Battle Angel: Alita

With all these threads about GITS I think it's time someone pointed out that Battle Angel Alita is BY FAR a better story, with a more interesting setting, and is a much more daring exploration of "what it means to be human" (and it's not a cheap Jap knock-off of Neuromancer, either)

Let's get a Battle Angel thread going, then

>(and it's not a cheap Jap knock-off of Neuromancer, either)

You mean Robocop with tits?

Nope.

>Robert Rodriguez
So it'll be even more infantile than Amerifat GitS

At least they got a qt

wasn't there an image of papa cameron wearing a T-shirt of this animu?

First is was American capeshits

Now it's Jap capeshits

Why the fuck is Hollywood becoming so obsessed with weabo superhero shit, Jesus Christ. No one except faggots is familiar with any of this. I have never seen Battle Angel Alita, and I have seen way too much animu.

The people who watched this is highschool must be in their 40s now.

Looks like Christopher Waltz and Jackie Earle Hailey are in it.

I wonder which is Ido and which is Desty Nova... Jackie's probably the latter

>31yo taco lady
It was doomed from the get go

JC loves Battle Angel Alita, but unfortunately for the world, he's making more Avatar movies instead of Alita. He's exec producing this Rodriguez movie, though.

>tfw they'll turn it into YAshit

Arguably a better choice than casting a dumpy Jewish woman as Motoko Kusanagi

Two wrongs don't make a right

>5 AVATARS PLANNED
>WAITING FOR GLASSESLESS 3D

CAMERON BETTER HOPE THEY CAN UPLOAD HIS GHOST TO THE INTERNET, NIGGA GON DIE BEFORE HE MAKES ANOTHER MOVIE

>the blade is not real Damascus steel
Shittiest cosplay of the year.

ScarJo is fat and unsuitable
This girl seems just fine.

I doubt anyone's seen the anime, it was absolute dog shit. Alita's reputation is solely built off the long running science fiction comic, which is one of the best, maybe THE best SF manga stories. It's certainly ripe for a movie adaptation.

Hotter version of Aubrey Plaza

I'm "cautiously hopeful" about this

The scrapyard, with Tiphares suspended in the sky overhead, is an absolutely fantastic setting.

The closest we've had to it visually is maybe the junk yard from A.I.... Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure a lot of the visuals in AI were inspired by panels from Alita.

The setting of Elysium is pretty much a rip-off of Battle Angel Alita, and some of the tech in it has a similar look

Would

Why the fuck did Cameron entrust this project with that spic fuck Rodriguez? Already he's filled the cast with taco fucks and probably shooting it with green screens in his back yard. I'll never watch it while the GitS and Valerian movies seem more appealing.

Mmm

friendly reminder that Elysium was basically a watered down Alita

>two-time Academy Award winner Christoph Waltz has entered talks to play Doctor Dyson opposite leading lady Rosa Salazar. Dyson is a cybersurgeon who becomes a father figure to Salazar’s Alita.

"Dyson"????

Jap does not do capeshit.

American cape shit is action to action, Japs are all about visuals of pondering fag

more like battle anal

american capeshit is about satisfying the revenge fantasies of fourteen year old boys.

japanese capeshit at least addresses a wider range of people, and does it without ever using the word KATHOOOOM.

a lot of anime adaptions are shit. did you ever see the first Appleseed? it looked like it had been badly rotoscoped by the Hanna-Barbera stable of artists circa 1971.

>and does it without ever using the word KATHOOOOM.

yeah instead they use their own bunch of onomatopoeia that you can't understand but think is super cool.

Stupid weeaboo faggot.

>robert rodriguez
please james. you were the chosen one. you were going to usher in an era of mangakino

He knows America is going to be majority Mexicans by the time it comes out. Your precious Trump can't stem the brown tide!

Yeah. That horseshit has me worried too. Guess they wanna Americanize it because Ido is Japanese and the actor is white.

You realize that Alita is set in post apocalypse America, right? Plus Alita herself is a cyborg with an artificial body from Mars. Hell, the cartels probrably ended up going all too Fast & Furious on Mars and created cyborg assasins. I kid. I forget the backstory of the Martian factions in Alita.

As my Puerto Rican college friend pointed out, when you have a nice future like Star Trek, you don't see many Hispanics. When you have a terrible one like Terminator, there are Hispanics everywhere. Nice job, Hollywood.

More like two Wongs don't make a white.

It could be worse... I guess I don't mind what the characters are called, but it's a pretty pleb move nevertheless

true dat
also cameron has said he's been wanting to do alita since late 1990's (early 2000)

fucker also wore a tshirt with alita on it while filming avatar!

fuck you cameron for making the fans wait this long
F
U
C
K
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

As long as they do this guy right and have that one scene where he takes his glasses off, I'll be happy.

Not sure if they'll get that far in the story though, especially since they've said they'll definitely have motor ball in it... That arc took up a lot of time

>Jap does not do capeshit.
Sentai, dumbass.
Everyone does capeshit.
Chink's wuxia
Mexishit's luchadore

>Robocop
>not a knock off of 8 man
Ayyyylmao

Nah, they will probably end it about the 3 volume of the manga which involves that motor ball sport. They have mentioned the sport in the character synapse of Mr Vector which isn't like in the manga but I bet he would probably get into that racket if there was credits to be made.

Desty Nova will probably have a small cameo. I haven't seen any info about them casting his character yet either so he might not even be in it.

Christopher Waltz is playing Ido and Jackie Earle is playing the giant cyborg villain Makaku. Desty Nova will probably not be in this movie. I hope I'm wrong though.

>Desty Nova will probably not be in the movie

Source? You're getting this from IMDB?

Looked at IMDB and Desty Nova isn't listed at all. Plus he only made a small cameo in volume 1 during a flashback.

Such a cute and strong weapon

One of the things I like about BA:A - and I'm being sincere here - one of the things I like about it is that it's genuinely diverse. Japanese manga are usually pretty xenophobic to say the least. I mean, Attack On Titan is basically about fear of immigrants, and Terraformars is, to put it bluntly, about fear of negroes. Ghost In The Shell is all white faces, etc.

There's no need to shoehorn diversity into Battle Angel as it's full of strong, visibly ethnic characters - Jashugan, Zazie, Mbadi, Vector. Quite progressive of Yukito Kishiro.

I had the idea that Tiphares and the Junkyard were in future Israel for some reason

It's the first Zapan arc that's getting adapted iirc

The only time CG is appropriate

original japanese name of the cities were literally Jeru and Salem

it's not exactly subtle

Quit trying to make me hate it by dropping your sjw buzzwords everywhere you cunt.

>Attack On Titan is basically about fear of immigrants
Attack on Titan was about the fear of being eaten by giants, stupid ass nigga.

Well, the manga has a lot of biblical names and whatnots

>Tiphares is near Kansas City, Missouri, and the Necropolis is Colorado Springs, Colorado. Radio KAOS is at Dallas. Figure's coastal hometown is Alhambra. Desty Nova's Granite Inn is built out of a military base – NORAD at Cheyenne Mountain Complex, Colorado

oh right, I always forget abut the NORAD complex

I see you have a good appreciation of subtlety user, I like it

>Attack On Titan is basically about fear of immigrants
Christ. Quit projecting.

Is there a decent download anywhere? Looking for any comic, all I can find is folders of images.

AnimeBytes

Of course it would be. I'm not fortunate enough to have been invited.

And no one who is would be willing to reup, I know.

secret club

Read up on the author and where he got his inspiration. Also learn a bit of entry level analysis you thick fuck.

KATHOOOOM! MORE MEN IN TIGHT PANTS STANDING WITH THEIR CROTCHES PUSHED FORWARD! WITH THAT GRIMACE THAT LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE ABOUT TO PROLAPSE! OH NO, I HAVE TO USE MY SPECIAL SUPERPOWER TO DESTROY THE ENEMY OR THE FOURTEEN YEAR OLDS WON'T BUY THE COMIC!

you can go back to Sup Forums now.

>knock off of 8 man

wait, is that the one where the hero gets his power from smoking cigarettes?