Thoughts Sup Forums?

thoughts Sup Forums?
this scene alone made up for the ending (which I would've preferred to be bleak rather than joyful).

I still don't exactly know what I'm looking at, but it's fucked up.

Being a fan of the franchise/evangelion it was everything I wanted.

I do think it has wonderful pacing up until "that scene at night", after that the film kinda falls apart. Anno only has one real climax to deliver, and I've seen the country come together thrice now if you count the rebuilds. By the time the final act starts, you know nothing's topping that midway point.

I really hope they don't make a direct sequel to this ending

Sauce?

I hope they do

>it's an OP posts a cool image while everyone pretends to know what it's from thread episode

Shin Godzilla

it took me a minute to realize what movie they're talking about, what's your excuse you fucking retard
all hints are there

literally >'I'M DIRECTING'

>not knowing about shin godzilla and the multiple discussions about the very picture in the OP that have taken place here in the last few weeks

you fucking shut your whorebag piece of shit cocksucking mouth

>"BOW BEFORE MY INTELLECT YOU SHITLORD"

is that an alien?

Godzilla vs the trains and the city of tokyo was a great ending

But why were the trains flying?

Collision with godzilla at high speeds + forward traveling momentum of the other train cars

calm down you autist

i dont think its his reproduction because the things look like in total agony and too humanoid to be his offspring.

i think its a nod to the aftermath of hiroshima and nagasaki and the agony it has brought to its survivors. like the deformed children of radiation victims. he just sheds them like scales. so you ask yourself how painful it must be to be them.

shin zilla is all about suffering the nuclear aftermath.

They said shin godzilla adapts to whatever condition or obstical it's facing

To walk on land permanently it grew itself legs and an internal cooling system.

To fight the bombers it got it's heatbeam, to stop the bombs it got the back beams

To target the drones it got the tail beam

To fight a group of humans working together it made a group of organisms working together

Cont.
don't get me wrong, I FUCKING LOVE how Anno delivered the "country comes together against threat" 2nd/3rd acts of this. It was a modern movie where people solved problems by talking and trial-and-error. Not some "science the shit out of this" garbage.

Tone wise, its schlock. Like all Godzilla joints. This was an enjoyable Godzilla movie, but other 'standalone' shit like GMK/Heisei era are more fun/comfy.

Managed to bring two normie friends to the local screening a month ago, and 5 minutes in one of them went "oh, it's Aaron Sorkin's GODZILLA". Couldnt have been more right.