Directors cut was good, better film than gladiator in my opinion
Shame that since than we didnt have any other large historical film

are you kidding? Troy comes to mind right away. I'm sure theres others

Orlando Bloom is a colossal Mary Sue in that movie.

Troy isn't a bad movie, but it's laughably comic in comparison. KoH tries to be serious.

Troy alexander and kingdom of heaven were made around same time.
Since than only few 300 clones came out

was this movie any good?

He also can't act for this. Looks the part, though.

watch this instead

Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven is the only good film of the three.

Troy has some good action scenes though.

forgot photo

Didnt dare to watch it after torture that noah was

>best movie ever made general
you guys looking forward to seeing it again in theaters in 10 days?

no.

fuck off weabboooooo and kill yourself

Totally, he goes from blacksmith to accomplished swordsman in a matter of hours, he was trained a blacksmith but understands agriculture, war, engineering, etc.

Its Scott's hamfisted message of "anyone can be a knight (a hero)"

why would i kill myself when i get to see the greatest film of all time on the big screen again in a matter of days? thats silly

WE

Ghibli is Japanese Disney, and totally overrated. I will say this, unlike Disney at least it has originality.

You're all doing it wrong.

It's as annoying as Robin Hood, in which we are to expect that a simple archer somehow becomes a master swordsman who is able to take on a man who has trained as a knight for his entire life and then wins. That one almost pisses me off even more because Robin in that movie doesn't even go through any serious training at all with a sword that I can remember.

Fuck off you underage retard. How is making the first animated feature length movie not "original?"

I can forgive robin hood because it's a fucking folk tail.

Even though the movie follows the tale in only the loosest sense.

Troy is a piece of shit what the fuck are you smoking

i liked troy fuck off weabooo shit. name one thing wrong with troy

The director's cut touches on this and a knowledge of history explains it.
He's like a yeoman or serjeant: he and his half brother are from a very small middle class, which is why they have cushy jobs like priest or blacksmith. Because he's reasonably wealthy he has more feudal duties than the average peasant, namely he has to fight as a man-at-arms when his lord says.

Directors Cut says he's been to war a few times like this already and he knows siege engines because he's built them before.

Current Disney isn't anything like Walt era Disney.

What movie are you even talking about? There have like 50.
Regardless, it's a folk tail, there isn't one canonical version of the story.

To demonstrate early on how brutal, arbitrary and lethal being a warrior in that time was.

This is a thread about Kingdom of Heaven and Ridley Scott. Which one do you think I am talking about?

Well shit, I need to watch the director's cut. Thanks user.

While we're at it GOAT coming through.

The score is lame.

It's doubly ironic because the original, rejected score was very good, and horner's is really lackluster.

youtube.com/watch?v=kQilN0fy8w0

Not him but director's cut makes total sense. It was like watching a different movie.

Calm down. Troy is shit in every sense, with the exception of aquiles vs hector fight.

Mary Sues aren't plot holes. Just because they explain why he's good at everything and everyone likes him doesn't mean he's a good character.

name a good movie then

superior religion kino coming through

Master and commander, das boot, the bridge over the river kwai, the exorcist, anything with B. Spencer & T Hill, Lawrence of Arabia, six degrees of separation, crash,and many more, I'm just giving you options

Best Catholic kino before TYP

six degrees of seperation, the exorcist and crash were shit

Will Silence surpass it?

>anything with B. Spencer & T Hill
>Crash
>Fucking CRASH (etther one, they're both garbage)
How did you fail to show off infront of a guy who thinks Troy is good? This board is pleb central.

Elaborate, I'm not going to fight you. Maybe you saw things I missed

>andrew garfield
such a shame tbqhwy

Crash might be something you could argue about, but if you don't like Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill films, you have no soul and hence no place on this planet

i dont understand why you guys think troy is shit. then again you probably watch shitty weabooo anime movies

It didn't work the first time neckbeard. This is your last (you)

You like Troy, you think Troy is good, you defend Troy on the internet. You don't get to act condescending about taste.

JAFFA KREE

>Hating on this:
youtube.com/watch?v=J78J-6PbhVo

When is this supposed to get funny? It's so dull and lifeless.

You have no idea the amount of time passed in the movie. Clearly.

Once again, a Mary Sue isn't a plot hole. Just because there's a reason for it doesn't make it good.

Fucking millenials

TYP?

The Young Poop

>WATCH IT

WATCH IT PROTESTANTISM

ah, that show.

nah, I started the first episode thinking it was historical drama, shut it off as soon as he turns his lamp on in the first 5min of ep 1

I've seen every Buster Keaton movie. There's no joke in that video, there's no comedic timing. It's garbage that your Italian grandma put on so you would take a nap.

Your lost. Its one of the best tv shows ever.

grandma is that you?

Serious, give it a try, you won't regret it.

I wish I could get over my anxiety enough to get medicinal weed to get over my anxiety
inb4 degenerate
no u

What's so good about it?

tell me why you think troy is bad. you cant thats why. it has good acting, good fight scenes, good story, set in ancient times. It was a good movie you are just a faggot kid who likes anime.

Watch first 2 episodes if you dont like them than its not for you, but give it a try. It has great characters, Jude Law kills it. Cinematography is beautiful and it is often very funny.

You are not a degenerate. You have a problem, and problems can be fixed. You are in my prayers bro.

OK then, better be good

>set in ancient times
Bronze age fags need to get a reality check. Sea peoples movie would have been a far better story to tell

Stop talking about anime you complete autist.

It is an aesthetic experience

what movie?

you cant come up with a reason why the movie is bad.

Citizen Kane. Fuck all y'alls.

Excalibur you complete fucking pleb

Excalibur. King Arthur Kino complete. It follows TOaFK, wherein Merlin is a Kabbalistic wizard, Morgana Le Fey learns the dark arts from watching him, the knights have sacred brotherly oaths to each other, there are lots of sweet tits, epic battles, wonderful music from Richard Wagner...I could go on and on.

>multiple people dying for a complete stranger
Interesting stuff. Honestly makes me wonder about dying for any cause.

You fight for a guy who you think is noble. Ok, all and good, then he says "We're picking up this dude who you'll never really know and he has heat on his back." "Uh, okay" you think but you don't really question it. This guy is family to you, and this request doesn't seem too bizarre. Then a dozen people surround you. You know in your heart you will likely die. You've accomplished very little. You're in great shape thanks to years of exercise, you're handsome from birth, you're even kind of smart. But in the end you fight a horde of people whose names you'll never know for a person you will never understand, and take a bolt through the neck. You have enough time to realize "I have a fucking bolt in my neck, nobody can save me from this." Sure you kill another person but what does that even mean to you? You're going to die.

That scene really fucked my head.

Calm down mate I don't know every movie thats ever been made, unlike you who can tell a 35 year old movie from a fucking shitty screenshot you fucking autistic

You are wrong in the sense that you don't actually emphatize with them. Or with the german for that matter, since you are talking about the bolt in the neck. You see yourself there and then, but you don't see yourself being born and raised in those circumstances, in which being at that position will be like riding a ferrari. Those guys already made it. They had war horses, sound swords, serving a lord and respected. Must of europe in those days literally walked in shit, with the exception of the moor kingdom in the now spanish land. We whites were the niggers of that whole millenia, and that's a fact

You cunt should be thanking the guy that schooled you where are your manners. Fucking A this world is going bananas

"You don't empathize with them"? I completely do though. Was I not supposed to? Why do you think that?

"We whites were the niggers of the whole militia", lol I guess *some* were. But to think all whites were is simply wrong.

If you think it is impossible to empathize with those characters, you're beyond help. I can place myself in their shoes and it's a painful situation. To imagine that "life is about dying honorably" for so long only to die for a cause you've only barely touched on then diverged to an area that, to you, doesn't matter? It's just shitty to die in a forest for what ends up being a simple point in a far-greater war.

>It's just shitty to die in a forest for what ends up being a simple point in a far-greater war.
No. You'll die anyway. You left your home years ago. You have dedicated 10 years of your life to fight, and you found a bunch that accepted you as a brother, and you did to them as well. Believe me, dying in that forest is as good as it gets right there and then.

If you're trying to tell me you completely understand the mindset, I do not believe you.

I've tried placing myself in their shoes and feel like my death may have ultimately been worthless. It's one thing to commit yourself to a noble leader who will lead you in the Crusades, and another to follow that same leader into a forest to pick up heat nobody needs for a bastard son nobody should recognize and die for unsure if anybody there will even make it to Jerusalem.

I'm just saying it might be a very hard thing to die for in that forest. I agree that if you were some poor peasant who maybe made it up to under-knight level, to fight among brothers for a while would be very fulfilling. But that forest fight really makes me think that many have died for almost nothing.

Just worth thinking about more in depth, man.