Why is Minority Report held in high regard?

Why is Minority Report held in high regard?

>jet pack fight scene
>chasing his eye balls down a corridor
>cgi hover car parkour

Felt like a comedy

All Spielberg movies are overrated shit.

Who holds it in high regard?

Shitty Spielberg Sci-Fi with Lexus product placement.

I thought it was a great movie

jaws is great film, for the rest you're right

thoughts on ai?
made me cry

wow those 3 scenes are the entire movie, I totally have to rethink it now.

Stupid faggot.

DUDE THOUGHT CRIMES LMAO

Shut your fucking mouth

jurassic park is great, too

tried to watch this twice, fell asleep both times. Don't understand the hype.

I don't see any problems with your greentexts. It was an enjoyable sci fi film.

In the future, we will prosecute crimes before they even happen, using identical triplets so pale and thin that they are powerful psychics who must bathe in milk.

WHAT don't you understand?

Try reading my post again, friend.

I don't understand the hype, not the movie.

The eye scenes terrifyied me as a kid.

>Try reading my post again

Sorry friendo, I don't read anything twice.

Cause it's good?
AI would probably be considered one of his best films if he hadn't fucked up the ending.

So there were some fun scenes. What's wrong with that? The emotional payoff is amazing.

CAN'T RUSE THE CRUISE

>fucked up the ending
how should a.i. have ended?

HA

idk what you're referring to with hover car parkour but yes the jet pack fight scene and the eyeballs are meant to variously be cheeky, bawdy, absurd, grotesque, etc. the whole tone of the movie is meant to be strange and off-kilter, this was intentional.

at the blue fairy part. cut the robot aliens

You all don't like it because a pedo gets rekt in this movie.

>AI would probably be considered one of his best films if he hadn't fucked up the ending.

it's kubrick's ending

Did you even watch it

that would make the movie pointless. the entire thematic point behind the story happens after that.

The entire thematic point is that robot aliens will trick him into thinking he's become human?

The movie is structured like a fairy tale. Most old school fairy tales and cultural myths end tragically. Often times with a character wandering or trapped for all eternity. It would have made more sense thematically and emotionally to have it just fade to black, forever staring at the blue fairy.

Kubrick can't into story so that doesn't surprise me.

>The movie is structured like a fairy tale. Most old school fairy tales and cultural myths end tragically. Often times with a character wandering or trapped for all eternity. It would have made more sense thematically and emotionally to have it just fade to black, forever staring at the blue fairy.

pro tip: the ending isn't happy.

>humans get wiped out blah blah
Doesn't matter. The audience interpreted it as a happy ending, and Spielberg knew they would. He grew soft in his old age. The haunting image of david in the sub for all time is a haunting one that would have resonated with audiences. Not stupid looking robot aliens talking about some far future.

no the extinction of humanity is just the start.

the fulfillment of david's journey, him getting exactly what he wants, is happy TO HIM. it's the fairytale veneer on a more psychologically nuanced story. this dichotomy between what is being presented lyrically and what is actually happening in the final scenes was intentional. if you look at the story outside of david's perspective it becomes clear, and it is incredibly despairing in its implications.

It doesn't matter. The audience overwhelming interpreted the story through david's perspective and they're not going to carefully analyze something like AI which hasn't set itself up in anyway to be thought of in that light. The ending failed to connect with the audience on an emotional level.

>It doesn't matter. The audience overwhelming interpreted the story through david's perspective and they're not going to carefully analyze something like AI which hasn't set itself up in anyway to be thought of in that light. The ending failed to connect with the audience on an emotional level.

yes it does matter, this was the artistic intention and plenty of people recognized it. the vociferousness of those who didn't means nothing to me and my valuation of the movie. the elements of the ending were carefully seeded throughout the movie in countless ways in terms of narrative action, visuals, dialog. it's the ending that the story was always arriving towards. the rhetorical point of the story entreated the audience to interpret the ending in the way i'm talking about right from ben kingsley's opening narration and william hurt's monologue.

It's a great scifi movie, and PKD just interesting stuff.

The TV show was an abortion though.

You have to be at least 18 to post here.

>minority report
>everyone's white

what were they trying to tell us?